EVO2 by Bent Fabrications - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Complete Vehicles For Sale
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
EVO2 by Bent Fabrications

I really feel I let the ball drop a little on the original EVO chassis, as it was overshadowed greatly by bigger projects going on in the shop at the time and I wasn't able to spend the time on it I'd like to have spent... If you haven't seen the original EVO or the ideas behind it, catch up on some reading here.

Many people followed the idea of the original EVOULTION GP chassis. It was budget minded in design with the idea that many Toyota parts would swap over into the chassis, including the ability to run leaf springs to save money. The versatility was huge and the main idea was that the chassis could "Evolve" with your wheeling needs and budget.

After building several of the original as well as some higher end versions such as the EVOLUTION SPEED chassis.. I've decided to revisit the original EVO chassis. I still incorporated the original frame idea, but the rear of the frame can now extend all the way out the back. This gives the builder a solid squared up platform to work with front to rear and makes the option of having leafs front and rear even easier. Though the design is based around getting 8" up the rear / 7" up the front with 16" / 14" shocks (respectively) directly on the axles, It is possible to get 14" up in the rear and 10" in the front with the shocks configured on the links... making it geared toward a true multipurpose platform. Other changes include a mild rework of the tubing for an even sleeker and aggressive appearance. The rear quarter is also redesigned like the EVO SPEED chassis to allow more shock mounting options on the links and better tire clearance.
Just like the original EVO GP, none of the cross bracing will be included to keep price down. The idea is still to be more of a shell with the critical dimensions figured out for you, and the style your looking for, that you can complete to whatever level you want to be at... from a simple leaf spring Toyota powered propane buggy that costs less than a new 4wheeler to get in the woods, to a fully prepped race machine, to a TTB Prerunner... the limits are endless.
All Chassis's are built using a 2x3" main frame .125" thick with 2"x.134 rub rails to keep the bottom stout The upper cage work is 1.75"x.120 DOM tubing.

The EVO2 is our base platform. It carries the truck styling in a 2 seat configuration with lots of room in the "bed" to haul all your stuff. Priced at $2800 for the bare chassis, it's easy on the wallet to get your project started.
Chassis shown below has the CJ front end option as well as a rear tube bed option.

The EVO2 EX
For those that are looking for just a little extra room inside. With the exact same bed dimensions, the top is extended 14" into the bed area cause just a little extra room can be so nice. This will let you slide the seat back a little, carry a cooler inside, or even set up a third seat.

Remember, this is a true builder chassis aimed at the DIY guys. It is but a mere shell that has the killer lines and critical dimensions figured out for the builder to start with... This approach leaves the chassis open to many ideas and directions that allow the owner to make it unique. What will yours look like? Shown below is the base model of the EVO EX with no additional add ons. The front end shown is the CJ option which allows a full width CJ grill to be used. The EVO2 EX retails at $2950 in bare form.

Below is an example of a roller with third seat added. Setting on 38" tires and 114"WB, it has the CJ front end and fender option.

The front fender option at $150, completely changes the front of the chassis and really adds some style. It is available with all three front end types.

The EVO2 Coupe.
You guys kept asking for it and we delivered! It's a stylish chassis with tons of flexibility. Built off of the EVO2 series Jigs, we simply shortened the bed by 8" and restyled the top. Setup for a 112"+ WB, It is the same cab foreword design as the trucks giving it enough room for a small bench in the back to carry the women and children along for those long weekend trail rides or leave it as a two seater with tons of room for your stuff. Either way, it's a stylish chassis that shares all the options we offer for the EVO2 line up and doesn't break the bank at $2950.

Shown with optional side steps for easy entry, our laser cut suspension subframe brackets, skidplate and the standard front end option on a 112"WB with 40" Maxxis Tires.

Also available in this series is the EVO4.
This Chassis has a 16" stretch added to the EX model and is going to have a 130"+ Wheel Base geared toward 40" and bigger tires... Unlike other 4 seat chassis out there, this one is designed to use a full 48" wide rear bench that could seat three adults in the back and still have some bed space for all your junk! If your looking to build something that will haul the WHOLE FAMILY and your camping gear, or if you just want to load up a crew of 5 and still have enough room for a cooler big enough to keep all of them from getting thirsty... this is going to be the "crew cab" style chassis you've been waiting for.
The EVO4 is priced at $3200 in bare form as shown below with no options and the standard front end.

Options for any chassis in this series include:
Front end of your choice (no additional charges).. Standard, CJ, YJ, TJ, & FJ40
Front Fender option $150
Optional tube rear end $100
Bent 'Brow Bar' over windshield to add aggression to chassis $25
Steps for the side $150
Sleeved Rocker's for extra strength (standard is 2"x.134 sleeved is 2"x.254) $50
Additional bracing or tubework in chassis $20/foot
Subframe brackets for lower and upper control arm locations $300 (includes geometry for you to build axle ends)
Frenched front upper control arms in frame $150
Double shear upper control arm brackets $125
Modular front and rear bumpers starting at $350

To compliment the chassis I also offer a 'Roller in a Box' to get you going faster and with less hastle.
Kits starting from $2025 includes:
Double shear brackets for front and rear uppers on frame
Basic truss for front and rear**
Lower and upper control arm brackets for both axles
2"x.250 lower control arm tubing 1.75"x.120 upper control arm tubing
1.25" lower heims / bungs / jams / spacers
7/8" upper heims / bungs / jams / spacers
**price based on D60's, If you have different axles let me know what you have and I can price out a kit for you, I have options available for almost any axle and for DE steering.

For more info and support on this chassis, click the link to Pirate4x4.com below:
I bought an EVO2 from Bent Fabrications... Now What?

Thanks for checking us out! If you have any questions or would like a quote for your build hit me up at [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What can we build for you?
Want to see what's going on in the shop?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bent Fabrications is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40567
Send a message via AIM to 1TONZR2
nice to see you are back in the game!
96 ZR2 HP60,14B, 5.13s,locked ,F/R tri'ed 4 link,16" SAW COs and 4" SAW bumps front, 16" ORIs rear,RCI fuel cell, Truggied out, 42" PitBull Rockers & TR beadlocks, 5.3L Vortec w/LS6 cam/springs, 231/205 doubler, 1410s, 9.5ti

Over the Top Offroad

1TONZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 5851
Send a message via AIM to KacksterK5
So you thought "Hey, Kack and J-rod look like bears riding tricycles in the Evo, maybe I'll build a bigger one" then built an ex cab, I like it.

86 4Raisin A bunch of stuff under it

02 Chevy 2500 HD Tow Rig
KacksterK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Atomic Test Lab Rat

Member # 25325
Im excited to see the new design.......
Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by KacksterK5 View Post
So you thought "Hey, Kack and J-rod look like bears riding tricycles in the Evo, maybe I'll build a bigger one" then built an ex cab, I like it.
The idea from the beginning was to build something that would be versatile and haul all your crap.. When we built the race version for Scooby, it didn't take long to realize that the bed space was nice, but still having some room inside made it even nicer... So the next one built for racing was an extended cab There was a TON of time spent in the design of the EVO SPEED chassis with a place for every single component needed to race laid out in the planning. A lot of the lines from the EVO SPEED chassis were transfered into the new EVO2 including the extended cab in the EX model. Don't misread this thinking the EVO SPEED and the EVO2 EX are the same though.. The EVO2 EX is a "shell" that is styled very similar. Build it on the cheap, or brace it up and make it a racer.. that part is up to the buyer

Here are some pictures of the EVO SPEED for inspiration.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
The first 2 are spoken for with deposits down

Don't miss out on the promotional price! I have a shipping company that is very reasonable to get these things shipped without breaking the bank.
PM me or email [email protected] for shipping quotes or how to lay a deposit down and get on the schedule.

-Tim

Old 06-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
If your interested in the history of how the EVOLUTION GP came about, you can catch up on some reading here.

Or if your interested in how the NAME came about, that has some cool history too. Read up on it here.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
"It'll Be Fine"

Member # 121395
Pricing on "Evo Speed"?

ABRACADABRA HOMES!!!
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble-it View Post
Pricing on "Evo Speed"?
PM sent

Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 20677
Wow! people are going to get a serious good deal on these chassis. I love the styling on these. 8 months earlier and I would of been buying one of these, no doubt.

Last edited by 87FSBrad; 06-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.
87FSBrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 1725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble-it View Post
Pricing on "Evo Speed"?
X2

thanks!
Jeff
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFNTOY View Post
X2

thanks!
Jeff
Info heading your way.

-Tim

Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 145427
any chance that a 4 seater is in the works ?
jtzuki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzuki View Post
any chance that a 4 seater is in the works ?
Absolutely..

The first EVO2 EX is on the jig right now, and will be complete by the end of the week.
While I have the prototype in front of me, I'm doing some design work for brackets to make setting link suspension up a breeze...
As soon as I have those wrapped up, I'll be working out a 4 seat version

-Tim

Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 215216
WoW nice job!
neil.hank202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
First 2 chassis are complete.. From the concept, there were some minor tubework changes in the dash area to open up the chassis, as well as the height of the bed rails to make even more room in the bed, while also gaining a little head room. The below pics are what the EVO2 EX will look like going out the door in bare form. The pictured chassis does have the CJ front grill option that utilizes a full width CJ grill. There is an optional front end that does not have the CJ grill hoop for those that want to be more creative.

CJ front grill option.

Hate getting the bottom of your side panels chewed up each time you play on the rockers? We do too.. we've decided to kick the tubes in at the bottom to give you a little protection as a standard feature to this chassis

Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Can a 4 seat version be built?

Absolutely..The EVO2 EX pictured above can be stretched into a 4 seat version that will be called the EVO4.
12"-18" can be added in between the B pillar an C pillar as well as the bottom of the chassis stretched to make room for a rear seat to be added..
WB will have to be in the 120"+ range to make it work.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 17164
Where at in KY are you???

BTT for one my all time fav chassis.

Guess being deployed is a blessing and a curse as I'd be #3 for a EVO2. I thought i'd be smart and leave the debit card at home this time and and I'm not able to sign into my PayPal on this public computer without some security stuff I can answer w/o my card ;(

Mang let me stew over this for a few before I send you a PM.
Trying to think how I can get you some monies. i can tell you where my spare garage door opener or house key is and where a envelope of cash is stashed if your up for a drive hahaha..

EDIT:
And blast these gov computers. I cant access your webpage. It says your page falls under online gambling.

Last edited by EricT; 07-11-2012 at 01:02 AM.
EricT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
Where at in KY are you???

BTT for one my all time fav chassis.

Guess being deployed is a blessing and a curse as I'd be #3 for a EVO2. I thought i'd be smart and leave the debit card at home this time and and I'm not able to sign into my PayPal on this public computer without some security stuff I can answer w/o my card ;(

Mang let me stew over this for a few before I send you a PM.
Trying to think how I can get you some monies. i can tell you where my spare garage door opener or house key is and where a envelope of cash is stashed if your up for a drive hahaha..

EDIT:
And blast these gov computers. I cant access your webpage. It says your page falls under online gambling.
I'm just a few miles North of where I64 and I75 merge together just North of Lexington. I don't know about chassis #3.. you might be #7 if you hold out long. If you can make some arrangements, I'll help you in any way I can.

-Tim

Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
Some dimensions of the chassis. It has a ton of room but still isn't as big as you may think.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 223636
The promotoion is for the chassis as pictured above, however there is also an optional front fender design as well as an "Extended Cab" version!
gerry.witt19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 23164
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry.witt19 View Post
The promotoion is for the chassis as pictured above, however there is also an optional front fender design as well as an "Extended Cab" version!
That is the extended cab version.
alsoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Atomic Test Lab Rat

Member # 25325
Sending my check on monday for an EVO4.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
The first two both had the front fender option on them.. I grabbed a few quick pics before they left. It completely changes the front of the chassis and definitely adds some style and character. With a hood on there, it's going to be bad ass

Front Fender option adds $100 to the base cost.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87218
EVO2 EX with fenders and subframe option added ready to be picked up..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in