eaton H072 - Page 53 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #1301 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
Get on with your bad self, lol
Things are moving to fast for waterhorse.
Gozuki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #1302 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 71446
Send a message via AIM to WHITE RHINO
Mine seems to still work after being abandoned for 7 years. I trussed it thinking I'd link it back then, so maybe I'll get around to actually doing that soon.

Section 8 Krawlers
Instagram: @whiterhino1
WHITE RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #1303 (permalink)

Member # 86524
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPF View Post
...[science stuff]...
Well said

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BigDusty; 02-13-2020 at 05:08 PM.
BigDusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 08:36 AM   #1304 (permalink)

Member # 877018
Hey all, I've got an open H072 that I want to put a locker in. I have seen references to original no-spins still being 'around', but these are all several years ago. The selection in yards up in Alberta is pretty poor, and I've all but given up on trying to hunt down an original no-spin. How many of you are successfully using 14b Detroit in the Eaton carrier, and what was all required to get it to work? I understand some need collars milled, others don't, axles need to be shortened (0.250"?) Just wanting to get an idea of what I'd be getting myself into before I sink $600 into a 14b Detroit.

Last edited by RB93; 03-12-2020 at 08:37 AM.
RB93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #1305 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB93 View Post
Hey all, I've got an open H072 that I want to put a locker in. I have seen references to original no-spins still being 'around', but these are all several years ago. The selection in yards up in Alberta is pretty poor, and I've all but given up on trying to hunt down an original no-spin. How many of you are successfully using 14b Detroit in the Eaton carrier, and what was all required to get it to work? I understand some need collars milled, others don't, axles need to be shortened (0.250"?) Just wanting to get an idea of what I'd be getting myself into before I sink $600 into a 14b Detroit.
If you run a Detroit, some people have to shorten the shafts .250. I run a 14B Detroit in my front H072 and it needed .120-.150 shims in the carrier which means it needs .060-.075 taken off each internal carrier to locker mating surface. I still need to do this

I run a no-spin in the rear but want to run an ARB. I have the ability to machine the ARB for the Eaton diff but still need to find a used RD114 to modify. I have a lead on a local RD114 - if I do find it, I will be selling my no-spin. edit: sent you a PM...

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:

Last edited by gtxracer; 03-12-2020 at 10:12 AM.
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #1306 (permalink)

Member # 877018
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
If you run a Detroit, some people have to shorten the shafts .250. I run a 14B Detroit in my front H072 and it needed .120-.150 shims in the carrier which means it needs .060-.075 taken off each internal carrier to locker mating surface. I still need to do this

I run a no-spin in the rear but want to run an ARB. I have the ability to machine the ARB for the Eaton diff but still need to find a used RD114 to modify. I have a lead on a local RD114 - if I do find it, I will be selling my no-spin. edit: sent you a PM...
Good to know, thanks, always nice to have some measurements to work with. That ARB in there would be sweet.
RB93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2020, 01:30 PM   #1307 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Who’s interested in Lube Locker gaskets for the H072? I am going to make a DXF of the bolt pattern for the third/cover and try to get them to make a small batch run. I just need to find a decent amount of people interested to sell a quantity of 20. I’ll buy up to 4-6 to make it happen but need some others that want to contribute.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche

Fab Parts:

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #1308 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 175478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
Whoís interested in Lube Locker gaskets for the H072? I am going to make a DXF of the bolt pattern for the third/cover and try to get them to make a small batch run. I just need to find a decent amount of people interested to sell a quantity of 20. Iíll buy up to 4-6 to make it happen but need some others that want to contribute.
Iím in, I think they will work much better then the silicone, Iíve hit my 3rd hard a few times and itís caused a slight leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in