Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Appraisal
Thread: Appraisal
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
gunracer1

Member # 7412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboyboone View Post
Problem with a truck like yours is our fucked up gas prices dude. You won’t be happy with a 6.0 the only option is a diesel, and your only selling this for a down payment unless you go a couple years older. From experience, a diesel will pay for itself fairly quickly compared to that sweet ass 8.1, but damn them big block ls motors are sweet as fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the new gmc and chevy have a gas 6.6 401 hp option. and diesel pays for itself about 5 percent of the time, most don't need it. it is usually just a waste of money. and don't get me wrong, i like them also. but they are really not needed. hell i towed 15,000 with my 18 6.3 {420 hp}1500 silverado. i had it flat on the floor and it slowed down to 45 going up the very last part of raton pass. that was the only time it lacked for a bit of pull. every where else it ran as fast as i dared.
that being said i bought a 19 duramax. only because i wanted to get back into the long bed.