Ballistic Fabrication sucks! Crooks, liars, do not buy from! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Closed Thread

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 157585
Ballistic Fabrication sucks! Crooks, liars, do not buy from!

First I would like to start off this Slaying of ballistic fabrication by saying that I am not some kind of jack ass that doesnt take all the variables of the way the world works into consideration like shipping times, back orders, norman processing times ect. ect. I know what posting something like this can do to a business but these guys need to get there shit together or they should be banned from here!

The story goes like this. I ordered some shock tabs, two sticks of DOM tubing, weld in ends, and two tie rod ends. Not a huge order about $300 but if they treated me right there would have been much more to follow. When I placed the order I specifically asked the sales person if they had everything in stock? He told me they did and that it would all ship out that day. I was very happy because it I am working on a time sensitive project and was very important to have these parts asap. I am located in bay area CA and they are located in AZ should not take any longer than a few days or a week at the most! I also ordered parts from 3 other off road suppliers the same day all of which were farther away from me than ballistic. I thought it was kind of weird that everything else showed up and I still hadnt seen anything from ballistic?

I called them one week later to see if I could get a tracking mber and see whats up? They told me that my order had not been shipped yet because they didnt have the DOM tubing in stock. I instantly was pissed becaus I just spent the last week waiting for parts that never left. I asked why the sales person who took the order told me that everything was in stock and that it would ship out that day? He could not give me a answer? I then asked when he would expect the tubing in stock and he told me by the end of the week or possibly early next week! I told him that was rediculus and that I could not wait that long. I then asked him how they can be this huge off road supplier advertising how they have all this trick ass shit but yet dont have a couple of sticks of dom tubing in stock? Such bullshit I am located in CA and I can get my hands on DOM tubing at about 7 different places in a day or two! WTF?

I tried to calm myself down I was just going to try and make the best of it. I asked him if they could just ship out what they had in stock and cancel the DOM tubing. He then told me that he could but would have to charge me a 20% re stocking fee. I fucking hit the wall! How the hell can you charge a re stocking fee for something you havent even shipped out yet nor do you even have in stock? We went round and round on the phone and I basically told him that he just lost the complete order and that I wanted to be refunded all of my money! He then tried to give me all this B.S. about how long the refund process was going to take and reasons why it was going to take 2-3 weeks for me to get the money back in my account. I told him how full of shit he was. I told him I know that my bank takes a few days to process the refund but it is no where near 3 weeks! Theses people are just straight up crooks! I told him that i would be calling my bank the next day and that they would be able to tell me if the refund had been placed yet. Well I did end up getting my money back but I had to contact my bank and have them do a reversal on the charges and basically take the money back from those assholes!

What makes this story even better is that I noticed while all this was going on Ballistic fab had a huge listing in the vendor section for DOM tubing on sale. Boasting about how they can beat everyone elses prices and how they had all this DOM in stock Blah Blah Blah.

Do not buy from these guys! I would love to see them go belly up! Pirate 4x4 customers beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
72highboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 51984
In on page one... I predict this thread to get deleted or locked like the others.
250f4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 19015
Send a message via AIM to jays68yak Send a message via Yahoo to jays68yak
Next time Id hit up WFO or Ruff Stuff. Both way closer then ballistic....
jays68yak is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 73355
Yeah WFO in Auburn is the place to get stuff from. Great group of guys there. If you need something super quick from there send me a PM and I could grab it and meet you some where between here and there. I'm at WFO almost every morning. I can't say any thing about Balistic though as I have never ordered from them.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Disc brake guru

Member # 25927
One bad story after another.

Ok, so they made a mistake about not having it in stock. They should have called you the same day to see what you wanted to do.

How can you charge a restocking fee for something you didn't even have in stock?

A refund by credit card takes 3 days, not 3 weeks.

All this looks like financial problems. They don't have the money to buy the DOM or they would have in the next day or a week at the most if it was a really odd size and had to be ordered several states away. Then the refund problem is like they don't have the money to give it back to you.

Dana 70 kits $300 -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. . Sterling 10.25 kits $390 -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dana 60 front 3/4 ton kits $295-->
. .
GubNi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 23047
Yeah, I agree with GubNi, this sounds like a company using current order $$ to purchase last orders materials.

Too many of these kinds of posts about Ballistic. Sounds like a company going under. That's one ship I don't want to be a passenger on that's for sure.

WFO, RuffStuff, PartsMike get my orders and have never treated me with anything other than complete courtesy and respect. Whether I'm buying a shock tab, or $2000 in parts.

Sorry you had to go through this. Especially since you are on a time sensitive project. That really sucks...

Last edited by Fishwagon; 07-10-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Fishwagon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
KOH Newb

Member # 179952
Sounds like a management issue to me. When economic times are tough and a lot of guys can barely afford to buy stuff, this isn't how you keep what business there is to be had.
RenegadeSRT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 140945
sounds like a fucking broken record to me. how long until this thread is locked?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 103610
Send a message via AIM to jeep937
This is getting bad..
jeep937 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 51984
edit by cam...no it isn't. it is straight up cheesy pimping in a place it is not cool to do so

Thats customer service period!
250f4life is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 143863
This is absolutely not acceptable. This is the first I have heard of this. I want to apologize personally and will look into this.

We are committed to making our customers happy, we clearly failed here. I will gladly do everything in my power to make this right. Can you please pm me your name or order number? If you haven't already sourced this elsewhere I would /like to get this handled at no cost to you whatsoever.

Dave
BallisticDave is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 80653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticDave View Post
This is absolutely not acceptable. This is the first I have hears of this. I want to apologize personally and will look into this.

We are committed to making our customers happy, we clearly failed here. I will gladly do everything in my power to make this right. Can you please pm me your name or order number? If you haven't already sourced this elsewhere I would /like to get this handled at no cost to you whatsoever.

Dave
WOW way to step up
Ben
BenE is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
KOH Newb

Member # 179952
Dave does seem to step up when these threads pop up. I used to own a race shop, and in no way am I condoning any workers' actions, but i know how it feels to run around and put out employee fires. Sometimes it's tough to find good phone help in the automotive world.
RenegadeSRT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 157585
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticDave View Post
This is absolutely not acceptable. This is the first I have heard of this. I want to apologize personally and will look into this.

Dave

I allready purchased the stuff elsewhere. Your right about one thing that is absolutely not acceptable!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 157585
edit by camo... pimp from other vendor.

Thanks thats super cool man! I have what I need now but I will keep you in mind for future purchases!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 121473
You did the right thing by disputing the charge. After he called me out as a liar on the board (see "Ballistic Fab...thieves or liars? You Decide" thread), Dave admitted all to my cc company almost a month ago and still no refund from them. I am still working off a prov credit from my cc company. Keep in touch with your cc dispute person handling the case. You will be spending alot of time with him/her.
tx-skydiver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 47464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
WOW way to step up
Ben
He does step up when these threads come up but obviously he can't fix the problem if it keeps happening over and over again.

I'll never order from BF. Too many bad reports.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 142062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Maker View Post
If you are in a bad place and really need some today give me a call and I could meet you at the shop this morning, we have all sizes in stock. At the most we are 2 hours away depending on where in the Bay you are...
These guys here are by far the best company I have ever done buisiness with. I recommend them you anyone! I have never ordered anything from ballistic so I can't say anything bad about them but threads like this is why I have not ordered from them nor probably ever will.

edit: I live in Indiana and they are located in Cali. Anything that is sent out through USPS which is basically everything except really large items such as tubing I believe I always receive 2 days after placing my order. As far as their bigger stuff like the steering kits and panhard kits, both of which I have bought, take a little over a week to get here through ups.

Last edited by ddtoy90; 07-10-2011 at 06:58 PM.
ddtoy90 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenE View Post
WOW way to step up
Ben
Step up Lots of empty words. Find that thread where he fucked the guy over on the shocks, and told him to pound sand until Camo stepped in. If there is a thread where he got his monry back I can't find it.

My .02 is when Camo closed that thread Ballistic should have opened their checkbook and made it good the next day. That would have been stepping up to the plate. Vendors have been kicked off this board for a lot less complaints than I have read about Ballistic. Did Camo give them a date to settle that shock issue by? How much do they pay to get their very own forum? Does that make them untouchable, and unbandable?
ChiScouter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 140945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post
Step up Lots of empty words. Find that thread where he fucked the guy over on the shocks, and told him to pound sand until Camo stepped in. If there is a thread where he got his monry back I can't find it.

The quoted post below is the guy you're talking about.

My .02 is when Camo closed that thread Ballistic should have opened their checkbook and made it good the next day. That would have been stepping up to the plate. Vendors have been kicked off this board for a lot less complaints than I have read about Ballistic. Did Camo give them a date to settle that shock issue by? How much do they pay to get their very own forum? Does that make them untouchable, and unbandable?
I've wondered the same thing for a while now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-skydiver View Post
You did the right thing by disputing the charge. After he called me out as a liar on the board (see "Ballistic Fab...thieves or liars? You Decide" thread), Dave admitted all to my cc company almost a month ago and still no refund from them. I am still working off a prov credit from my cc company. Keep in touch with your cc dispute person handling the case. You will be spending alot of time with him/her.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 1956
From MY interaction with them on May 20 2009. What has been going on with Ballistic HAS been going on for YEARS!!! This was a reply when I complained about an order that I had to follow up on that I did not receive when I expected it to be here.. No, the order wasn't shipped nor did I get a notification for which MONTH I should look for it!

Okay

First off it has been 7 business days. 2ND you ordered online and it has no way of knowing timeline for shipping. 3rd if I could predict when someone would get the flu and back up my welding I would be a genius. We do not mean to hold up any ones project. 4Th with 3 to 4 hundred orders at any given time it is darn near impossible to call everyone when something is going to be late. If I did call everyone then we would not be able to answer the phone to take your call and have you yell at one of us. I am sure you never make mistakes so this is something you don’t have to deal with. We are sorry your order took 7 days to leave we have some others that are still from April and are patiently waiting because we have good prices and a good product. We can only do the best we can sorry its not good enough for you.

End Quote

It is VERY SAD to see that Ballistic STILL hasn't changed. Honestly, I do NOT wish ill will upon an American Company. I don't, but seriously, when is Ballistic going to straiten up! I emailed them YEARS ago about this VERY SAME problem that we, consumers of their products go through. It is just silly that they are apparently unable to get the right people to handle the procurement and shipment of their parts that they manufacture in house for the most part.

I sincerely wish I could purchase from them once again, but, as they BURNT me bad once years ago, I won't be made the fool the 2ND time.

So, if you all have had a good sales interaction with Ballistic, good for you, as I did have one, once in person that went excellent. It is just ordering and then receiving your parts via phone or Internet sales interaction is severely lacking.

Last edited by Shadow man; 07-10-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Shadow man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 190549
I've been reading thru the balistic fab bad review threads.. Im kinda worried.. Why didnt I read thru this stuff before I made an order. I have about $450 in 2 orders that are both backorded ( I ordered both online, as I have never had a problem ordering online from any other place)

Sent them an email (not worried at the time) asking if they could give me a timelne to ship both orders- website claims that they will reply back within 24 hours.. But that was 4 days ago

Last edited by michigantj; 07-10-2011 at 08:16 PM.
michigantj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 4510
Talk is Cheap

Wise Man Say- "When words and actions differ, believe actions".

I hate it when a vendor sincerely apologizes for a mistake but then doesn't put any $'s behind the apology to make up for what they put you through. Talk is cheap. Ship him the parts ASAP at no cost and that action will show true sincerity. Else, turn in your yellow star and go home.
ccj8008 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Piratenite

Member # 4
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72highboy View Post
these guys need to get there shit together or they should be banned from here!

!!!
I agree and have had a few recent phone conversations with dave and Jeff of ballistic.

while I do not agree with you that they are crooks as you state I do believe that they need to get the management of their business straightened out or they will be banned from Pirate4x4.

I am certainly not making excuses for them and am personally disappointed in how some pirate4x4 member orders have been handled.

I do know that they are working hard to reorganize and improve their business management and customer service. however they are on a definite time line with us and if these complaints continue they will be banned from Pirate4x4.

generally speaking, Jeff and dave are good guys, offer innovative products at a good value. for whatever reason their customer service has gone in the shitter and if while it HAS improved in recent months, they must do better. and fast. or like i said. they will be banned from Pirate4x4.

camo
camo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Piratenite

Member # 4
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post

they pay the same as the other vendors who have their own forum on Pirate4x4

No that does not make them untouchable.

if any thing we hold them to a higher standard.

we do not offer just any vendor a branded forum. we have a criteria and it is this.

1. offer innovative products
2. offer outstanding value.
3. provide superior customer service

we truly believe that the vendors we allow the privilege to have a branded forum on Pirate4x4 reflect on Pirate4x4 and by having a branded forum on Pirate4x4 with their name on it that it adds value to you the reader or member of Pirate4x4.

when Ballistics customer service started to go downhill I personally addressed the issue with them and asked for a detailed business plan on what how they intended to improve their company.

It is my opinion that they have been working hard to get their business back on track to providing superior customer service. if I thought otherwise they would be banned.

now, when a company is in the midst of reinventing themselves and changing the way they do things there are bound to be setbacks. this is clearly one of them. one that makes me rather upset to be honest about it.

1. no company should be telling a customer they have the product in stock and ready to ship unless it is true.

2. a 20% restocking fee to cancel a part that has not shipped and isn't even in stock after the salesperson has said it is available ? uum, gentleman we have a problem. this is not the level of customer service that I wish to allow companies to have a branded forum on Pirate4x4.com

So am I going to ban Ballistic over this fuck up ? no I am not. but it is not the direction we need to be headed to provide Superior customer service.
camo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in