Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Miller Multimatic 220
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
DirtyComanche

Member # 53453
Miller Multimatic 220

Thoughts?

I want to replace my MM180. And I want to do the very occasional AC TIG, along with the odd regular old DC TIG, but mostly MIG on mild steel and maybe burn a bit of Ni-99 or Castarc stick. I could also see getting a spool gun if there is more aluminum work, and my MM180 is tool old to support a spool gun without a $$$ controller. Currently when I get into it I regularly max the duty cycle on the MM180 also, and looking at the charts for the 220 I should be at about 70-80% duty cycle versus about 30% on the 180 doing the same work.

There is no used machines available here, don't suggest it. I don't care that you can buy some 1000lb transformer machine for less than scrap price and the seller will throw in a free handjob and a Bridgeport series 1. The logout button is at the top right and under your username and you can hit that rather than reply.

Anyone own one? Or looked at one? If you didn't get it, what did you get?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DirtyComanche; 02-14-2020 at 09:37 PM.
DirtyComanche is online now   Reply With Quote