Jeepspeed 1749 Build - Baja 1K or Bust! - Page 19 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #451 (permalink)

Member # 138167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailMan View Post
I know its an old thread but man I gota know,,, whats been goin on with this rig??
Parker was the last time I raced it. It did real well considering I'm still running a stock motor with 160K on it. Still has the Parker mud on it & I have not fixed the cosmetic damage from getting the clipped by the Herbst TT during a pass.

I have a new race motor for it, just have not put it in as it will probably require an aftermarket engine management system.

I put racing on the back burner as I started my business Dirt-Fab.com and it has been taking up my time and money for now. I hope to run the car in the 2011 Baja 1K. Not sure if I will run in the Jeepspeed series- if so, maybe with a different driver of record. I don't want to lose BFG pit support in Mexico. (General Tires are required now to run in the Jeepspeed series.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

e-mail:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 510-502-8508
Dirt-Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #452 (permalink)

Member # 138167
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity View Post
He took 3rd at the Parker425 last February.

*edit*
Out of like 25'ish Jeepspeeds
Parker had a great turn out. I think there were 23 starters in 1700 alone and a handful of 3700 cars. We were about 20 min behind 2nd and were physically 4th, but squeeked a 3rd with corrected time. Drew drove the last lap and was really dicing it up with another car in the last few miles. It finished on the podium with a front flat tire due to a destroyed rim. If Drew had stopped to change it- we would have had 4th!

I took it through Rubicon to Spider Lake the summer before Parker.

What is the story with the Filarski Jeepspeed up for sale? Are you guys building a new one? Changing classes? I tried to send you a PM with the same questions, but your PM box is full.
Attached Images

e-mail:

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #453 (permalink)

Member # 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Fab View Post
What is the story with the Filarski Jeepspeed up for sale? Are you guys building a new one? Changing classes? I tried to send you a PM with the same questions, but your PM box is full.
Everythings for sale for the right price.
Moving up to Trophy Truck...

Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #454 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 18838
You don't have to run the Generals in Mexico...only in Jeepspeed series races.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #455 (permalink)

Member # 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose nut dan View Post
You don't have to run the Generals in Mexico...only in Jeepspeed series races.
BFG requires that you run BFG's all season to be eligable for their pit support in Baja.
However, General offered the same free pit service thru Baja pits at the Mil this year if you were on Generals.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #456 (permalink)

Member # 138167
Quote:
BFG requires that you run BFG's all season to be eligable for their pit support in Baja.
This is my concern. The pit support as well as the BFG pre-run file & the chase books are worth their weight in gold. I have several BFG spares and the tires on my rig now. I don't really feel like storing twice as many tires now. I also take full advantage of discounted BFG tires for all my race support vehicles as well. It all ads up as both my chase trucks have two full sized spares etc.

e-mail:

Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #457 (permalink)

Member # 138167
Quote:
Moving up to Trophy Truck...
Must be nice to have all that Baja 1K class win money burning a hole in your pocket!

e-mail:

Old 12-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #458 (permalink)

Member # 2870
Quote:
Must be nice to have all that Baja 1K class win money burning a hole in your pocket!

Should just about pay for the whole thing...
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #459 (permalink)

Member # 79690
Well I'm right down the road in Byron would love to swing by sometime check the place out. Your sho in Stockton?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #460 (permalink)

Member # 11961
Quote:
Parker had a great turn out. I think there were 23 starters in 1700 alone and a handful of 3700 cars. We were about 20 min behind 2nd and were physically 4th, but squeeked a 3rd with corrected time. Drew drove the last lap and was really dicing it up with another car in the last few miles. It finished on the podium with a front flat tire due to a destroyed rim. If Drew had stopped to change it- we would have had 4th!

I took it through Rubicon to Spider Lake the summer before Parker.

You guys did very well at Parker. It takes a lot to be competitive in Jeepspeed as there are a lot of teams that can win any given event.

Filarski is a 'driver for hire' now. With his skills he just names what car he wants to drive.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #461 (permalink)
D-FENS

Member # 31414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Booger View Post
(It will make more sense once the sponsor graphics are on............)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
Texas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
That would be

LT1SCOUT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #462 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
What's up with this thing?

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #463 (permalink)

Member # 138167
It still has sand & mud on it from the 2012 Baja 1000. I have not touched it since then. I have not gone wheeling since Jeepers Jambo last year and I was as a passenger-LOL The move, building the Broadsword car, building the new shop etc., another little one on the way has really taken its toll. (My obsession with Dodge Carryalls has taken up time and funds too.) I think I am co-dogging the last leg of the 1000 in Shaffer's 10 car this year. If time and money allows and I can make weight- I would like to enter it in the KOH EMC in 2015. It won't be competitive, but I just want to get it out and have some fun with it. Biggest issue will probably be making weight as I don't think the car is light enough for the 1-3/4" cage in it. I wish U4 had reciprocity for cars grandfathered/tagged by other sanctioning bodies such as SCORE.

e-mail:

Last edited by Dirt-Fab; 08-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:23 PM   #464 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Found a video of the guys going through contingency at the 2008 1K.

& Blaine

Old 02-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #465 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Put together a longer video from 2008 1K. Not for kids.

& Blaine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in