I'm Pissed off about the back up on Outer Limits - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #201 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 28821
Send a message via Skype™ to desertfabmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuggy View Post
Hey now, go easy on the UT guys since they devoted time to pitting for that guy that almost lapped you twice in the Black IFS car.

I dont ever remember being lapped by anyone....but I am old

This is not entirely true. Remember when 14 year old Wayland Campbell placed ahead of you at his 1st ever rock crawling event?

moonbuggie vs 4400 car???? did not see you competing

True
Some people were born with natural talents. Others were not.
Todd

Last edited by desertfabmotorsports; 02-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.
desertfabmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #202 (permalink)

Member # 41
This is just a suggestion for next years race. Since it is a lap event, why not start half the field on lap one and the other half on lap two to help prevent some of the traffic? Or have three laps so the leaders race the final lap together? Tons of options.
82FB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #203 (permalink)
Tech Editor

Member # 1656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabNasty View Post
John your a pussy for not winching that guy out of the way on OL. I was right behind you and my spotter pulled my cable at a 90 degree angle around your rig to winch him maybe 6 inches. Your the reason the traffic jams dont get cleared any faster. Shit right after that there was a guy rolled over in the dessert and everyone else was just blowing past him. Guess what we stopped and pulled him back over. If you cant spend 1 minute helping someone else out your a fucking pussy.
That was my call not john's and I did what I did for three reasons
1. The sub-frame was hooked on the rock I didn't think we could pull him back.
2. He needed to go forward and thats what the recovery crew was trying to do.
3. Our winch was questionable and I wasn't about to blow it up on what to me look hopeless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

camo is my hero, even if he is gay

Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #204 (permalink)
* The Printer *

Member # 6532
Send a message via AIM to lttlbddy Send a message via Yahoo to lttlbddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82FB View Post
This is just a suggestion for next years race. Since it is a lap event, why not start half the field on lap one and the other half on lap two to help prevent some of the traffic? Or have three laps so the leaders race the final lap together? Tons of options.
lttlbddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #205 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82FB View Post
Or go back to single file starts?

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #206 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
is this thread still going on?

OMG i thought i already made it clear: the race only had 1 problem this year and it wasn't john james, dave or jeff, or buggy builds, it is that half the drivers suck at driving and shouldn't be in the race. if you know that's you, then you should take yourself out of rock sport and go hiking.

i think the field of cars should be smaller and get rid of the guys who can't drive. you know who you are!
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #207 (permalink)

Member # 8507
Send a message via Yahoo to SCRAMBLR
I think this thread is funny shit, It def. brings the drama for next year. As far as saying half the pack couldn't drive I call bullshit. I was watching on Pirate tv like alot of east coasters and I will tell you for certain that I saw alot of great rock crawlers, champions and top 5 guys make some major mistakes in the rocks. I would never say they can't drive. I would say they had a bad day made a bad choice or let the race get to them mentally. Alot of the other problem on the rocks is everyone has changed there rig so much to go faster in the desert that those rigs no longer kick ass on the rocks also greater tire pressures and tires aimed more at desert then rocks. If you don't like where you start don't go to the race wait till the next year to see if you like your chances better.
AdventureWorks Motorsports Pro-Mod #818
Would like to thank there sponsors,

AW Motorsports on facebook-
SCRAMBLR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #208 (permalink)
Always Late

Member # 89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabNasty View Post
John your a pussy for not winching that guy out of the way on OL. I was right behind you and my spotter pulled my cable at a 90 degree angle around your rig to winch him maybe 6 inches. Your the reason the traffic jams dont get cleared any faster. Shit right after that there was a guy rolled over in the dessert and everyone else was just blowing past him. Guess what we stopped and pulled him back over. If you cant spend 1 minute helping someone else out your a fucking pussy.

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2b View Post

OMG i thought i already made it clear: the race only had 1 problem this year and it wasn't john james, dave or jeff, or buggy builds, it is that half the drivers suck at driving and shouldn't be in the race. if you know that's you, then you should take yourself out of rock sport and go hiking.

i think the field of cars should be smaller and get rid of the guys who can't drive. you know who you are!

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.
ToolBox Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #209 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAMBLR View Post
I was watching on Pirate tv like alot of east coasters and I will tell you for certain that I saw alot of great rock crawlers, champions and top 5 guys make some major mistakes in the rocks.

good point. let me elaborate on what a good KOH driver is. when a mistake is made, a good driver gets their junk out of the way and help the flow of the race. when they try an obstacacle for more than a minute, they get out and winch or let others by. not sit and flail on the obstacle like a beached whale till they brake. being a good driver is about common sense, not never making mistakes and never getting diffed. its what you do after you make that mistake that makes you a good driver.

Last edited by a2b; 02-18-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #210 (permalink)

Member # 70820
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Never happen. And even if it did, the same bitching, arguments, and sniveling would happen from the guys furthest away from the middle because the luck of the draw gave them a huge PERCEIVED disadvantage.
Nope, that won't ever happen either. Dave and Jeff are nothing if not true to the root premise of what KOH is.
There's always room for another promoter to start a race. Step it up.

i was not trying to talk shit, just stating what i would like to see, if i had half a clue as to where to start i would love to host an event, but right now ill just tell others how i think they could improve on theres.
83toyota81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #211 (permalink)

Member # 101680
Send a message via MSN to napsta
Out of interest Hobie, do you think you could qualify for the race through the current qualifiers?
I guess the majority of the drivers have qualified their way in. Should it be tougher to keep people out???
napsta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #212 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:

Welcome to semi pro motorsports.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #213 (permalink)

Member # 51580
Quote:

I said this in another thread and was told I was a moron. Just because you are racing in KOH does not mean you can ACTUALLY drive.
MILLER RACING #26

3-time Dirt Riot Modified/Unlimited Trail Class National Champion

ADS SHOCKS * ARTEC INDUSTRIES * SOUTHWEST FASTENER * HOWE PERFORMANCE * RUGGED RADIOS * JM RIGGING SUPPLY * SDHQ * BLACK N BLUE RACING * RIGID INDUSTRIES * RACELINE WHEELS * FLY-N-HI * CAMPBELL ENTERPRISES
theydontstop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #214 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 28836
First off, I don't race, can't afford it. I would if I could. My opinion is just that, an opinion, thought... I love KOH and really want to see another one so here goes.
I like the idea of starting two different fields but don't think that keeping track of all the cars would go well.
As for getting drivers out of the race that cannot drive, I don't think the spectators or promoter would want that. Less income, less of a specticle.
As far as who is responsible for the log jam, the course designer. They knew it would happen. It will always happen with this type of format. The format is the draw of KOH, love it or leave it.
As far as safety, if the BLM doesn't like it they will shut it down. This will be the promoters problem.
If there are drivers that don't like being driven over, talk to the promoter. Maybe a rule that if you drive over another car then you pay for the damage to said car...
The drivers and promoter need to sit down and air it out. That is the only way KOH will survive and evolve.
Again, I love KOH and would love to race in it. But until I hit it rich I will have to watch it through the eyes of the racers. Sit down and talk it out. Come to a compromise on safety, win at all cost mentality, and race format between the racers and the promoter.
moonshadowmetals is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #215 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 28821
Quote:

Are you kidding!!! There are drivers from other parts of the country that dont have rocks like this to drive on.... Who are you to say someone can't Drive? Not everyone is a rock god like you Hobie.
Most of the field has to qualify for KOH in different events and not all have rock trails like KOH.. Yes there are drivers better in the rocks just like there are drivers better in the Desert Sections.... But to say they don't belong at KOH because they got stuck or broke in the rocks is a bit harsh..
Todd
Old 02-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #216 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 2092
Quote:
good point. Let me elaborate on what a good koh driver is. When a mistake is made, a good driver gets their junk out of the way and help the flow of the race. When they try an obstacacle for more than a minute, they get out and winch or let others by. Not sit and flail on the obstacle like a beached whale till they brake. Being a good driver is about common sense, not never making mistakes and never getting diffed. Its what you do after you make that mistake that makes you a good driver.
this!

Alpha Base in the quest for fullsize GM offroad world domination.
6 years of KOH/U4 racing
10 Ultimate Adventures
Official Canoeligan
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #217 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
Quote:
good point. let me elaborate on what a good KOH driver is. when a mistake is made, a good driver gets their junk out of the way and help the flow of the race. when they try an obstacacle for more than a minute, they get out and winch or let others by.
Hobie I think you were right behind us on Sunbonnet last year when one of the Lovells was having a hard time on a ledge. He gave it a few shots then backed off and let us play through.

That was a big time class act move and I made a point of finding him after the race and thanking him for that.
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #218 (permalink)

Member # 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by theydontstop View Post
I said this in another thread and was told I was a moron. Just because you are racing in KOH does not mean you can ACTUALLY drive.
You are... but you have a point too
Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #219 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by napsta View Post
Out of interest Hobie, do you think you could qualify for the race through the current qualifiers?
I guess the majority of the drivers have qualified their way in. Should it be tougher to keep people out???
yes i could qualify. though it will be tougher to qualify as more and more rigs are getting more and more capable in the rocks and the desert.

years ago, it was invite only for the first 2 years. my rock crawling championships got me on the list.

but its not about qualifying. if you notice, the underlining message is common sense. if you are messing around on an obstacle for 10 minutes holding people up, you should self examine what's going on? if your rig is broke, then you should be already winching. i saw people trying to make lines with broken rear lockers and holding people up. if you have a great buggy but you get hung up on everything, then you should be embarrassed and take yourself out of the race and go to dustin's school or rockcrawling.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #220 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfabmotorsports View Post
Are you kidding!!! There are drivers from other parts of the country that dont have rocks like this to drive on.... Who are you to say someone can't Drive? Not everyone is a rock god like you Hobie.
Most of the field has to qualify for KOH in different events and not all have rock trails like KOH.. Yes there are drivers better in the rocks just like there are drivers better in the Desert Sections.... But to say they don't belong at KOH because they got stuck or broke in the rocks is a bit harsh..
hahaha. i never stated who the persons were that can't drive. i figure if you get offended by that, then its you

like i stated earlier, its not about being broke or making a mistake, its what you do after it. see my post from a few post ago.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #221 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog View Post
Hobie I think you were right behind us on Sunbonnet last year when one of the Lovells was having a hard time on a ledge. He gave it a few shots then backed off and let us play through.

That was a big time class act move and I made a point of finding him after the race and thanking him for that.
exactly, it was amsoil car, i am not sure who was driving. we were going up sun bonnet at a pinch rock and there was no way around. after 1 or 2 minutes, the amsiol car that couldnt make the climb, kept his cool, didnt brake his rig and just backed off to figure out what to do next and let us go by. he probably got his winch out, but i didnt stick around to find out
Old 02-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #222 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 28821
Quote:
hahaha. i never stated who the persons were that can't drive. i figure if you get offended by that, then its you

like i stated earlier, its not about being broke or making a mistake, its what you do after it. see my post from a few post ago.
Never said you did>> You did say half the field..

I never said I could drive.... but I have finished the 2 KOH mains I have Raced in.... even qualified for next year
I think every racer that qualified for KOH deservers to be there!!!

Hobie I do understand what you are trying to say though...
Todd

Last edited by desertfabmotorsports; 02-18-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #223 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
Quote:
There are drivers from other parts of the country that dont have rocks like this to drive on.....
Not bashing anyone here with the following statement, "I say this with all due respect"

We came across across a couple rigs on Jack that had what looked like 42s, rear steer and big ass motors just flailing and getting hung on EVERYTHING. My co-driver and I were discussing this very thing while passing, lack of experience in the rocks most likely due to where they came out from. It was painfully obvious that they were trying to go around the big rocks instead of picking a line that would have them on top of the big rocks.
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #224 (permalink)

Member # 26839
Quote:

Agree! As a spectator I saw tons of drivers and co drivers making wrong decisions, taking bad lines... Talking with alot of other spectators out there, they all felt the same way this year more than past years.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not a racer and might get caught up in the moment when the green flag drops. Just saying that you could tell who was more serious than others. Shit happens to everyone though!
LS 1,TH350,205 TWIN STICK
4 LINKED, FULL HYDRO
KING COILS FRONT
KING AIR REAR
42" IROKS
BEADLOCK SPECIALTY 17'S
MARTYBILT TUBE FENDERS

My 24 seconds of fame

root beer cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #225 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
Quote:
Never said you did>> You did say half the field..

we should make list of disqualifications for KOH, like "you might be a redneck" jokes.

i'll start:

if you can't crawl the waterfall on after shock; "you might be a terrbile KOH driver"

or

if you flailed around on the right line at the top of OL in 2011 for 20 minutes before you winched; "you might be a terrbile KOH driver"

or

if your co driver is out spotting you up the access road to OL; "you might be a terrbile KOH driver"

or

if you tried to CRAWL backdoor for 10 minutes with a broken rear locker; "you might be a terrbile KOH driver"

Last edited by a2b; 02-18-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in