KOH Stock and Modified Class Pre-Entry available online now - Page 14 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #326 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
I volunteered the last few years, and was out there Tues thru Sat. I always saw it as a chance to see people I hadn't seen in a while and do some wheeling, as well as volunteer for the race and be able to help out. I don't think I've gotten back to main camp until 8 or 9 pm the last two years, but always had fun out there. Basically, I think most of the people that volunteer are the same - not just local yokels cruising out for the day to help out...

And as far as the Hummer goes, I'm assuming it got a break on the 37" tire rule, but it's not exempt from all the other stock class rules. 20+ inches of travel? Right...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
desertPOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #327 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 80862
I have volunteered and know how much work it is. The more I think about the race being on Sunday the more I like it. With the race on Sunday I think you are going to see a shit ton of people out there. I've been to every KOH but the OG13 and it's always been hard to get out there on a weekday.

In the past the vender tent and racers are either not set up or are gone when the weekend rolls around. Fans can come on Sunday and watch the race, see all U4 cars and visit the vender tent. Should be a win win for all of us.
This is the first time I've ever raced and having people there to watch is going to make it an even better experience. I can't wait to get out there!!!

Mike Johnson #43 7 time EMC KOH finisher, 6 top 5's
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #328 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4fun_inca View Post
Im whining about a 20"+ travel, maybe 800-1000hp/ 1000'/lbs tq desert racing monster on 37" tires in the STOCK class. And ur whining about a Sunday over a Monday race day? Wtf? Lol
I'm not whining about anything and you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

JeepRecoveryTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #329 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I was already sure it was "official" but was more curious about the real "why." My family will be happy they don't have to take a day off, but they would have done it anyways and not complained. If spectator draw was really a concern, wouldn't it make more sense for the main race to be on a Saturday? In the end it doesn't matter, I'll be there; but may end up with a shorter overall trip... which could save me money. This could also just be the difference from choosing to spend a week in the desert as a spectator for the last three years and now racing this year... may just be too much to do both.
I changed the date for a couple different reasons.

Our volunteers, specifically the Extreme Wheelers for Christ who will be the ones dragging your broken vehicles back to camp live local and work for a living. They typically roll into camp on Thursday afternoon. They can support this race without taking another day off work.

The same thing goes for your family and fans. This race isn't going to draw 10k people. But 2000 is way better than 200.

The majority of the main race particpants arrive and setup on Sunday. Monday is there main day to pre-run. You guys racing on Monday through that schedule out the window.

I am anticipating several Mod class racers wanting to enter in the LCQ if they don't win on Sunday. That gives them Monday to get ready for that race. If there are any spots left. Capping it at 70.

I don't hold the main race on Saturday because I don't want or need a single extra person out there.

Anyone that has a concern or question, give me a call. Dave 909 366 8066

Old 10-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #330 (permalink)

Member # 101680
Send a message via MSN to napsta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRea View Post
hell, for a very long time the only thing I got for all my "volunteer" hours was a "thanks for the hard work" by the competitors in a trophy acceptance speech or a pat on the back on my way back to my rental car.
Turns out even patting you on the back is not a good idea, shoulder surgery and all...
napsta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #331 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Quote:
Like I said on the last page, it's only one day but that one day pushes even local teams into the previous week if they want to pre-run. My complaints are minor compared to anyone further than 11 hrs away. Maybe hammerking is juggling too much at this one event?
There is no pre-running the previous week.

The course is not being released until Friday. The same day it would have been if you were racing on Monday. There is no point on being there earlier than that.

It doesn't change a single thing about your schedule.

As I said in the previous post, the changes were made to improve safety, logistics, operational efficiencies, and attendance.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #332 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by napsta View Post
Turns out even patting you on the back is not a good idea, shoulder surgery and all...
You're a funny guy

Your Source for: CNC Cutting & Engraving, Cages, Custom Suspension, Complete Vehicle Builds, and more!

Co-Dog #4432-KOH 2011 #88-KOH 2010, Crew Chief - KOH 2009, 2008
StinkBug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #333 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRecoveryTeam View Post
There is no pre-running the previous week.

The course is not being released until Friday. The same day it would have been if you were racing on Monday. There is no point on being there earlier than that.
I understand that there will most likely be people setting up course markers, etc. the week previous to the race. Are we not ALLOWED to prerun the week before, or are you just saying we can't prerun the actual course because it won't be released yet? I was planning on being out there to dial in the rig and get some miles on the rig. If the course is released Fri, does that mean we can prerun Fri and Sat? Thx,

desertPOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #334 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertPOS View Post
I understand that there will most likely be people setting up course markers, etc. the week previous to the race. Are we not ALLOWED to prerun the week before, or are you just saying we can't prerun the actual course because it won't be released yet? I was planning on being out there to dial in the rig and get some miles on the rig. If the course is released Fri, does that mean we can prerun Fri and Sat? Thx,
Pre-Running opens on Friday.

Course wont be marked till Thursday.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #335 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertPOS View Post
Tech is Saturday, I'll have to read up on who exactly has to be with the car at tech
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #336 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 122053
Man, this is going to be a blast! I can't wait.

On a related note, as we get closer to time (and pay the final entry fees, etc...) will there be a race packet of information sent out to each registrant that includes the schedule, our assigned race number, and other details or do we just need to pick it all up from various web resources such as here and Ultra4's website?

Thanks all. (watched Valley of the Kings again last night... arrrrrgggggg! LOL)
#4511 LetzRoll Offroad Racing

/
/

Back to Back Dirt Riot Endurance Racing 4500 class National Champion 2012 & 2013 // AZ Undertaker
alanzona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #337 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Quote:
Tech is Saturday, I'll have to read up on who exactly has to be with the car at tech
When you fill out your registration packets (next week or so), you will indicate your top 3 preferred tech times. We will have 4 cars scheduled per hour between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Friday and Saturday.

So tech will at most take 60 minutes out of your schedule and you get to choose when you do it. First come first serve.

Dave

Old 10-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #338 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 122053
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRecoveryTeam View Post
When you fill out your registration packets (next week or so), you will indicate your top 3 preferred tech times. We will have 4 cars scheduled per hour between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Friday and Saturday.

So tech will at most take 60 minutes out of your schedule and you get to choose when you do it. First come first serve.

Dave
That's kick ass. What kind of beer does Chris drink?

/
/

Back to Back Dirt Riot Endurance Racing 4500 class National Champion 2012 & 2013 // AZ Undertaker
Old 10-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #339 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzona View Post
That's kick ass. What kind of beer does Chris drink?

That is awesome! After seeing the uber long tech line for three years, that's what I was expecting. Hopefully Chris likes Sierra Nevada
Old 10-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #340 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 122053
Quote:
That is awesome! After seeing the uber long tech line for three years, that's what I was expecting. Hopefully Chris likes Sierra Nevada
If he doesn't, I do. We can drink them in his honor....

/
/

Old 10-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #341 (permalink)

Member # 7233
New can line should be up and running, to keep the blm happy
Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #342 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 187290
As some of you saw in today's Ultra4 Newsletter, we are issuing 4500 numbers for the Rubicon Express Mod class and 4600 numbers for the Pro Comp stock class.

Please email [email protected] with your top 3 choices for numbers. I am asking for top 3 as I've received 4 emails today all requesting the same number.

The following numbers have already been given out.

Alan Johnson 4511
Mitch Funk 4515
Kevin Sacalas 4535
DJ Harmon 4538
Shane Christofferson 4545
James Plant 4564
Jordan Townsend 4580
Larry McRae 4581
Mike Johnson 4588
Larry Trim 4599

Aaron Sykes 4622
Richard Williams 4664
Cody Addington 4680
John Currie 4688

These are the only numbers I have given out to date. If you don't see your name/number here, please contact me ASAP. I will try to update this on a somewhat regular basis so people know what numbers are still available.

I am asking for your top 3 choices as I have already given out 3 numbers since I started typing this post.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ultra4; 10-14-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Ultra4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #343 (permalink)
StinkyFab Racing

Member # 4946
Yeah looks like dave got the wording backwards on his post. the #s look right according to the newsletter.

Your Source for: CNC Cutting & Engraving, Cages, Custom Suspension, Complete Vehicle Builds, and more!

Co-Dog #4432-KOH 2011 #88-KOH 2010, Crew Chief - KOH 2009, 2008
StinkBug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #344 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkBug View Post
Yeah looks like dave got the wording backwards on his post. the #s look right according to the newsletter.
Ultra4 is Shannon's log in... but she's on it.

d

Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #345 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 187290
That was a typo on my end. I apologize.

It is the 4500 Rubicon Express Modified Class and the 4600 Pro Comp Stock Class. Dave's original post and newsletter have it correct as does my above post now.

Thank you.

Ultra4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #346 (permalink)

Member # 147317
Sent ya an e-mail....

Thanx

Bear
Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #347 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 26098
Send a message via Yahoo to jeaton
Request sent...thanks

Jeremy

Thanks to my sponsors

jeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #348 (permalink)

Member # 121858
please update list 4513 was the first number request that dave got
thanks
Bulldog Winch,King Shocks, Powertank, Savvy Offroad, Lucas Oil, A Little 4x4 Co, Rugged Radio,
dedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #349 (permalink)

Member # 105784
Got my number. Once again dave and the crew putting this race on thank you. This is going to be a great time and race. Also Sunday does work out better for every one. Now I need to get working.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #350 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 80862
#4588 Go Jr!!!

Now all I need is something to race.

Mike Johnson #43 7 time EMC KOH finisher, 6 top 5's
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in