EVO2 by Bent Fabrications - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Complete Vehicles For Sale
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 115943
ok Tim, i got it tore down now for upgrades, put a l67, th350, 205 in it on 42s, then beat shit out it!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 79221
I picked up my chassis last Thursday from Tim. as a fellow fabricator and rig build, I was thoroughly impressed with the chassis. Welds are clean and strong, and for the price I could not justify building my own. I even nutted up for the link mount brackets and such that he offers.

Overall I couldn't be happier and Tim was very good to work with.

Bump for Tim!

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]970-420-4198[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Ruffstuff Racing Sponsored

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
AddictedOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #78 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Speaking of brackets...

We have been working on a series of bracketry for this chassis series that will continue to make it easier than ever to put one together.

The first bracketry we worked on was a newly designed subframe bracket that could be laser cut and CNC bent just for this chassis series. It definitely adds a clean professional look as well as taking close to 30 pounds or more off the chassis from our previous subframe designs... The design has working on the rig in mind, wanting to keep the underside of the rig easily accessible for maintenance from the bottom, I designed a suspension setup that has provisions for the front and rear LCA's built into a 2.5" subframe that simply bumps to the frame rails and is ready to go. For those wanting to link the chassis front and rear, the additional 2.5" of depth will allow an almost flat floor as well as giving room for the biggest of aftermarket transfer cases to fit under the seat. I've also given four sleeved mounting holes on each side with a simple hole pattern to allow mounting removable cross members from the inside and/or mounting a skid plate with ease. Options for removable cross members as well as laser cut and CNC bent skid plates will be available soon as well!

Product devolopment stages... a bracket in the makings.
Idea-drawings-laser cutting-bending-working prototype all in a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What can we build for you?
Want to see what's going on in the shop?
Bent Fabrications is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #79 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
First batch of bracketry is in and ready to go!

Like this chassis series but not interested in leaf springs..
Your not alone, and we are trying to make linking it up front and rear easier than ever!

We now have subframe brackets that are laser cut and CNC bent just for this chassis series. If chosen as an option, they will come welded to the chassis as well as holes for the upper control arms sleeved in the chassis rails. The bracket is made from 3/16ths steel plate getting additional strength from its bent shape as well as four welded in sleeved bungs per bracket for strength (as well as providing mounting holes for removable cross members and skid plates.) The ID of the bracket is 2" to match the frame rails, but fear not, I can provide custom spacers to make any 1.25" heim work with this bracket. The bracketry also includes excel files on how to set up your axle bracketry for great performance. We can also provide weld on truss systems that work perfect with our geometry for most axles to make getting your chassis to a roller easier than ever!

Price is going to be $300

Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 103258
Picked mine up yesterday. Looks great. The pics don't do it justice. Have to see to appreciate.
marc_davis5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 3765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Fabrications View Post
If you want one at the promotional price, #10 is still up for grabs!

-Tim
nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #82 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Nightcrawler has his deposit in... #10 is spoken for.

For those that missed the promotional run. With the first round of these made, we have a solid feel on what it takes to make these as well as some very reasonable bracket options in the works. 10 chassis in 10 weeks is a solid indicator that people are interested and that we can handle getting them out. I want to continue to search for ways to make these chassis affordable and there is a new promotion in the works. So keep saving up and start talking one of your buddies into getting one too.... I'll announce what we are going to offer soon.

Stay tuned for some build pics soon as we are building out a roller in the shop right now. As we design and build more of the bracketry, I'll be able to offer even more accessories and options.

-Tim

Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #83 (permalink)
Atomic Test Lab Rat

Member # 25325
I'm interested to see what kinds of brackets you come up with.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 43587
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
Very nice lower link mounts.

My interest is piqued now, I'll stay tuned, and save up some $

Last edited by TBItoy; 10-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 17164
Any updates on that roller your building in the shop?
EricT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #86 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
Any updates on that roller your building in the shop?
Yep.. I have two getting built completely and will be almost identical. I'm waiting on a few parts still. But should start throwing up some pics soon

-Tim

Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 17164
Thats whats up !! Definetly get some pictures up for us
EricT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #88 (permalink)
no where new

Member # 71385
Just did the garage door test with my evo4. I should be able to drive my rig in and out of my garage with the tires on. The picture is not ride height, just grabbed some tube to lift the chassis up to put tires on and to also check clearance. I ended up with a 132" wb... good thing for rear steer.

To the top of the chassis is 74"
Attached Images

Last edited by shadowgamesxj; 11-18-2012 at 07:30 AM.
shadowgamesxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 79221
I'll be working on getting my EVO2 EX into a roller in a couple weeks. Here is my build thread:
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...-u4-buggy.html

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]970-420-4198[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Ruffstuff Racing Sponsored

[/CENTER]
AddictedOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #90 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Random pics are cool in this thread as I'm sure potential buyers would like to see different ideas.. If you'd like to put a build thread together, General 4x4 will be where most will go. Addicted Offroad's build is showcasing Toyota parts throughout the whole build and is over in the Toyota section. Some of you guys may not want to do a build thread that covers every aspect of what your doing... I was thinking of a way to allow you to showcase just a few cool ideas if you wanted too.

I've got a pile of parts at the shop coming together for a nice build. I'm thinking instead of doing just a plain build thread, I might put together a thread for the chassis series that everyone can post pictures to and let it become a "this is how I did it/tech" thread. After all, these can be finished out in so many different ways that I think it will be cool to see all the ideas people have.

If you guys think this is a good idea, I'll start putting something together.

-Tim

Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #91 (permalink)
no where new

Member # 71385
Tim-

I think that would be a good idea. The evo series build thread... If someone hits a wall or can't figure something out, they could look at how somebody else got around it or figured it out. Than I don't have to bug you when I run into an issue.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #92 (permalink)
Atomic Test Lab Rat

Member # 25325
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgamesxj View Post
Tim-

I think that would be a good idea. The evo series build thread... If someone hits a wall or can't figure something out, they could look at how somebody else got around it or figured it out. Than I don't have to bug you when I run into an issue.
x2, lets get it up and going.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 127171
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoffer View Post
Update on chassis #1. I got number #1 and buddy gor #2. Was at a stall waiting on my ori shocks. Ordered in Aug just got. Was going to start a build thread but dont know what section to start?
What is your wheel/tire combo weighing in at? Guessing Kmc enduros and 41.5" radials? Looks like a sweet ride. Definitely post up a build thread.
sleepsontoilet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #94 (permalink)
Atomic Test Lab Rat

Member # 25325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Fabrications View Post
If you guys think this is a good idea, I'll start putting something together.

-Tim
How's this going?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #95 (permalink)
no where new

Member # 71385
He was waiting on some parts to come in yet, had another project to get done, than was going to get the thread going. Yeah... i was bugging him on a question or 2....
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 AM   #96 (permalink)
Atomic Test Lab Rat

Member # 25325
Looks like one of us should start a general thread...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #97 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Trusses finally came yesterday... and I've got some stuff from the laser guys back too! It's on now.. I'll have a roller by the end of the week. I'll be focusing on this buggy over the next few weeks and start getting together some pics and the thread up..

PS.. want to see some more random shots of whats going on in the shop that I may not post up on here? Click the link in the sig to like us on FB! I've got a new page up and plan on throwing random shots of what we are doing on there on a regular basis.

-Tim

Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #98 (permalink)
no where new

Member # 71385
its a roller and sitting at ride height.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #99 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
That EVO4 is looking badass

Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #100 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
I just got a thread going in General 4x4 to cover this chassis series. It's going to be a great "How To" thread, and general place to ask myself and each other questions about this chassis to help all you guys out.

Be patient as I go through a little of the build process of how the basic chassis comes together to get to a product that most of you have... then we'll bring on the tech as I work on one here in the shop and we address anything that comes up in your builds as well.

So I bought an EVO2 from Bent Fabrications.. Now What?

-Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in