Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Tool Truck Tool Boxes for Dummies
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
BarrelRoll
Rock God

Member # 20304
Send a message via AIM to BarrelRoll
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlJohn View Post
Another option.....about a year and a half ago I was looking for a wider top box to throw on a bench in the corner of the shop. Looked at countless used boxes and finally ended up going to Menards and buying a Masterforce 40something wide box on sale for 380 bucks. The drawers are actually smoother than my snap on and the drawer liners are way better than what came with my snappy. I think the metal is a bit thinner but It hasn't been an issue. Box gets used daily and I have yet to have a single complaint.
I played with the masterforce stuff when I was in Menards a while ago and can't remember what I thought about them. What ever I get will get loaded down with a bunch of heavy industrial stuff so it won't see a super easy life. My harbor freight box survived pretty well but some of the slides are junk after pulling drawers to move it a bunch. I'm not ruling out a new Chinese box but my thought is buy once, cry once and let someone else take the "deprecation" hit.
BarrelRoll is offline   Reply With Quote