Pirate 4x4 banner

Badlands KOH Qualifier

29K views 351 replies 85 participants last post by  whypave 
#1 ·
The Badlands KOH qualifier on October 2, 2011 is the main attraction of “Ultimate Motorsports Championship” (UMC.) UMC is a very large, one-day event where top racers are crowned champions in multiple types of motorsport events such as TREC, cross-country ATV/motorcycle, and motocross racing. After all races are complete, there will be fireworks and various festivities, so plan to stay for the party!

This KOH qualifier race is unique, it will follow the general TREC racing format which is adapted to The Badland’s Off Road ParkTM terrain (i.e., this race course WILL NOT utilize any of Badland’s rocks.) This race is defined as, “Foot-to-the-Floor, Fly through the Air, Avoid that Tree, and Keep it on at Least Two Wheels!” You will be racing at high-speeds through mud (not mud bogging but natural trail mud,) up and over steep hills, through tight wood sections, across jumps, and race at high speeds on desert-style terrain. This race will kick off early evening and should continue for about 4-5 hours.

KOH rules/regulations and technical inspections will be enforced, however, there will be event discretion due to the unique style of racing and the competitor base.

Now that all the other qualifiers are over, we are now opening registration for the Badlands KOH Qualifier race to be held October 2, 2010.

Click here for the application.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

See less See more
#258 · (Edited)
This is John from Just in Time Racing. Like BBA this was my first time behind the wheel. Usually manning the pits. Only way the weekend could have been better would've been driving my rig. Stak 4x4 is jacking us on our t-case so that didn't happen. Luckily I have a friend like Todd that is good enough and has the balls to offer up his buggy to a mad man. We threw rings and bearings in my old 307 on sat put it in and came racing. It started off crazy popped into 2wd at the start and the front brakes locked up till the first woods section had flames to the top of the tires before the calipers gave up and let loose. From there it was a blast till the end!!! Thanks to the Braniks and Bent and Twisted guys and everyone else who helped in the pits.

Mike pm your youtube user name and I'll send the t-case video
PS: pappa said since I qualified I could have the 366 from the school bus so I didn't have to run the 307 in the new buggy

#260 · (Edited)
#263 · (Edited)
If you were able to keep your speed up then you can do 2wd no problem, the only real difficult part is the deep loose sand in a couple parts of the track. There were 3 2wd vehicles in this last race I think the VW was the first one to fall out of the race but I believe that was due to broken motor mounts. I'm not sure if Kyle made a map of the course, I've never seen one.

#270 ·
Here are a few pics of the KOH cars that a friend of mine snagged over the jump....

She's got sequence shots of the jumps for most of these pics (4-6pics in a row). She's the "Down-N-Dirty" photography girl that's been to most of the races and does the youtube slideshow with pics and video... Said her slideshow should be up tomorrow night...

Attachments

#276 · (Edited)
Oct 2 badlands pics and vids

I got pics and vids at jump ,bowl and pits.Check them out on jeepuporshutup.com.On you tube search kjeepb Oct 2 KOHQ and TREC.On face book jeepuporshutup.com pics and some vids.

#285 ·
haha...you mean these?:laughing: Honking the horn as he went off made it that much better.

We thought we got video of this jump, but it turns out Rob had the lens closed on the camera.:shaking: If anyone out there has it, we would be willing to negotiate for a copy of it...

#284 ·
Ya know what I think we need...

Some TREC shirts. But I need ideas - I've got a friend that owns a trophy shop and can make 'em, but I don't want them to turn out cheesy. If the boss man ok's it I can probably front the cash but everyone who wants one will need to pay me back.

I thought it would be really cool if we could use an image or two from the KOH event on the shirt. How hard is it to change a photo to a graphic on a T shirt???

Attachments

#290 ·
Some TREC shirts. But I need ideas - I've got a friend that owns a trophy shop and can make 'em, but I don't want them to turn out cheesy. If the boss man ok's it I can probably front the cash but everyone who wants one will need to pay me back.

I thought it would be really cool if we could use an image or two from the KOH event on the shirt. How hard is it to change a photo to a graphic on a T shirt???
I think that is a great idea. Any money raised from selling TREC apparel could possibly go into the pot for the series points leader. Just a thought. I am sure other people other than competitors would buy them.

Josh

#288 · (Edited)
Yeah, we decided to hit the jump on the lap 6 when it was getting pretty dark. It would be awesome if someone got pic or video, but I'd be surprised since it was so late in the race. I do remember hearing the crowd hooting as we ripped by.

I won't mention that a few turns later I f'd up, bent a spring, blew a tire, and dropped us to 7th place. When we were changing the tire David in the C10 drove by and checked if we were good, which now looking at the standings is a real kick in the pants since he finished 2nd and was on the same lap as us.

Here's a pic of the Fat Pig from FFO at the end of lap 5.

#287 ·
#289 ·
yep, the old school grand waggy/cherokee. It was cool to see the new one too, I remember seeing you guys hit it too. Just really wanted to see the old school one since I own a J10, wanted to see one fly since mine weighs way too much to try something like that!

#291 ·
Kjeepb has video of the the Grand Cherokee flying through the air. Turned out to be a great video. I dont believe he got the grand wagoneer. I heard about the camera man mishaps.

After i took that jump he comes up and he goes i got it...Im not the official guy that cuts everything but that was awesome, you should make it in. Then the next morning i found out he didnt have it and i went ahhhh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.