AGR/Steerco - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Slab King

Member # 775225
AGR / Steerco

Am I allowed to give a heads up regarding super shady practices and service from AGR here?

If so I'll stick to the facts:

I ordered steering parts from them in February.
Was given a 2 week lead time and charged in full.

Never got any documentation, confirmation of the order, receipt, anything. All I have is a charge on my credit card statement.

Emailed them requesting a receipt, got no response.

Called and asked for a receipt or order confirmation, was told it would happen right away, it never did.

Called after a month to ask about when parts would ship (they were 2 weeks late at this point), was told they would ship "tomorrow".

Called a week later to ask about tracking, was told they didn't ship yet, would ship "tomorrow" and a shipping confirmation would go out as soon as they did.

Emailed a MONTH later looking for an update and got no reply.

Called and was told they didn't ship because the rams never showed up but they were expected in that day and the parts would ship "tomorrow".

Called 5 more times in the next 6 weeks and was told every single time the parts would ship "tomorrow".

Now, I may not be the quickest car in the race, but at this point (three months in) it was starting to become prettttttty clear that I was in danger of getting jerked around.

So I called again, told them I wanted to cancel the order for a refund.
"No problem, we'll get you that refund right away".

That over a month ago now.

I called three times since asking about the refund and it's always the same story: "Let me look into that and get back to you". They have never contacted me.

Never once was there an apology for the run around. Never once was there any acknowledgement that this order was mishandled in any way. Never once was any action taken in any way to either fulfill the order or the refund.

Just got off the phone with them, they're still pretending they have to look into it.

Here's the best part:
I think the owner, Josh, is pretending to be someone else on the phone!
I've spoken to him quite a few times at this point and we had a good 10 minute convo initially when I was spec'ing my parts. I recognize the same voice every time I call. Two weeks ago, when scrambling for an excuse, he said "Josh isn't here right now". But it was totally Josh. Today he said the same thing! Can't deal with CC orders because he's not authorized and only "Josh" can do it!
As if they haven't charged any new orders for 2+ weeks because the boss wasn't there LOL!
Then he tried telling me that we had never spoken on the phone before today! Lololol! We've spoken 10+ times......

Moral of the story is, Josh at AGR is either losing his grip on reality or he is a liar and a scammer.

Either way, buyer beware. I know AGR has made great parts in the past. I'm sad to see the brand get ruined by an incompetent and dishonest owner.

Since it's become clear to me that I wasn't getting my parts I've spoken with several other wheelers who have given me anecdotal stories to the effect that AGR is no longer trustworthy, the company has dwindled to one guy in a garage, all the good employees have left, etc. Just wish I'd asked around before letting them charge my card.

If anyone knows this guy or knows the story of AGR's current status as a functioning company please enlighten me.

If anyone else has been burned by Josh feel free to add to this post.

If you have RECENTLY (2019) had a good transaction with Josh and feel compelled to, feel free to temper my experience here.

Admins - if this post doesn't conform to policy, my apologies, delete if needed.
I know my transaction wasn't through Pirate but I feel like AGR is a big enough name that anyone looking for high performance steering parts will likely do business with them, and they should know what could happen if they do. Honestly, I wish I saw a post like this before losing my money to him.

Last edited by BronsonJeep; 05-30-2019 at 06:05 AM. Reason: grammar issues
BronsonJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101927
dispute charge with credit card company...done deal
samy crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slab King

Member # 775225
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy crawler View Post
dispute charge with credit card company...done deal
Of course - but it's frustrating because my bank needs me to show up to a branch in person to file the dispute and let's just say I do NOT work banker's hours. Excusing myself from work for an hour to deal with this is a PITA and I'd much rather just get the damn refund back.

Also, my intention for the post is to give a warning to others, not looking for any help with the situation. Just a buyer beware notice.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 35661
If I would have written this it would be near identical. Same crappy experience and bullshit answers. I ended up disputing it with my CC company.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slab King

Member # 775225
Quote:
Originally Posted by assman View Post
If I would have written this it would be near identical. Same crappy experience and bullshit answers. I ended up disputing it with my CC company.
Not surprised bud.
I filed a dispute today.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 121143
I had a similar experience, he still owes me $1300 for a 3.6 HA kit for a JK that didn't even fit the damn vehicle (the 3.6 just came out in the JK's at that time). Customer installed the kit after some modifications and the box locked up when he went to test drive it. They said to send the kit back and I'd get a full refund. After months of calling and asking for my money back after sending the kit back, Josh's bitch ass would not talk to me and I could only talk to the secretary. I did catch him calling once, which was the last time I called, and laid into him demanding a refund. He never gave it back. Since I had a business, I wrote that shit off because I didn't want to deal with that hack. Every time I see post on facebook or IG that he's tagged in or commenting on, I ask him where my money is and warn people to avoid him. He has never messaged me about it, just ignores my posts. Fuck that guy and his bitch ass company!

Quote:
I don't care what you want to smoke, who you want to poke. I don't care what you want to shoot or how many bullets you can have.
I just want people to mind their own business and leave me the fawk alone if I'm not fucking up thier shit.
89lc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2019, 06:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Slab King

Member # 775225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lc View Post
I had a similar experience, he still owes me $1300 ... didn't even fit the damn vehicle ... the box locked up when he went to test drive it ... After months of calling ... Josh's bitch ass ... never gave it back ... Fuck that guy and his bitch ass company!
And this, folks, in a nutshell, is what it's like to buy from AGR.

Hey at least Josh didn't pretend to be someone else on the phone with you...

I've heard so many stories like this of his boxes locking up or blowing seals and leaking out of the box or only turning one way... I almost feel lucky that in 4 months he never sent my parts!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 39281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsonJeep View Post
Am I allowed to give a heads up regarding super shady practices and service from AGR here?

If so I'll stick to the facts:

I ordered steering parts from them in February.
Was given a 2 week lead time and charged in full.

Never got any documentation, confirmation of the order, receipt, anything. All I have is a charge on my credit card statement.

Emailed them requesting a receipt, got no response.

Called and asked for a receipt or order confirmation, was told it would happen right away, it never did.

Called after a month to ask about when parts would ship (they were 2 weeks late at this point), was told they would ship "tomorrow".

Called a week later to ask about tracking, was told they didn't ship yet, would ship "tomorrow" and a shipping confirmation would go out as soon as they did.

Emailed a MONTH later looking for an update and got no reply.

Called and was told they didn't ship because the rams never showed up but they were expected in that day and the parts would ship "tomorrow".

Called 5 more times in the next 6 weeks and was told every single time the parts would ship "tomorrow".

Now, I may not be the quickest car in the race, but at this point (three months in) it was starting to become prettttttty clear that I was in danger of getting jerked around.

So I called again, told them I wanted to cancel the order for a refund.
"No problem, we'll get you that refund right away".

That over a month ago now.

I called three times since asking about the refund and it's always the same story: "Let me look into that and get back to you". They have never contacted me.

Never once was there an apology for the run around. Never once was there any acknowledgement that this order was mishandled in any way. Never once was any action taken in any way to either fulfill the order or the refund.

Just got off the phone with them, they're still pretending they have to look into it.

Here's the best part:
I think the owner, Josh, is pretending to be someone else on the phone!
I've spoken to him quite a few times at this point and we had a good 10 minute convo initially when I was spec'ing my parts. I recognize the same voice every time I call. Two weeks ago, when scrambling for an excuse, he said "Josh isn't here right now". But it was totally Josh. Today he said the same thing! Can't deal with CC orders because he's not authorized and only "Josh" can do it!
As if they haven't charged any new orders for 2+ weeks because the boss wasn't there LOL!
Then he tried telling me that we had never spoken on the phone before today! Lololol! We've spoken 10+ times......

Moral of the story is, Josh at AGR is either losing his grip on reality or he is a liar and a scammer.

Either way, buyer beware. I know AGR has made great parts in the past. I'm sad to see the brand get ruined by an incompetent and dishonest owner.

Since it's become clear to me that I wasn't getting my parts I've spoken with several other wheelers who have given me anecdotal stories to the effect that AGR is no longer trustworthy, the company has dwindled to one guy in a garage, all the good employees have left, etc. Just wish I'd asked around before letting them charge my card.

If anyone knows this guy or knows the story of AGR's current status as a functioning company please enlighten me.

If anyone else has been burned by Josh feel free to add to this post.

If you have RECENTLY (2019) had a good transaction with Josh and feel compelled to, feel free to temper my experience here.

Admins - if this post doesn't conform to policy, my apologies, delete if needed.
I know my transaction wasn't through Pirate but I feel like AGR is a big enough name that anyone looking for high performance steering parts will likely do business with them, and they should know what could happen if they do. Honestly, I wish I saw a post like this before losing my money to him.
Almost the exact same thing he did to me I placed my order the first of February, also was told me he had everything in stock would ship soon! I got about half of my $1800.00 order, Just one lie after another!
Old 07-04-2019, 04:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 190237
He has some pretty crappy reviews with the BBB as well, which may be from some of the above people. Good info though, as I was looking at buying some parts from him but will go elsewhere.
shooters_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 71603
Send a message via Yahoo to the78outlaw
This is really sad. I've personally bought a couple of their systems new, and still run them on my personal vehicles, and the product and service at the time of purchase was great. IIRC, that was when they were still in Florida though.

However, I'm glad I saw this. Just last week, I was referring them to one of my customer/friends. I'll be spreading the word from here on out. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Last edited by the78outlaw; 07-17-2019 at 07:43 AM.
the78outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 56696
I also got fucked by Josh after I was referred to him by a friend. Talked me into a complete system, charged me 1600 bucks and sent nothing. If my message was returned it was a bullshit excuse that I would have it by the weekend. Five weeks later I cancelled my order and ordered from a competitor. Had the nerve to tell me he was sorry I felt this way and offered a refund. When I asked how he would refund my money I never got a reply. Contested the charges and got my money back. Fuck that guy, he's a liar and a thief! Stay far, far away and spread the word of his dishonest ways!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 39281
His web site for steerco is gone.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 267321
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootalljp View Post
His web site for steerco is gone.
The website is just AGR now. I would stay far away from these guys. After being unable to send me a reservoir for 2+ months, I ended up just getting one from PSC. Of course they charged my card immediately after ordering, now I have been chasing them for a refund with numerous excuses over the last month. Tomorrow I will be doing a chargeback through my credit card company.
wellstig1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 63366
BBB, registered complaints... be careful...got a buddy going thru the same damn thing...charged instantly, no rebuilt box, says he never had contact with him, etc, etc... been months and no results...

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/fort-worth...106/complaints

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in