Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Why don't companies want to keep their best and brightest?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Roc Doc
Change is good.

Member # 20631
Most companies are top heavy. The company I work for, (mfg of construction components), is super lean. There is the owner, who owns the buildings, the machinery, the land under the buildings, the inventory, the packaging...IOW, he doesn't owe anyone shit, no banks, no shareholders, partners, nothing.

Then there is my boss, then me and I don't supervise anyone. So that's the structure, absolute minimalist, do your job and you'll get good compensation, or if you don't you'll get replaced, as it should be. Most modern corps are bleeding off the profits to so many people that don't really add anything, that nobody can really make any good money. They set up unrealistic and sometimes indecipherable bonus plans, and with equity groups they don't GAF about anything except documentable EBITA, so they can flip the company.

We didn't stop to say hi cause he's a fucking douchebag.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote