Atlas in Hesperia on Craigslist is a fraud - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 22462
Thumbs down Atlas Race Case in Hesperia on Craigslist is a fraud

This guy was a fraud don't waste your time messaging him for anything.
His name is John/Number (310) 877-5959

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/5964277119.html

Last edited by jinxspot; 03-09-2017 at 08:52 AM.
jinxspot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
?? What makes you say that?

Nothing overtly stands out about it.

Pics seem legit and match each other,
Disc seems ok and not generic cut n paste that does apear to match item.

Not defending just asking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 22462
He posted the first pic on his ad with a RaceCase with Driver Drop (he has since deleted it since I ripped him a new one about miss representing what he is selling)...

Before all the bullshit started over text... I enquired multiple times to understand what came with the case (shifters, spline count on the output shafts, trans adapter being included as listed.... typical shit). Dude reply's saying read the fucking ad, I replied saying calm down dude I'm a serious buyer and just need a few basic questions answered.... again I asked very specifically some plain and simple questions as I listed earlier, again this asshat replies and said he knows broke ass mother fuckers like me that can't afford the shit... lol. Then proceeds to tell me he can source me the parts I need like he doesn't even have what is listed to sell... all while not answering the basic questions on the damn tcase.

My post is here on pirate because I want folks to beware... in our community when good offroad shit is listed you represent the goods the best you can and treat potential buyers with respect. If you read this and still want to try to work with that seller then go ahead... I just wouldn't be surprised if you get ripped off or ripped a new one via text for trying to buy a race case.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 2775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxspot View Post
He posted the first pic on his ad with a RaceCase with Driver Drop (he has since deleted it since I ripped him a new one about miss representing what he is selling)...

Before all the bullshit started over text... I enquired multiple times to understand what came with the case (shifters, spline count on the output shafts, trans adapter being included as listed.... typical shit). Dude reply's saying read the fucking ad, I replied saying calm down dude I'm a serious buyer and just need a few basic questions answered.... again I asked very specifically some plain and simple questions as I listed earlier, again this asshat replies and said he knows broke ass mother fuckers like me that can't afford the shit... lol. Then proceeds to tell me he can source me the parts I need like he doesn't even have what is listed to sell... all while not answering the basic questions on the damn tcase.

My post is here on pirate because I want folks to beware... in our community when good offroad shit is listed you represent the goods the best you can and treat potential buyers with respect. If you read this and still want to try to work with that seller then go ahead... I just wouldn't be surprised if you get ripped off or ripped a new one via text for trying to buy a race case.
I had similar dealings with the same guy on this same Atlas, and appreciate that you are trying to warn other people.

He never kept his story straight as it always changed. One minute a 4l60e adapter was included in the deal with shifters then they were not.

Then I found him trying to sell the atlas on eBay with a completely different story. Had a bad feeling from the get go....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in