Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Project: Eat Me
Thread: Project: Eat Me
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
johnrv4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member # 82909
Posts: 385
Blog Entries: 1
I ended up with a 1" of body lift. The plan is to have a flat belly pan. So, I ended up cutting up the floorboards to make some clearance.




I'm striving for a low CG, so the goal is to have 5" up travel, 9" of down travel.
Moving the axle forward posed a problem.. The frame dropped down more than I wanted it to. I saw it was going to be a problem with it hitting the steering components, so I decided to modify it. First I made sure everything was leveled, then I welded a couple of pieces of angle iron across the frame rails to keep everything from moving. Then, I cut a couple of wedge-shaped pieces out of the frame.



I pulled the frame upward, measured both sides, and tacked the pieces together. Then, I took another two slices out of the bottom side of the frame farther forward.


Sorry for the shitty picture quality. I should have checked them more often.

Then, I welded both sides together completely and ground them smooth.
johnrv4 is offline   Reply With Quote