Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - 72 F250 2WD to 4WD build
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #161 (permalink)
rattle snake

Member # 860834
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowracer View Post
beautiful work as always, keep it coming
Thanks. It might look good but has some issues. The additional bend I put in the track bar was too much and causing more issues.

Got the tires mounted. Had to drive around to 4 different tire shops to find one willing and capable. Tire pro's told me they could do 40s, but when I showed up they said 4 year old tires were 'too old'... guess they weren't interested. Shit, discount is 10 years, but no point even asking them.

The tainted tire with bead damage looks to have other issues as well. It sits and rolls tilted indicating broken belts. The other 3 don't. Probably why the seller bough new and sold these. But they will get it rolling and allow me to test fit, trim, hack and such, which was the point anyhow. Probably won't go down road for another 6-12 months anyhow, so a new set would just age also. Will never wear them out from miles. So, like most of my tires, they will spend there final days doing burnouts.

I think the wheel to sidewall ratio is a decent fit for this old Ford, unlike this:

Last edited by rattle snake; 02-13-2020 at 10:54 AM.
rattle snake is offline   Reply With Quote