EVO2 by Bent Fabrications - Page 7 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Complete Vehicles For Sale
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #151 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Satisfied with the shape of the GRUNT.. I've gone ahead and fully modeled what I have built here to start adding more options to the list. If there is enough interest, we may start having this one completely laser cut

Here's a few shots of the SW modeling..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Want to see what's going on in the shop?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bent Fabrications is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #152 (permalink)

Member # 48072
Sadly I doubt I will be in the market any time soon but I am sure there will be others that want to know too....What are the dimension differences between the mini and regular Evo 2.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #153 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawnov View Post
Sadly I doubt I will be in the market any time soon but I am sure there will be others that want to know too....What are the dimension differences between the mini and regular Evo 2.
Don't get confused.. the "mini" is only a frame option.
whereas the GRUNT chassis is a new smaller 2 seat chassis that can have either frame under it.

For the differences in the frame, the mini is still produced as a straight frame with the same dimensions as the regular EVO2 frame. By setting the rails up at a 10 degree angle in the jig, the rails dove in toward the front to be 27.5" wide outside at the front, but they are still 32.5" wide at the belly. Where the EVO2 frame rails are straight the entire length with a 32.5" outside dimension. Leaning the rails on the mini is purely for increased coilover clearance when used with the smaller axles.

Now, for the differences in the new EVO GRUNT vs the EVO2 (or EVO2 EX as they are the same overall length)

All these EVO series chassis are the same width at the A-pillar and B-pillar midline, same width at the bottom as well. This allows me to use the same fixturing for the tubework on this part. The main difference in this new GRUNT and the EVO2 is in the rear and top. starting with the B-pillar being 4" foreword for a smaller cab, the bed rail is also shortened up 18" for a combined 22" shorter chassis. The top on the GRUNT is the same height, but to give it an illusion of being shorter, I made it a little narrower. This also gives the windshield just a touch more aggressive stance, combined with the 30 degree angle on the D-pillars to the bed rail to give it a fast clean look. By keeping the C-pillar and tie in bar to the rubrail, the chassis remains identifiable as part of the EVO family.. just smaller.

Pending on tire size, a 100-110" WB is going to work well with this chassis with either frame option for those looking for a smaller rig.

I have an EVO2 EX(R) coming off the jig soon. I'll get some comparison pics before it leaves.

-Tim

Old 03-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #154 (permalink)

Member # 87218
With more and more design work getting done on a daily basis for this chassis line. I now have more tools than ever to show diffferent ideas and options.

Check out the EVO2 EX(R)! The upgrade to 2" main structure makes this a prefect candidate for your next racecar..

I can easily recommend different options like the added frame ties and A-pillar support tubes, as well as show what they will look like.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #155 (permalink)

Member # 87218
When the chassis starts getting more complicated, I can highlight options like the "ULTIMATE X BRACE" to show you exactly what your getting.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #156 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Couple of pics of the EVO GRUNT mini outside the shop.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #157 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Some interesting comparison pictures.

EVO GRUNT MINI in front
EVO2 EX(R) behind

Front of chassis's are lined up exactly even, from the A-pillar forward they are exactly the same dimensions front of chassis to the windshield. They are also exactly the same dimensions in width at the rub rails and base of the windshield.

Take a look at the B-pillars. Although they are the same width apart for seat fitment, the GRUNT's B-pillar is moved foreword 4" but are the same width at the shoulder. However.. if you look closely at where the sheet metal would be placed for a rear firewall on the GRUNT, you can see that the GRUNT would offer just as much room inside... smaller chassis, but just as much room and comfort! So don't think this new chassis is only for the short kids. A 6' guy would be plenty comfortable in there.

Looking at the rear of the chassis is where the obvious changes are. Compared to the EVO2 EX, the GRUNT loses the entire basket that sticks out behind the D-pillars. From the side shot, you can see the D-pillars almost line up on both chassis's.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #158 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Want to save $500 on one of the new EVO2 GRUNT's or the EVO GRUNT mini?

You've got till April 5th to get you order in if you want to save save some cash and get in on this first run of them!

email [email protected] with your project ideas and specs to get a quick quote.

-Tim

Old 04-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #159 (permalink)

Member # 87218
I have an EVO2 GRUNT mini built and in stock ready to go out the door or set up a roller for someone.
Let me know who wants it... I'm sure it isn't going to last long!

This one has the following options already on it:
Frenched uppers in front (included on the mini)
$300 subframes
$285 for the skidplate
$250 sheet metal shock towers
$125 radiator support (for Griffen 22x13)
$100 side steps (can add platework if wanted)
$25 bent brow bar

Retails at $3980 with options listed above. I'll send it out the door shipped anywhere in the US (Lower 48) for $4000 out the door. I'd love to put someone a roller together in it, and willing to work with someone that is interested. Let me know.

Email me at [email protected] with your project ideas if you need a quote for extras or or want to get something else ordered.
Say you saw it on Pirate4x4 for the discount!

-Tim

[/QUOTE]

Old 04-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #160 (permalink)

Member # 87218
I rarely get the chance to line up chassis's that have identical options and get side by side pics to compare them. Now that most of this stuff is in SW, I've been reworking the website with CAD files like these that will help people choose and see the differences in the chassis's we offer. They are all built on a modular platform and share tons of tubework, especially in the front, that all boils down to a line of shared bracketry that keeps costs down and quality high. Soon, they will have some shared bodywork as well. Interchangeable hoods, dashes, and interior sheet metal are on the list of options coming soon!

Check out these overlays.

Wondering how much bigger an EVO2 is than an EX? It's not!

What's the difference in size of the EVO2 EX vs the Coupe?

How much smaller is the new GRUNT than the Coupe?

and some others..

Old 06-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #161 (permalink)

Member # 87218
What good is a sale thread if you don't run a sale?
I'm thinking its about time to hook some people up! Who is ready?

With the year half way over, it's time to start putting your race program together for 2015! Here's your opportunity to get things kicked off right!

How about $750 off any EVO series chassis as well as a free 2" tube upgrade for a combined $1500 discount!

Offer ends 7/18, so if you have something on your mind, Contact [email protected] to discuss your project needs and get a quote.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #162 (permalink)

Member # 79221
Tim, do you have an option for firewall aluminum layouts as part of the your chassis options? I have been approached recently about doing some buggies. IMHO, the biggest PITA about them is the panel layouts inside the chassis.

Like if I have customer wanting the Coupe chassis. I can order it for an LS2 with the dash, firewall, seat, and floor already laid out?

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]970-420-4198[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Ruffstuff Racing Sponsored

[/CENTER]
AddictedOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #163 (permalink)

Member # 87218
If it is for any LS series, I can do the interior here. I have LS mounts as well as mock up motors and tranny's that we can use to do the paneling. However, we are still building the panels by hand, which lends to some wicked work but cost more than a kit would for sure. Until, I start having the chassis laser cut, even though I can hold super tight tollerances between chassis's, a kit just isn't feasable.

However, for an LS package, we can absolutely send a chassis out with the interior already in it (along with a whole list of off the shelf parts that will bolt right in)

-Tim

Old 06-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #164 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Who thinks this would be badass with a rear engine and TTB in the front?
I still have it.. yell at me if you want it to be your next rig. There are so many cool posibilities!

Old 08-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #165 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Wanna see one of these chassis's in action?

Check out this EVO2 EX gettin it done at the AOP 5K Bounty Hill

Old 10-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #166 (permalink)

Member # 87218
If your looking for a deal.. I'm cleaning out my storage building, check this out.

The Original EVO SPEED chassis I've been holding on to needs to go.
$3500 will take it home.
Click the link for details. https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/compl...ions-sale.html

I also have the original GRUNT mini that i used to protype with available
$2250 will take it home.
here's the link https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/compl...mini-sale.html

I'm practically giving these away at those prices just to get them out of my way.. contact [email protected] for more info.
I can build either one out to whatever stage you need or put it on a truck and send your way as is.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #167 (permalink)

Member # 140674
Am really thinking about the EVO Speed chassis. My Ultra 4 car's just about done with the upgrades from the last KOH. But I do have an 800 horse LS coming to my home very very soon. And it does need a home..... Cost of shipping to Gilbert, AZ?

4400 Unlimited Class
Sponsors/Supporters:
Crossed-Up Offroad, Lucas Oil, PRP seats, Raceline Wheels
je1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #168 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by je1989 View Post
Am really thinking about the EVO Speed chassis. My Ultra 4 car's just about done with the upgrades from the last KOH. But I do have an 800 horse LS coming to my home very very soon. And it does need a home..... Cost of shipping to Gilbert, AZ?
I'd have to weigh it again to get a solid quote.. but with a 700# guess it was $1050. I'm pretty sure it will be less than that once I get the actual weight becuase there's no way it will weigh that much ready to ship.

Call me if you'd like some more details or want to discuss it more. I had great plans for this one. I'd love to put you in it.

Tim
859-396-4541

Old 10-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #169 (permalink)

Member # 140674
I've give ya a call tomorrow Tim

4400 Unlimited Class
Sponsors/Supporters:
Crossed-Up Offroad, Lucas Oil, PRP seats, Raceline Wheels
je1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #170 (permalink)

Member # 509434
evo speed price?
FordPowerbogging is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #171 (permalink)

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by je1989 View Post
I've give ya a call tomorrow Tim
Phone has took a dump.. best way to get ahold of me is email right now.. [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordPowerbogging View Post
evo speed price?
Letting it go for $3500 to the first one that steps up. I need it gone (or can put it in line for a build if you want extras)

Again, best way to get ahold of me is email right now.

Check out some pics of it being built and details of the chassis here: EVOLUTION SPEED album on Photobucket

Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #172 (permalink)

Member # 87218
If your keeping up on FB, you know I've been contemplating a possible new design (EVO3)... It would be an all tube, more race oriented format.

Here's a peak with a some ideas of bracing... like it or not?

BARE version (no bracing included) would run ~$2500. Additional bracing is easily added by the customer or us.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #173 (permalink)

Member # 20525
finally got a rolling chassis on my EVO2...only took me a year to collect parts... build axles...get time off....lol
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #174 (permalink)

Member # 87218
^^ Looking good!

Old 02-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #175 (permalink)

Member # 120282
Send a message via AIM to l&tcustomsllc
Just asked this in the your other thread, sorry about that.

Just checking to see if you guys are still making and selling the EVO 4?
I can't find anything on your website about it anymore.....
l&tcustomsllc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in