Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Taco box gearing with auto?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
06 H3
Granite Guru

Member # 175478
I like this thread, I am a fan of super low range and that might because I am out wheeling a heavy pig of a SAS H3 with a bunch of first gen Toyotas with dual cases and they work well. Rapier, did you use the throttle much at all or were you under 1200 or so rpm crawling the soup bowl?

I am not trying to dereail this thread but I have always wondered if you could reap both the benefits of an auto and manual. The benefits of an auto is some slip and "give" in the drivetrain when bumping obstacles hard but when crawling I have seen the benefit of that direct drive the manual gives. If the auto can handle the stress if you locked your TC at super low RPM crawling would that give it that manual direct drive type feel? It would drive through the brakes but you could use a TCC lock up switch like a clutch, on and off.