Pirate 4x4 banner

update pics -

179K views 610 replies 122 participants last post by  snowracer 
#1 ·
some rear 3 link pics ( some are a repost some new - )

See less See more
#261 ·
na - i use a pipe wrench - and balistic sells hex ones too - and there will be a pinion gard, but not tied to the truss - just the diff cover ( 3/8" thick ) bolted to the housing and the truss

#264 ·
WTF???
the turning radius ? it will be the same - the knuckles turn the same deg. as a single wheel - just wider -

#268 ·
The best part of the whole build is the ingenious use of darts as plumb bobs, to correctly center the axle in the rig! I never would have thought of that! Cheers! Awesome build so far.

#269 ·
so ---- you like my darts - um - i mean the plumb bobs - :flipoff2:

ya they were there just sticking in the dart board, and screamed to me " plumb bob with 15 lbs test line " :D

i will try to finish the rear truss, and lower spring mounts this weekend - then she can be on her own weight for the first, in a long time.

#271 ·
i think it was 2x4 .250 wall...

#274 ·
Ken @ KORE beadlocks. custom cut. :smokin:

#276 ·
na hubs are out - will swap them for some singles when i get them. the rear will get some wheel spacers - like 1 3/4" or 2" -

and yes KORE beadlock - custom made :smokin:

and i build up some cash in the fall so i could work on it this winter, but im running out so progress will slow again when it gets burnned up -

total so far in build - 2300
im hoping for under - 6k ( but we will see - gears and lockers are $ )

#278 ·
well, we work together, and are brothers... so its funny to some of us. ill delete the post when he sees it. :flipoff2:

#280 ·
:flipoff2:alright. ill take it down now. :D

#283 ·
it rolls :flipoff2::flipoff2:

so to celebrate i went snow wheelin in my 95 f250 - and promplty fuck it up - went solo, with my son - got stuck in some 26" shit - then broke though the ice layer and sank to the mud under - the snow was half way up the doors - had to dig out - as the winch couldnt reach the tree line ( and i wanted to go in reverse ) then i got stuck in a drift trying to turn around - the snow was up to the pass window ( my son thought it was funny as hell when the snow came in the window when he lowered it ) - dug / winched / dug - and then as i was almost back to going the right direction - BANG - and no rear drive - dug/dug/dug / winched - lost the rear 1350 at the axle and the 1330 at the t case - drove out in FWD - so - do they make a 1410 for the 10.25 ? :flipoff2: -

im tired - but im going to fix it and do it again in the morning with svt - :flipoff2:

and when i get pics loaded ill post then

#284 ·
oh - and im waiting on some heim step-down spacers ( making them on the lathe ) to finish the track arm mounts - then ill get some poser outside pics for the first time

#285 ·
:laughing:

your welcome for the u-joints for your F250... :D:grinpimp:. the guys at Napa on the weekends are just as good as the guys at Vatozone. I hope they were the right ones so we can go out tomarrow morning.

#287 · (Edited)
ya the u joint may have "SUPER " on the box - but they are thin and the grease passages are huge ( like 3/16 and the old ones were less than 1/16 ) - but i think highangle is going to make me some 1410 shit -

new pics in a seconed ( the bucket is taking forever today )

#288 ·
ok - so it stopped raining and snowing long enough today to push the bitch out - and clean the shop ( it was getting nasty )
the rear is welded with some struts just to move it - the front coils measure 22.75" - 23" but there is not alot of weight on her right now - so it "should" drop around 2" in the front and the rear will match - and the tires have 30psi in them - had to push it in after around 2 hours as the skys opened up again - but no one cares - so here are the pics -

#289 ·
the track arm is still not finished, and the mounts are going to be double shear when i get the spacers turned down - i couldnt get the drag link and the track arm any closer in angle - but when the suspension is at the right height ( around 21" on the coils ) it is almost perfect ( 2 deg off ) but like i said she is sitting high -

and my son said i need to hurry up - as he wants to drive it "for real " after i let him steer when i moved it

#293 ·
ya i know - but im only lying to myself :D

and 6 k was just to make it runable -

im sure ill get alot more into it by the time i get it how i like it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.