Pirate 4x4 banner

351W tranny/ tcase options for project

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  rock-rod 
#1 ·
have 351w from a 94 bronco.

not sure what the tranny and tcase are,
but i need a good combo that will bolt up, that will make it pass drop. any options, prolly need a adaptor, any help would be great.

i want something low, even better if i can get twin sticks out of it.

i am sure i will need an adaptor, but hoping there is an option that wont need it.

#5 · (Edited)
1986 and up Chevy np205 off of a th400 had the same 6 bolt circular pattern as ford did. You will just have to notch a slot on the other side of the adapter for the shift rail to bolt the chev np 205 to the C6.

You will also have to change the input of the 205 from chevy 32 spline to fords 31 spline, which is a quick swap.

Best bet for low ratio, twin sticks, and passenger drop is to find a Ford C6 with a np203, and build or buy a doubler using a chevy passenger drop np205

#7 ·
i remembered i asked the ford guys a few weeks ago, and i was told this is what tranny it would have

Model: E4OD
Type: Electronic Four speed Over Drive
Years:
'90-'96 Bronco,
'89-'98 F-Series
Engines: {300, 302, 351w}, {460}, {7.3L IDI}, {7.3L PSD}, {5.4L}
Display: PRN(D)21 w/ overdrive lockout switch
Pan: 20 bolts
Fluid: Mercon
Ratios:
1st 2.71:1
2nd 1.54:1
3rd 1.00:1
4th 0.71:1
Trans code: E

any options for tcases i can add to that, is it possible to get a 205 or a d300 adaptor for one of those?

#15 ·
To run a jeep 300 you don't need an adapter as long as the C6 has an aluminum t-case adapter. The bolt pattern is the same, but the C6 output shaft will have to be machined down to 23 spline and shortened or see if A/A sells a replacement input gear for the 300 that is 31 spline. This little trick also works with the AOD as well. Ford and Jeep share the same 6 bolt round pattern, you just have to get around the spline counts and output shaft length.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.