Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - What happened to willyswanter? Is it true?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Big91RustyBucket
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Send a message via AIM to Big91RustyBucket
Here is the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg72
A quick clarification and some additional info:

Jason's rig wasn't completed yet, so he'd just driven up in his regular truck and was riding shotgun with the guys, shooting video, etc.

According to the sheriff, they were at least a full-days drive into the trail, and Jason was airlifted out... not driven out. I'm not sure what sort of cell phone coverage exists on the 'Con.... but my guess is that it's pretty weak. That probably explains why nobody has heard much from the other guys that were with him on the trail.

My suspicion is that the rest of the folks have turned around and are trying to get back off the trail. At that point, they should be able to make phone calls and help us understand how this happened.

Not knowing is the hardest part.... I wish I had more information to share, but that's all I have so far. Scott (4X4HIGH) was up half the night answering phone calls from the police and even the assocation that does the organ donation program. Apparently Jason was a "donor". I'm not surprised...he was always a generous person... Even in death, he wanted to give something back.

I know that the police are still trying to locate Jason's parents...so if anyone knows how to reach them, they should contact the El Dorado Sherrifs Department immediately. At this point, I don't think Jason's parents even realize anything has happened.

Quote:
You've inspired me to start a build thread of my own.......... all the pictures will be upside down to reflect my driving style!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89 S10 Truggy
Big91RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote