Xtreme Diesel Performance LLC in Ocala Fl. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 96996
Xtreme Diesel Performance LLC in Ocala Fl.

Hey guys I wanted to post my video review on Xtreme Diesel Performance LLC. In Ocala Fl. For the last two years I’ve been researching parts for my next build. An ISB3.9 converted to a front gear and swapping it into a 2011 Tacoma. In June I dropped my unassembled engine to Xtreme to get machined and assembled. This way when I returned from Senior Leader Course at Fort Sill I would be able to pick up the engine.

This deal was supposed to go down with an exchange of services. Due to my specialty in the military, I am electronic savvy. It allowed me develop a variable geometry turbo controllers. Which turned into a hobby / micro businesses. We agreed to trade one of my controllers for the work required and if it cost more then what I charge then I would pay the difference.

Short story is on approximately 06/24/2016 I delivered my Cummins ISB 3.9 to Xtreme with the agreement that I will return from school in September. On 09/22/2016 I asked xtreme if the engine will be ready on 09/26/2016. Which they stated they just need to finish the fly cuts but it'll be ready. I informed xtreme I will be leaving around 4 am to pick up the engine. At 8:22 am on 09/26/2016: approximately 15 minutes prior to me arriving at Xtreme, (250 mile drive) Michael the owner of xtreme emailed me stating not to come, that my engine wasn't read. Xtreme then offered to deliver the engine to my house in Hinesville GA. however, since this offer, xtreme has scheduled multiple delivery times to drop the engine off but they always have a reason why he couldn’t make it.

On 09/28/16 I finally retrieved my engine, it was in worse condition then I dropped it off. There was rust on new parts. Block had the crank and cam installed without being machined. He stated he installed pistons and rods because my pistons were wrong, however there wasn’t pistons or rods even in the engine.

Bottom line, over the 4 months the owner has consistently lied to me. He has told me contradictory information which leads me to believe his has no operational knowledge of Cummins B series engines.

I am so frustrated with this company. They left me in a worse position then I dropped it off. Now I have to replace missing parts as well as damaged head gasket. Because of this felt compelled to make a video review.

Please keep in mind, xtreme stated this engine was ready for delivery the last week of September 2016. Please watch the video and come to your own conclusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59U3u5a01xQ

Last edited by steed; 11-01-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Help clarify posting
steed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2016, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101927
And how is this Pirate related?
samy crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2016, 06:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 96996
Why wouldn't it be? Guys on here swap diesels just like me.

I might not be as active on this site as I am on other sites. But I still use this site for the wealth of information it can provide.

Anyways if this shop machined and assembled like they should have. I would be porting my build over here. So far I have some good information on converting a ISB 3.9 to a front gear on 4BT swaps.

My last build was a 02 Tacoma with a 4BT, dana 60 & 70.

Yoings 2.0, ISBe3.9 front gear conversion with F250 200HP calibration!

Last edited by steed; 11-01-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
If there was only a thread at the top of the page that had the rules. And what was appropriate to post. Someone should really do that.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/bad-s...join-band.html
RANGERROD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 96996
I read that before I posted, and other posts on here make similar complaints towards other company's. Maybe my opening comment isn't correctly suited for why I posted here on pirate.

I also felt a written lengthy review wouldn't cut it, as it wouldn't convey the quality of service these guys provide. Which is why I made the video review.

As far as my proof of trying to work with the company is all in the video i.e. text and Facebook messages.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 113594
By Pirate related they mean the transaction was done through pirate betweent two members or a member and a vendor.

Anyway, shitty deal on your end. MPost it to Chit Chat, more people will see it there anyway.
prox621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in