Gtkustoms is bad - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 233239
Gtkustoms is bad

He has something else posted for sale so hopefully I can warn anyone that might be wanting it. They'll be throwing their money away. His name is Travis.

Here is my story.

I bought rebuilt Oris from him last month. The price seemed fair and he was very responsive. The first red flag come up when he told me his PayPal was being difficult to get into and asked me to do a Walmart to Walmart transfer. I refused, luckily, and said I would only do PayPal so I was protected. He sent me a PayPal address so I paid. He told me he would get them shipped out the following week once he made it back to New Mexico(he was in bronson missouri). I checked with him the following week and he told me that someone crashed through his fence in Missouri so he was stuck there wrangling cattle back in and fixing the fence but that he would be in NM that week still and he would ship them asap. Later that week he massages to tell me his wife bought a car from copart.com but that it was in Atlanta Georgia so they had to go pick that up first. He said he would get the struts shipped the following week by Wednesday at the latest. Wednesday comes and goes without a peep so I message him again. I then get "my step father was supposed to get them from the storage unit but hasn't been responding so might be doing his national guard thing so I'll look into it and get back to you asap." Then nothing, again. So I start messaging a bit more. Then his wife texts me from the same number I've been messaging him on and calls me. She says she is so sorry and that she should've gotten involved sooner, the police are actively looking for Travis' step father cause no one has been able to contact him, etc. Either way she will either fly or drive to New Mexico herself and get them shipped to me. She was supposed to have done that Monday. I get a message on Monday saying that she was behind at work and would call me later. I haven't heard a word since. I've filed a PayPal dispute and will be getting my money back.

Thanks for listening. And be warned.
crawlercreations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 190020
Those guys from NM

Hope it all works out. I've wheeled with this guy before, I don't think of him as a bad guy but you never know.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
Did you ever just ask for your money back?

Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 233239
I did ask for my money back for 3 days with no response before I filed the PayPal dispute. PayPal sided with me after getting no response from the seller so I received my money back from them.
crawlercreations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in