THE Cal-Neva Extreme 2011 Season Thread - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #176 (permalink)

Member # 113275
is this a pet friendly place? leash of course. just wondering if we need a sitter
longiotti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #177 (permalink)

Member # 113275
oh one more thing. do we need fire suites?
I see so many videos with out them. whats up with that?
longiotti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #178 (permalink)

Member # 6576
Yes, pets are welcome, and yes, fire suits are required. single layer, one, or two piece.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #179 (permalink)

Member # 170897
Send a message via ICQ to InfamousMetalWorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by longiotti View Post
oh one more thing. do we need fire suites?
I see so many videos with out them. whats up with that?
Yes...fire suit required. fire retardant Pants and jacket OK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/COLOR]
Follow IMW on
[/COLOR] and
InfamousMetalWorks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #180 (permalink)

Member # 8937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roodle View Post
reno is prob. going to be a dust bowl too but hopefully you can get a little closer to the action
It shouldn't get too dusty. The wind doesn't usually blow through there very bad.

September 24-25, Wild West Motorsports Park, Reno, NV

#199/4499 - Superchips, Maxxis, Trail Gear, Branik Machine Shop, Yukon, JE Reel, Rugged Radios, Lifetime LED, Sway-a-way.

mudtruck44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #181 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 44308
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtruck44 View Post
It shouldn't get too dusty. The wind doesn't usually blow through there very bad.
And it's gonna rain/snow tonight/tomorrow, should help it a bit. Hopefully nice for the weekend.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #182 (permalink)

Member # 41725
All in DVD's

Relentless Motorsports will also have all in dvd at camp and atx pit area on the mountain for all. What does lead on right foot mean.
Just for fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #183 (permalink)

Member # 116105
If the weather guessers are right, should be a decent weekend.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #184 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 25661
speaking of weather... What do you locals think its gonna be like? Will the throne be covered in snow, or will it be clear for some rock crawlin this weekend?

Me & another Canadian buddy are thinking of making the 900 mile (each way) trek down in his car to checkout the season opener and support our fellow canucks. But don't worry, we'll laugh just as hard as you when Rich (CanadianZuk CrawlinBC) rolls on every course again

Long way to drive just to watch a rock crawl in the snow... So we might hit up round 2 instead We'll be leaving tomorrow morning(ish) if we do go.

Also what would you guys recommend for the roads there? We usually take the I-5 grants pass and cut over 89 through Shasta to Reno, but with all the nasty weather would another route be better? (cut over to 97 from Eugene Or, to 139 etc...?)
What are good websites for highway cams and road reports etc?

Hope to see ya'll there

'80 Toy - Longs, duals w/ D300, welded F&R w/ hydro assist, beadlocked & grooved 36" SX's
Big_Ern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #185 (permalink)

Member # 132116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post
speaking of weather... What do you locals think its gonna be like? Will the throne be covered in snow, or will it be clear for some rock crawlin this weekend?

Me & another Canadian buddy are thinking of making the 900 mile (each way) trek down in his car to checkout the season opener and support our fellow canucks. But don't worry, we'll laugh just as hard as you when Rich (CanadianZuk CrawlinBC) rolls on every course again

Long way to drive just to watch a rock crawl in the snow... So we might hit up round 2 instead We'll be leaving tomorrow morning(ish) if we do go.:
There will NOT be any snow at the comp site. All snow gets dumped at the last two comp sites (Donner Ski Ranch). Reno is high dessert. Any rain before the comp just makes sure there will be no dust. I have no idea what you will hit on the road to here. But I thought you were Canadian. Donít you all live in igloos?
Mtn Valley Homes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #186 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 25661
I realize Reno is high desert but I was there mid december and you got a bunch of snow. My flight home almost got canceled.

The weather to watch in isn't a problem because you're right, once you hit the canada border there's a wall of snow and igloo's everywhere I just no fom experience at home that buggies on stickies can't even keep up with the sled dogs. Last time out we brought my buddies sled dogs out to tow the buggies home when they all got stuck in the snow Snow on the throne wouldn't make for an exciting comp to watch so we'll wait for round 2 instead. We do wanna catch at least one of the 2 Reno events though

'80 Toy - Longs, duals w/ D300, welded F&R w/ hydro assist, beadlocked & grooved 36" SX's
Old 04-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #187 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 25661
We heard there is gonna be 14 inches of snow on the drive there too. We'd take the sleds and wouldn't have a problem but dontcha know them dogs are only good for a max 250km a day (that's 150mi for you yanks) and we've got almost 900miles to get there

Last edited by Big_Ern; 04-06-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #188 (permalink)

Member # 132116
They're revoking your Canadian MAN CARD for that post. I've got 25' walls of snow lining my driveway and I still make it to work six days a week 60 miles away (that's a shitload of kilometers to you). But I guess that's why Canada is... well Canada.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #189 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Ern View Post
I realize Reno is high desert but I was there mid december and you got a bunch of snow. My flight home almost got canceled.

The weather to watch in isn't a problem because you're right, once you hit the canada border there's a wall of snow and igloo's everywhere I just no fom experience at home that buggies on stickies can't even keep up with the sled dogs. Last time out we brought my buddies sled dogs out to tow the buggies home when they all got stuck in the snow Snow on the throne wouldn't make for an exciting comp to watch so we'll wait for round 2 instead. We do wanna catch at least one of the 2 Reno events though
Dont worry...wait 30 days and you can see a comp again at the same place....

Weather looks like this!!!
http://local.msn.com/weather.aspx?q=Reno- NV&eid=27580&zip=89502#fivedayforecast
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #190 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 25661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Valley Homes View Post
They're revoking your Canadian MAN CARD for that post. I've got 25' walls of snow lining my driveway and I still make it to work six days a week 60 miles away (that's a shitload of kilometers to you). But I guess that's why Canada is... well Canada.
But you see, Winter in Canada is Over, eh.
We've already put our sleds to sleep for the spring/summer... We were just gonna rip down in buddies small car (quick & cheap on gas), which isn't too good in much snow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Dont worry...wait 30 days and you can see a comp again at the same place....

Weather looks like this!!!
http://local.msn.com/weather.aspx?q=Reno- NV&eid=27580&zip=89502#fivedayforecast
yeah. we're leaning towards skipping this one and checking it out next month instead

Old 04-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #191 (permalink)

Member # 132116
We'll be glad to see you next month. Even if you do wuss out this time.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #192 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 25661
Yah, its a long way to drive for a weekend when the weather at home is nicer to go wheeling instead of just watching you fawkers

Old 04-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #193 (permalink)

Member # 132116
So why are you wheeling up there & not competing down here?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #194 (permalink)

Member # 6576
There will be no snow at the event site, but yes, you will see some on the drive down. But even then, I doubt you will see any on the road, just off to the sides. If you want, you can pull over, and give your buddy a lay down hug in the snow.... it will feel like home

As far as traffic cams, check out http://tripcheck.com/Pages/RCmap.asp...RoadConditions for oregon, and http://video.dot.ca.gov/ for california. They both have good traffic cams that will give you an idea of the road conditions.

Fuckin canadians..... I can hear your accent when I read your post... and I am still trying to grasp the fact that you guys have the internet up there now... Must be a damn fancy igloo

Last edited by 1uglyranger; 04-07-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #195 (permalink)

Member # 8937
There are many times where the forecast here calls for snow and it snows for an hour then 2 hours later its gone and the ground is dry. I'd be shocked if there is even a trace of snow Saturday morning.

#199/4499 - Superchips, Maxxis, Trail Gear, Branik Machine Shop, Yukon, JE Reel, Rugged Radios, Lifetime LED, Sway-a-way.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #196 (permalink)
ProMod #22

Member # 97376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtruck44 View Post
Let me know. I don't have time to "prep" it but the last time I drove it it went up Backdoor so you should be good to go.
got the LQ9 running last night so I'm good to go! plus I know the willys can win so if I didnt I would never hear the end of it

thanks again for the offer though Jesse, really cool of you.

and thanks to lil Rich, he offered up his buggy as well. I was kinda looking forward to getting a little revenage on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukjunkie13 View Post
whats wrong with yours??
I locked it up on the second course on sunday, I guess the problem was after driving on the side with no oil pressure for 90 secs (according to the gopro) I failed to start it once we flipped it up right, instead we had to repair the steering (ripped the ram mount off the housing) so it was a solid hour until I tryed to start it. According to a couple people if I had started it right way, like we normally would, it would have been fine, we failed by letting it cool down with no oil on anything. It was weird since it never made any noises, hell the valves never even started to get loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roodle View Post
That's why we didn't go, and we really dislike the Tucson site its a windy dust bowl and not spectator friendly at all.
they allowed the sectators into the bowl this year so it was like a normal event with spectators right on the course, the wind did bring the suck again though!

2012 W.E.ROCK National Champions
2013 W.E.ROCK Western Series Champions

4522 Trail-Gear F-Toy

95rokrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #197 (permalink)

Member # 1291
Snowed at the site here for the last 2 hours stopped 20min ago can't even see a trace. Not even concerned.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #198 (permalink)

Member # 8937
Forecast is still looking good. No snow on the ground in Reno. It snowed a little earlier, but the ground is not even wet now.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #199 (permalink)

Member # 116105
That was funny earlier when it monsoon snowed for 20 minutes and 5 minutes later it was dry as a bone on the deck.

Looks like it will be a decent weekend. Probably be good with a hoody during the day.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #200 (permalink)

Member # 6576
How cold is it getting at night? I'm bringin the boy, and need to plan accordingly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in