IBEX DIY chassis kits by GOAT BUILT - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Complete Vehicles For Sale
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #201 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 165621
Work of art! AWESOME!
Ryanclimbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #202 (permalink)

Member # 116110
IBEX DIY chassis kits by GOAT BUILT

Saw this wheeling this past weekend. It was badass!
o2dac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #203 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 116076
Good Stuff

I am stoked to see a quality DIY Buggy kit like this and it just keeps gettin better! This makes it possible for a guy like me with limited skills and tools to build there own buggy someday. A IBEX 4 seater maybe my family crawler in the future. Thanks!
Jeremiah 30:17
rustybottoms88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #204 (permalink)

Member # 138810
Next batch

Just got a email from drew lasts night that he just recieved the next batch of laser cut tubes for the chassis one of them being mine. Let me tell you guys drew has been great to work with fast response to emails and nothing but help full with all questions thanks again Drew . I think Drew should post up some pics of the goodies what do you guys think.
azxj1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #205 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
I'm heading to the U4 race at Superlift ORV park this weekend, I'll have chassis on display in the vendor area, come check it out and take one home!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GOAT1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #206 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Any pics from your rock bouncing extravaganza in Tennessee? Will this be on Ian's show? Web wheelers want to know!

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #207 (permalink)

Member # 33539
received mine yesterday, itching to get started!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #208 (permalink)

Member # 204783
I just found this thread, and the Ibex's just-tack-together-jigs-included construction is a radically simple idea that also happens to be totally brilliant. The CNC work that went into making sure everything would fit beforehand is clearly the key - it's only once everything was designed, tested and revised digitally that it made it onto the Ibex, and that's why it goes together so well.

However. I read MNorby's build thread and it looks like there are still quite a few things unresolved. Not in the just-do-it-yourself-goddamnit sense (wiring diagrams, bodywork, that kind of thing) but confined to bracketry for critical components like radiators, coolers, accumulators - things that have to be fitted to the chassis, and could helpfully be included with the kit.

What I want to know is, are you planning on modelling brackets or similar for a specified set of parts? Say mounts and tabs for a particular accumulator, particular radiator etc to further simplify parts selection?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #209 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 28177
I am sure Drew will add more but not all of his customers buy all of his accessories. He has a radiator mount and a cooler mount for in front of that. I don't know about an accumulator mount but Drew is adding more options all the time. Many people probably figure they can tackle some of the fab work themselves and save some dough. Plus who doesn't like to have some custom touches on their rig . Mnorby did his own exhaust but Drew has a complete setup for headers or stock manifolds. Some options also likely came after Mnorby's build started. The Tribe 4x4 build of an Ibex is similar with its own custom touches.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
whypave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #210 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
I just found this thread, and the Ibex's just-tack-together-jigs-included construction is a radically simple idea that also happens to be totally brilliant. The CNC work that went into making sure everything would fit beforehand is clearly the key - it's only once everything was designed, tested and revised digitally that it made it onto the Ibex, and that's why it goes together so well.

However. I read MNorby's build thread and it looks like there are still quite a few things unresolved. Not in the just-do-it-yourself-goddamnit sense (wiring diagrams, bodywork, that kind of thing) but confined to bracketry for critical components like radiators, coolers, accumulators - things that have to be fitted to the chassis, and could helpfully be included with the kit.

What I want to know is, are you planning on modelling brackets or similar for a specified set of parts? Say mounts and tabs for a particular accumulator, particular radiator etc to further simplify parts selection?
Thanks for the compliments. That is the plan to offer all the other parts to complete a buggy, things that you would have to make. I have radiator mounts for an off the shelf Griffin, trans mounts, Atlas mounts, etc, the list is long. I am about 90% there, some new parts just released are:
  • brake pedal
  • steering column
  • side panels
  • hood
  • battery mounts

A few guys like Norby and Tribe were ahead of me on their builds or many want to do their own thing or something different.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #211 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 11448
Send a message via Yahoo to MNorby
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
A few guys like Norby and Tribe were ahead of me on their builds or many want to do their own thing or something different.
I enjoy making alot of my own components, until I see what Drew comes up with that look much better and mine get tossed aside....

MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #212 (permalink)

Member # 204783
Quote:
Thanks for the compliments. That is the plan to offer all the other parts to complete a buggy, things that you would have to make.
Absolutely brilliant. If ever I can get the cash together, I'll be giving you a call...
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #213 (permalink)
Race Radio Vendor

Member # 122268
***BUMP*** For the coolest chassis on the market!

|
|

Forum members receive 10% off retail! Use coupon code PIRATE10
RuggedRadios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #214 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
Check out the final Ibex episode on Xtreme 4x4 on Spike this weekend Two-Car Garage Crawler Part 8: Payoff | Xtreme 4X4 | PowerBlockTV.com - Video

Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #215 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
Just finished up a few new add ons

Engine side panels are laser cut and formed from .080 aluminum complete with nurserted weld tabs and screws.

Door side panels. CNC cut from 3/16 plastic. Complete with nurserted weld tabs and screws

Roof panels for 2-seat and 4-seat. Laser cut and formed from 1/8 aluminum. Complete with nurserted weld tabs and screws

JK hood and grill, made of Fiberglass and in stock

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1381365175.006967.jpg
Views: 7883
Size:  61.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1381365191.504079.jpg
Views: 4473
Size:  54.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1381365203.884812.jpg
Views: 3844
Size:  42.9 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #216 (permalink)

Member # 187094
Looks great drew I can't wait to get mine done also I was wondering if you would be making a 4 seat side panel that went al the way to the back of the chassis with a wheel well look to it and also I have Seen bumpers on the price sheet do you have any pics of those
Thanks Alex
pineappletuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #217 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappletuna View Post
Looks great drew I can't wait to get mine done also I was wondering if you would be making a 4 seat side panel that went al the way to the back of the chassis with a wheel well look to it and also I have Seen bumpers on the price sheet do you have any pics of those
Thanks Alex
Yes, I have plans for rear side panels, as well as 4-seat interior aluminum panels. Just need the time! I need to hire a part time CAD guy.

Bumpers are pretty simple single tube design. Parts are at the laser cutter now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Old 10-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #218 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Just watched the wheeling episode of Xtreme. Looks like a great package.

& Blaine

Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #219 (permalink)

Member # 21282
patiently waiting for all the parts to be available!!!!!

Looks great drew, hopefully the timing will work out well and I'll have money when you have it all designed and available.

Love the look/design/concept it's all great!

Recommended Stuff:
-
91blaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #220 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
Finishing up the 4-seat rear interior panels and rear seat mounts, should be available in a few weeks. The seat mount has an integral mounting tube for a rear sway bar, off the shelf Currie anti rock
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #221 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 139732
looking good!!!
knixon804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #222 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Tech Tim is designing/building that, still working in it.
Any updates on ifs? I keep seeing more owner builds and was curious.

& Blaine

Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #223 (permalink)

Member # 19067
Made a few changes to make it easier to assemble the bulkhead and to give it a couple more steering options, new jig plates are here, just need to clear room in the shop to give it a go.

We've had one of those albatross projects going on for way too long, hopefully it'll be rolling out this next week.... then it's back on the IFS IBEX.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #224 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5969
Kits in stock, ready to ship!

We also have a +3" extra tall version

Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #225 (permalink)

Member # 121053
Quote:
Kits in stock, ready to ship!

We also have a +3" extra tall version
The Smiley Special!
Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in