EVO2 by Bent Fabrications - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Complete Vehicles For Sale
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 232448
Sweet just dreaming and thinking right now. I like the design of your chassis.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #127 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Full sheet metal front end option in the works!
  • Options for single or dual shocks
  • Integrated radiator mount for Griffen radiator
  • Integrated radiator overflow can mount
  • integrated orbital mount
  • integrated steering cooler mount for 12" Derali cooler

These will make finishing out your EVO easier than ever! more details coming soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What can we build for you?
Want to see what's going on in the shop?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bent Fabrications is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #128 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Just building a trail buggy? The side step option is a sure way to keep your girl happy when she has to get in and out of the rig all day long

Old 12-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #129 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Anybody ready for a sale?

I feel like kicking off 2014 with a bang!

I'm going to take $500 off the base price of any EVO series chassis ordered between Jan 1st and January 28th.

If you get your order in by the dead line you'll pay

$2250 for the EVO mini

$2300 for the EVO2

$2450 for the EVO2 EX

$2450 for the EVO2 Coupe

$2700 for the EVO4

With more options than ever before, there's no better time to get into an EVO series chassis!

The most popular options to add are:
CNC bent subframes for the lower control arms
Blank skidplate kit
Frenched upper control arms
Side steps
Seat mounts
Floor supports
Sheet metal front shock towers
*includes overflow tank mount and orbital mount
Radiator mount
*includes oil cooler mount
Griffen radiator
LS motor mounts
Brake mount
Additional bracing and tubework can be added.

Of course we can easily set you up a roller, do sheet metal work with interior packages and exterior packages, as well as supply you with anything you need to finish out your buggy from driveshafts, custom exhaust, seats, steering, winches and more..

Send an email to [email protected] and mention this add on Pirate4x4 with your project details for a quick quote.
You may be surprised just how affordable building a buggy can be!

2013 has been a fantastic year here at BFR! We have added over 30 people to the BFR owners club this year in chassis's including 19 new EVO series chassis's alone! Let's see just how many people we can add to the BFR family in 2014!

-Tim

Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #130 (permalink)

Member # 94019
Whats the "mini" ?

toyworx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #131 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyworx View Post
Whats the "mini" ?
I've got a new, 2 seat, coupe style chassis in the works that is designed around narrower axles (like Toyota's) and shorter WB in the 100-110" range. It is designed with 4cyl and V6 motors in mind as a more affordable platform to build from.

That doesn't mean a V8 won't fit though

Stay tuned for the first one to be bent out as soon as I have some parts back from laser

-Tim

Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #132 (permalink)

Member # 94019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Fabrications View Post
I've got a new, 2 seat, coupe style chassis in the works that is designed around narrower axles (like Toyota's) and shorter WB in the 100-110" range. It is designed with 4cyl and V6 motors in mind as a more affordable platform to build from.

That doesn't mean a V8 won't fit though

Stay tuned for the first one to be bent out as soon as I have some parts back from laser

-Tim

Very interesting. I've got built Toy housings, and a pile of parts just looking for a chassis to land in. Looking forward to seeing this.

Im assuming you will udate this thread? What's the width at the shoulders?

toyworx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 121858
Thanks Tim
In on 2" tubed EVO2 EX
Bulldog Winch,King Shocks, Powertank, Savvy Offroad, Lucas Oil, A Little 4x4 Co, Rugged Radio,
dedmetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #134 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyworx View Post
Very interesting. I've got built Toy housings, and a pile of parts just looking for a chassis to land in. Looking forward to seeing this.

Im assuming you will udate this thread? What's the width at the shoulders?
I will post pics of the first one as soon as I bend it out and definitely point out the differences.

I'm leaving the A-pillar and B-pillar dimensions the same width as the other EVO chassis's at 54" at the windshield and 56" at the B at shoulder height. I am planning on pulling the bottom of the chassis at the rub rails in 2" to give a little more shape and side clearance.

It will be smaller than the others but still very comfortable and room for nice suspension seats still.

-Tim

Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #135 (permalink)

Member # 55607
waiting on pics of the mini, real interested
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 3765
Updates?
nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #137 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Updates?
Click here to see what we are up too and hit the LIKE button so you won't be in the dark

Still don't have parts from Laser

Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #138 (permalink)

Member # 198783
Man you look like you need some help brother and also more work than you know what to do with , and honestly you deserve it keep putting out some of the nicest shit on the east coast man good luck
krackem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #139 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
The chassis sale is still going on! If your kicking around the idea of getting in on this, let me know so we can start ironing out the details and get you in on the sale price!

-Tim

Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #140 (permalink)

Member # 33633
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
waiting on pics of the mini, real interested
x2

I've been itching for a new chassis.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #141 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
I've got an extra EVO2 Coupe bent out and ready to go, just need to know what front end to put on it. Free frenched uppers and free basic side steps included. Hit me up if your ready... I'll make you a killer deal, I need to get it out of my way!

EDIT: **SOLD** (that was quick)

If you really wanted this one.. don't stress, we will make more! send me an email to [email protected] with your project ideas, I'd love to put you in one!

Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #142 (permalink)

Member # 83657
Bump for some Mini pics!
brent460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #143 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Like the look of our EVO2 EX but want even more freedom to build it how you want?
How about just the shell with no frame as a starter kit for your build... easily adaptable to any engine or suspension combination.

or.. throw it on your Yota or existing truck frame... just sayin

Priced as shown with 2"x.120" DOM at $1625
Priced with 1.75"x.120" DOM at $1300

Old 02-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #144 (permalink)

Member # 23164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Fabrications View Post
Like the look of our EVO2 EX but want even more freedom to build it how you want?
How about just the shell with no frame as a starter kit for your build... easily adaptable to any engine or suspension combination.

or.. throw it on your Yota or existing truck frame... just sayin

Priced as shown with 2"x.120" DOM at $1625
Priced with 1.75"x.120" DOM at $1300

Nice should be a good seller. Thanks for keeping all us poor guys in mind.
alsoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #145 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent460 View Post
Bump for some Mini pics!
The wait is almost over...Spy pics posted on FB of build in progress

Probably come off the jig Monday and then I'll get some good pics up.

-Tim

psst.. click the link to FB in my sig and hit the LIKE button to keep up!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #146 (permalink)
"It'll Be Fine"

Member # 121395
Anything happening with the Evo speed chassis??? I'd like to put some parts on that thing and make it a race car...

ABRACADABRA HOMES!!!

Last edited by Duble-it; 03-02-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #147 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble-it View Post
Anything happening with the Evo speed chassis??? I'd like to put some parts on that thing and make it a race car...
I still have it for sale.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/compl...ions-sale.html

Couple people interested but not making a move, its going to the first person to show me the money.

-Tim

Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #148 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Many of you have been patiently waiting for the MINI to come out. I thought I'd share some of the new design as well as the thought process behind what's changing from the normal EVO2 frame setup. I want to make something clear about what we are referencing when I say MINI. I am referring not to the chassis itself, but an optional frame rail setup that is designed for narrower axles to be utilized. Specifically, I had Toyota axles in mind, as well as lots of axles I see over here on the East Coast that are in the 56"-65" range. After all, a small buggy is so nice to cruise around through the trees without having to be constantly concerned with tire placement. Which leads into the next product from me as well.. a new smaller chassis to put this frame under. After all, if your running small axles you’re not going to want to throw them under a tank if you expect them to live. I'll have more details on the new chassis soon. Just keep in mind, it will be available with this new mini frame as well as the standard EVO2 frame for those that think the chassis is bad ass but would rather run a LS.

So, with the laser parts finally in to put the first mini frame together, I put in some extra hours last week to get some rails together at the new specs and start setting up the rack to hold the frame in the same location as the standard EVO2 setup.. I plan on using the same dimensions for width as the other chassis's both in the bottom of the chassis as well as midline width dimensions. this will make the frames interchange pretty easily pending on what the customer has in mind.

The rails are built to the same dimensions and still utilize our laser cut and formed subframe brackets. The exception is the one piece behind the subframe and how the upper control arm is mounted. The major difference will be how we set them up in the jig.

For the mini frame, the rails will set in at a 10degree angle to give over 2" more clearance for the coilovers in the front to allow those narrow axles to fit without notching the standard frame. For the rear, this would have reduced the rear upper triangulation enough to bother me. The solution was to move the rear upper control arm mount inside the frame rails to gain that geometry back. The front will be frenched as a standard feature on the mini option.

Something I do on the standard frame is make the skidplate stretch across the bottom of the subframes to double the thickness of the bottom for strength. With the mini frame leaned in 10degrees, a new skidplate was designed that would only bolt to the inside of the subframe brackets, the angle will allow the skid plate to drop out effortlessly and the double layer protection shouldn't be needed with the idea of a lighter weight buggy in mind from the beginning.

With the mini frame set up in the rack, you can see the angle the rails are held and can see the additional room for coilovers compared to where the standard rails would set against the outside of the front jig.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #149 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
For the front end on this mini. I've already invested the time to completely build a sheet metal front end like I offer for the full size frames above for the mini specifically. Like the one for the EVO2 series, it will hold your shocks in a single or dual configuration, overflow tank to the radiator, orbital valve, steering cooler, res for the steering, as well as an off the shelf Griffen 22x13" radaitor. All designed by myself in SW, I was amazed at the fit and finish of this setup just dropped into place. I'm still learning a lot in SW, but look for this new chassis to be completely built in SW with a lot more options soon

I can build the chassis with an all tube front end as well, but this option will no doubt save a lot of effort for those that want to bolt there stuff up and get back to the woods.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #150 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
First look at the new EVO Grunt mini...

The 30 day promotion will apply to either of the GRUNT chassis's. I'll take $500 off the price on any orders with deposits in by April 5th!

This one has some extra features on it including our sheet metal front end and radiator mount that you see above, side steps, and bent brow. I plan on adding some additional tube in to show what some bracing will look like after I get some better pics of it as is. In base form, it will not have any lower tubework in the rear to leave options open. Remember, the mini frame is designed with Toyota axles in mind, so even though there is plenty of room in the front for the engine... it could be put in the rear just as easily.. just saying.

Of course, the EVO2 Grunt comes with the standard frame under it, so if you love the look of the new Grunt Chassis but want to run your built LS.. we can make that happen too.

Prices will start at $2800 for the EVO2 Grunt (bare)
The EVO Grunt mini will run $2900 (bare)

The options shown run:
$300 subframes
$285 for the skidplate
$250 sheet metal shock towers
$125 radiator support
$100 side steps
$25 bent brow bar

If anyone is intrested in this first one, let me know. It will be for sale after we play with it a little more. It can be built to suite still and I'd love to put someone a roller together.

Email me at [email protected] with your project ideas if you need a quote or want to get something ordered.
Say you saw it on Pirate4x4 for the discount!

-Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in