05 2500 SAS, The Red Rocket - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 289786
For reference, I moved my steering box forward enough that the front mounting bolt is now the rear mounting bolt (so about 4" forward). My draglink is pretty straight with my tie rod now, and it's mounted high steer on top of the knuckle. My front axle is moved like 5" forward from stock, but I love the approach angle, and never have to worry about the firewall even if I ever step to 42"s (running 40" trail grapplers now mounted on H2s)
Old 04-27-2019, 12:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 260337
That helps, Iím thinking I will be around 6Ē forward from stock. RIP my front fenders lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #78 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 260337
Got the axle placed where I want it today. Roughly 5Ē forward from stock. The pitman arm is still pretty far forward from the axle but Iím going to run it I think. After staring at it for a while I made my lower links. This is going to be full bump. A 12Ē coilover is the plan with 6 up and 6 down.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 260337
I emailed Jacob at behemoth to check in on my order today. He replied quickly and said that my order will be shipping out on 05/16. At the time of my order on 04/17 he stated that orders ship 21 days after they are placed. After reading up on pirate and facebook about him I hope that I have not made a mistake. I was really wanting to have the strong box in my hands when I get back from work on the 15th. It's not a giant problem right now since I have plenty of other stuff to do on the truck. I am really hoping that things work out since he can solve the VSS issue and make the 271 work without major trouble.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 867816
Awesome looking wheels, tight fit!
Wish it was as easy to get decent wheels at an affordable price in Canada.
Lumberj4ck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #81 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 260337
I emailed Jacob from Behemoth once again this morning. He informed me that the shafts have been delayed and he will ship my order on 5/27. Iím loosing faith in this guy quickly. He did offer a refund, Iím not sure if he was being polite or if he wants out from under this order. As I stated before. I would like it to work out even if I have to wait and bother him about it.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 626234
A couple things: firstly; jacob from behemoth fucking sucks. I could post texts of him saying heís sending my order and apologizing 5 different times. Whatever.

For your roller wheels, simply flip it around. Thatís what I had to to for the front to clear the artec arms to roll my shitbox around.

Your lower links are close to the frame at full bump. Iím assuming the picture is with both sides at full bump. You definitely need to check the clearance with one wheel stuffed/ the other drooped. Iím fairly certain theyíll hit the frame due to the axle swinging.
Chuck-the-ripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2019, 02:30 AM   #83 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post
I emailed Jacob from Behemoth once again this morning. He informed me that the shafts have been delayed and he will ship my order on 5/27. Iím loosing faith in this guy quickly. He did offer a refund, Iím not sure if he was being polite or if he wants out from under this order. As I stated before. I would like it to work out even if I have to wait and bother him about it.

That sucks, but not surprising. Keep on him. This is where it starts to get pretty annoying with him. Good luck
Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 290826
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post

If you end up getting Behemoth'd and don't want to convert the case yourself, I'd recommend calling Transfer Case Express directly.

I had bought a 271F to start dissecting and converting for my Duramax, but an unexpected 263XHD related explosion severely compressed the timeline so I gave them a call. Called them at 10am on a Monday and the case had been built and shipped out by 5. Didn't charge me for a core since I told them I'd be returning one, accepted my 263xhd as a core, cheaper than Speedhouse was.

They don't list the 271C on their page, but they put me through to the tech who basically told me he'd build whatever I wanted if it was possible. 241/261/271 all share the same inputs iirc, so it shouldn't be a big deal to tell them to swap a 32 spline Chevy input in instead of a Allison 29 like the typically do.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:58 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 189068
sub'd good info here
zachwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in