WARNING CANADA SCAM ARTIST - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 54700
WARNING CANADA SCAM ARTIST

!!!! WARNING !!!!
Do not deal with James H. He is from Ontario and has moved into Saskatchewan. He is living in Yorkton and also Jedburgh Saskatchewan. He has ripped off numerous people including me.
He usually deals with Fords, Cummins diesel engines, Dodge transmissions and he does know his stuff! He is a CON ARTIST and will take your money! His wife/exwife is named Maranda and I dont know if she is involved or not.
His picture is attached. Steer away from this person he is a con artist loser! Here are some of the email address' he has used:

Here is his current ads, some of which are parts he has been paid for and is reselling.

CUMMINS 5.9 DIESEL SWAP CONVERSION UPGRADE PARTS | engine, engine parts | Regina | Kijiji

DANA 60,70,80 FRONT AXLES AND PARTS | transmission, drive train | Regina | Kijiji

DANA 60 FRONT AXLE PASSENGER DROP KINGPIN | transmission, drive train | Regina | Kijiji

FORD 9" POSI 31 SPLINE 3.50 GEARS | transmission, drive train | Regina | Kijiji

DODGE RAM CUMMINS AUTO TRANSMISSION FRESH REBUILD 96-02 47RE | transmission, drive train | Regina | Kijiji

Last edited by Administrator; 05-08-2018 at 01:05 PM. Reason: remove personal information
evan_880 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Canuckastani

Member # 164167
Details on how he is scamming?

1993 Dodge W-250 CTD/Getrag 360/205/kingpin HO72/14bolt on 4Ds
2015 Yamaha WR250R
Boons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 54700
Starts working on a project, receives payments ( had a payment schedule ) then just drags things out. once i went and saw what had actually been done the previous was all lies. Has stated to other people he owes money to that he has no money because he paid me back.... obviously i wouldn't be posting this if i got my money back.
He knows his stuff and will get someone on the hook and then just drag things out or come up with excuses. Before i started to deal with him we met in person ( he is a couple hours away ) and talked about my whole project and he more than answered all my questions and had me very comfortable. This is the exact same thing that happened to another fellow that i met from another city not far away. Exact same circumstances.
Just be careful. People can walk the walk, and talk the talk and still take ya.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
So, how is this Pirate related? Is he on here? Does he have a sun roof?
I had a clogged sewer pipe. After cutting the pipe, reaching in past my elbow, and removing the obstruction; about 12lbs of shit started flowing. Bits of corn and peanuts washed over my neck, down my shirt, some even got in my mouth.

It was still a better experience than buying from Ballistic Fab
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 54700
Im not sure if he is on pirate or not, he is on a few other forums and i just want to warn fellow pirates if they encounter this guy to turn and run.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
This is still pretty vague, was this guy just not moving at the speed you hoped?
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 54700
The project started with him in november of 2013. Since then it has been a fight to get emails, pictures or phone calls from him. Anytime i talked to him about progress something was wrong in his life and he couldn't catch up and wanted more money for parts....He was working out of a farmers garage of which he got locked out of for not paying his rent/electricity. I went to the farmer to see if i could get my stuff out and he let me see what was in the shed. Aside from a complete mess nothing was done. The block had been blasted and was laying on the floor rusting. The crankshaft was in another corner on the floor rusting. He had told me all of this stuff was together and was ready to run shortly. The block had NOTHING done to it. no pistons no head nothing.
I could not take anything with me because another customer of his did the same thing the weekend before and then james phoned the police and claimed the guy stole this stuff from his (it was his own stuff that he gave to james to work on). He is now trying to get the farmer in trouble because he let this other customer in to get his stuff. He has also told the farmer that he cant pay him the 2500$ he owes him for electricity and rent because he paid me back 13,000$ (i have only paid him less than 1/2 that and haven't received a penny back)

Maybe it doesnt sound like he is a "con artist" or "scammer" but this guy will take your money and you will not get what you had imagined from him. He just spins webs of lies and will screw you over. Im just trying to help other people from having the same happen.

He is currently being investigated by the RCMP

Last edited by evan_880; 04-24-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 550730
Thanks for letting us know about this dirtbag.

Another one is Asher Leatherdale from Prince George BC.
Yes that's his real name. He's lived in PG for years and is on facebook.
He sells items through kijiji that he doesn't really own. He took me for $80
for a chop saw. He even continued to text me afterwards. Said he was almost living in the street. I still text him from time to time to remind him he is a piece of shit.
shiftpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2015, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 102467
James. H.
LigBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 27554
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigBoozer View Post
James. H.
Master of Puppets is pulling your strings, taking your money and keeping your things.....MASTER, MASTER!!!
Old 05-14-2016, 05:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 675737
We'll I wish I would have found this prior to me getting scammed by this peice of shit. I sent money as deposit on parts and now this son of a bitch disappeared. I am going to find him. I talked to his employer and found out where he stays and where he keeps his stuff. Time to go for a ride and pay him a visit if I can find him. RCMP will be notified as well.
JAG32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 05:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 118887
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoyzz View Post
Master of Puppets is pulling your strings, taking your money and keeping your things.....MASTER, MASTER!!!
That perfect, hahaha!!!
grevers911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 675737
Well a crazy turn of events. I ended up meeting up and got all my parts and completed the deal. things actually turned out alright. maybe I got lucky. lesson learned. No more etransfer unless goods are exchanged prior.
JAG32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 682185
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftpro View Post
Thanks for letting us know about this dirtbag.

Another one is Asher Leatherdale from Prince George BC.
Yes that's his real name. He's lived in PG for years and is on facebook.
He sells items through kijiji that he doesn't really own. He took me for $80
for a chop saw. He even continued to text me afterwards. Said he was almost living in the street. I still text him from time to time to remind him he is a piece of shit.
Could you tell me more about Asher Leatherdale from PG? I was just given his name in relation to a dirt bike of ours that was stolen just over a week ago in PG. Curious if he lives nearby or has friends in my area. His height and weight, etc. TIA
BarbieBee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 550730
Happy to help!
He has been in PG for years, hippy looking guy from his FB pics. I never met him face to face.
I was continuing to text him about twice a year to remind him of things. First he laughed at me and said I needed to be more careful dealing with people. Then he went into denial and called me names.
Unfortunately it sounds like he is still in PG, and still a crock of shit bags. He should be hard to find, there are not many unemployed hippy types whp play their guitar on the street and rip off honest people. Oh yeah he told me he was born and raised in PG but that doesn't mean too much. I don't imagine him moving on, these kind of lowlifes never get it together to leave their home town.
Here is his phone number, if it still works. ***-***-****
shiftpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2016, 02:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 598410
First clue: James H. Never trust anyone with the name of the lead singer of Metallica
Laggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in