6 vs 8 lug suspension on '94 Suburban - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 137430
6 vs 8 lug suspension on '94 Suburban

I recently acquired two 94 suburbans. Both are k2500 trucks with the 6.5TD. I currently daily/tow with a 2wd 94 also with a 6.5TD.

But I'm looking for an off the shelf lift kit for the K2500's and many places like BDS only list kits for the 6 bolt for that year. Why wouldn't one of those kits work on my 8 lug?

Other than spring rates for the heavier load capactity and the semi vs full floater rear I'm not 100% what else would be different. This will be a overland medium duty offroad setup so it won't be towing heavy.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 853758
The 4 K2500 and k3500 I have owned are all the same. I am with you thinking the k1500 would be very similar.

I think it depends on what is in the lift kit. Like you said rear spring rates are different. Torsion bars would be different. Upper control arms and spindles might have different angles. I would call the kit manufacturer and talk to them.

Last sugestion would be to look up the alignment specs for both trucks an see if they are the same.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
jagerbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 863230
The difference is whether the truck is 6 lug or 8 lug (2500 series trucks of that generation could be either depending on GVWR). 6 lugs use a 8.25" center section and 8 lugs use a 9.25" center section. The front suspension and bracketry is different between them and not easily interchangeable.....can't give you the specifics but know you can't unbolt stuff from an 8 lug truck and bolt it back into a 6 lug truck. Based on that I would have to assume the lift brackets are different.

Several companies make an 8-lug Suburban specific kit, and is probably the same as an 8-lug 2500 series pickup. If a company lists a lift kit for an 8 lug 2500 series pickup I would think it would work for an 8 lug 2500 series Suburban.
grayblazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in