Agr = another gearbox request - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 216437
Agr = another gearbox request

STILL WAITING ON MY STEERING GEARBOX THAT I ORDERED A MONTH AGO (AND PAYED FOR IN FULL),THEY SAID 14 BUSINESS DAYS TO SHIP ,WICH WAS 6-5-2013,THEN 6-11-2013, I CALLED TODAY ,THE PERSON I NEED TO TALK TO IS NOT IN TODAY ,TRY AGAIN TOMARROW , ,I GUESS ITS STILL NOT READY TO SHIP, ANY ONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH A RUN OF THE MILL GEARBOX FROM A 81'TO 91' "METRIC" CHEVY/GMC ,@ $429.00 + SHIPPING
Old 06-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 150681
I had the same issue with AGR. The first gear box they sent me was for the wrong jeep and when they finally sent me the right one, it didn't work. In the end they did give me my money back minus all shipping cost and I just bought a gear box from PSC. It did cost a few more $'s but I got it one week and it worked!
trailabite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 216437
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailabite View Post
I had the same issue with AGR. The first gear box they sent me was for the wrong jeep and when they finally sent me the right one, it didn't work. In the end they did give me my money back minus all shipping cost and I just bought a gear box from PSC. It did cost a few more $'s but I got it one week and it worked!
at ORD the PSC box is $50 cheaper , $hit I wish I knew that a month ago

Last edited by tranzron; 06-15-2013 at 12:56 PM.
tranzron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 216437
still waiting ,tracking # says it should be here Mon 6-24 , DAMN I hope it works , Only 40 Days , Great customer Service "AGR"
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 222029
Originally ordered all my steering components from AGR. Took over 2 months to get everything. Find out they sent me the wrong pump and have to ship back on my dime only to wait another month to receive correct one. Screw AGR. PSC is the only way to go.
Curbkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 56912
Send a message via AIM to smokinsilverrt
agr flat out sucks in my opinion.i installed a tc pump from them bled it using their bleeding procedure. bled it was working great test drove it 15 min ride fluid looked good then out of nowhere i lost steering a seal blew internally took many angry calls to get them to even honor their warranty they were refusing to replace a brand new part they sold.total dicks to deal with
Old 01-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 192235
AGR Still SUCKS

They have been jerking me around since dec 18th cant give me a ship date wont issue a refund pretty much worthless...
Davesperf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 25603
Send a message via Yahoo to johnny_boy02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesperf View Post
They have been jerking me around since dec 18th cant give me a ship date wont issue a refund pretty much worthless...
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge.
johnny_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 216437
my box leaked from the second I installed it , all I got from them is big piece of scrap metal and no refund ,
Old 06-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 314554
AGR sucks a goats ass. I placed a order in January, by April I hadn't received a thing from them. I had called several times, and sent several emails. I was told several LIES, like " Waiting on the shaft" or "Just got the parts, it will ship Wensday". Those were the two most used lies. So last month(April) I canceled my order and called PSC. AGR had tried to buy parts from PSC, LOL. Anyways my order from PSC shipped the same day I ordered it. The steering system was at my house 3 days later!!!!
AGR drug their feet for a month before they finally refunded my money, I and my wife had called them about the refund. My wife was nice to them on the phone as I was the first time. The second call I made I was very clear to them. I told them my lawyer would be in touch with them, and that I was going to file a police report( advised from my bank), and contact the better buisness breau. That must have been enough because the refund came last Friday.
CR33PN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 06:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Slab King

Member # 775225
Yup, this all sounds about right. Same thing happening over there 5 years later.

Man, you'd think YEARS of mismanaging a company and lying to angry customers would start to suck after a while and make a guy want to make some changes. I guess it depends on the guy...

Apparently if you do a good job taking care of a few race teams and wealthy hobbyists you can stay in business even though you screw over the majority of your smaller 1-3 purchase customers. It'll catch up to them sooner or later.

I just filed a CC dispute with them after being told 8 times in 3 months my parts would ship "tomorrow", and after one month of them refusing to refund my money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in