Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Some kind of wannabe sxs build (side by sidekick?)
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #210 (permalink)
YotaAtieToo

Member # 25632
Did ~25 mile loop of mixed smooth dirt roads, rough dirt roads, mild trails and a hair of crawling. No issues other than the noise from the pos rear drums. Rides really good, even with the struts topping out often.

Since I don't trust this thing enough to take out in the middle of nowhere by its self, I had the wife follow in our 3rd Gen 4runner.

Watch out for all that flex

Local area up our way, I've been going up here for my whole life and I still forget how amazing it is sometimes.

I definitely want to get the longer struts in, it's basically topped out just sitting there. You can feel it a lot on the rough roads. I should be getting the limit straps I need in the next few days for that.

As expected, gearing sucks, high range is pretty sluggish. And it has a hard time climbing in low, even stalls out occasionally, the sami case should be perfect with the 1.6/4.16.

Like I mentioned before, steering works really well even aired down, locked front in the rocks.

Speaking of lockers, this is my 2nd spartan and I love them. I had on in my FJ80 front and it almost felt open as far as steering but was always locked 100% when needed. Same as this one. The full carrier Detroit I put in my front 60 was not the case, even in 2 low, you could feel it binding and struggling to unlock all the time.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote