Time For a New Look! - Page 17 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Dodge
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #401 (permalink)

Member # 107931
Custom 5" intake lol plenty of fuckin air that's forsure. Fits too good not to do it, just gotta cut my mounting plate out and weld r up
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2017, 08:43 PM   #402 (permalink)

Member # 107931
Obviously the 5" pipe will get shortened a bit and the air filter mounted on the end
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2017, 10:51 PM   #403 (permalink)
Embrace the Suck

Member # 116370
have a ton of extra V10 stuff if you're looking. Biggest issue is oil pump on the front timing cover, be sure to check the bolts every so often. Recently had a ring go bad on my 98 Ram (guessing based on only about 15* crank rotation before seizing). I've collected a number of these trucks 2003 Ram, 1998 Ram and another 1998 Ram. Great power but little to no aftermarket support is pushing me to consider 12/24V swaps. It's basically just a stroked 360 with extra 2 cylinders

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Ooh Rah!
USMC 2003-2009
swirvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #404 (permalink)
6x6x6 ROCKCRAWLER!!

Member # 66537
Send a message via Yahoo to turbosniper1
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswamper_800 View Post
Well it's time for the V10 swap finally!! I'll get some pictures up soon as I figure out what's up with my photobucket account, hopefully whatever it is fixes all my past pictures too.
Anyways...anyone out there have any experience with the V10 motors? Mine is out of a 95' CA truck so it's got lots of bullshit smog stuff, I want to delete the smog pump and any smog related items and any vacuum lines I can to clean up the motor, simplify it and free up any power of course, also need to figure out what I'm going to do for wiring/computer since the stock wiring harness and ECM aren't going to do me any good after deleting all the smog stuff.
Iíve had "a little experience with V-10s"!!!

Quote:
Serpentine belt rerouted!
Quote:
Bit by bit the motor is coming together
Iím curious as to what made you reroute the belt, and what you moved where? I know Iím going to be looking at moving some things around so I can get the room to accommodate a second power steering pump for my 2x rearsteering axles...... But my plan is to accomplish that by eliminating the AC compressor, moving the alternator there, then making a mounting bracket to hang the 2nd PS pump down low so it keeps the front system on the driver's side, and the rear system on the passenger's side.
On a side note.... have you given considerations to any power adders?? I know there isnít a lot of aftermarket support for the Dodge Ram Magnum V-10 guys, (an Incredibly ELITE group of enthusiasts that will henceforth be referred to as "The BAD[email protected]!!!Ē).... But there are some things out there if you dig in the right places!
I am happy to see this back and going again brother!
Keep the Rubber to the Rocks!
-Matt
🇺🇸😎👍🏼

'69 RockAuto.com Jeepster Commando🇺🇸👍🏼😎👍🏼
TWF Double Beadlocks, Pitbull Tires, Recentered 8/12/24-bolt H1 Wheels
37" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Radials (H-1 Takeoffs) from $125 ea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
turbosniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #405 (permalink)

Member # 107931
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosniper1 View Post
Quote:
Well it's time for the V10 swap finally!! I'll get some pictures up soon as I figure out what's up with my photobucket account, hopefully whatever it is fixes all my past pictures too.
Anyways...anyone out there have any experience with the V10 motors? Mine is out of a 95' CA truck so it's got lots of bullshit smog stuff, I want to delete the smog pump and any smog related items and any vacuum lines I can to clean up the motor, simplify it and free up any power of course, also need to figure out what I'm going to do for wiring/computer since the stock wiring harness and ECM aren't going to do me any good after deleting all the smog stuff.
I?ve had "a little experience with V-10s"!!!

Quote:
Serpentine belt rerouted!
Quote:
Bit by bit the motor is coming together
I?m curious as to what made you reroute the belt, and what you moved where? I know I?m going to be looking at moving some things around so I can get the room to accommodate a second power steering pump for my 2x rearsteering axles...... But my plan is to accomplish that by eliminating the AC compressor, moving the alternator there, then making a mounting bracket to hang the 2nd PS pump down low so it keeps the front system on the driver's side, and the rear system on the passenger's side.
On a side note.... have you given considerations to any power adders?? I know there isn?t a lot of aftermarket support for the Dodge Ram Magnum V-10 guys, (an Incredibly ELITE group of enthusiasts that will henceforth be referred to as "The [email protected]!!!?).... But there are some things out there if you dig in the right places!
I am happy to see this back and going again brother!
Keep the Rubber to the Rocks!
-Matt
🇺🇸😎&#12807 7;🏼
The reason behind rerouting the belt was because when I removed the smog pump I didn't see any way I could run the belt without at least clocking the tensioner pulley, which is what I ended up doing. Simple fix, just drilled out a new hole for the locator pin on the tensioner pulley.

Plans for the motor is to delete everything I don't need, get a tuneable PCM, headers, tuned exhaust(I want the damn thing to sound like a lambo or some shit), big air filter, maybe cam?!?, we'll see where it goes from there, now I just need to find the time away from work to get it all done
Old 11-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #406 (permalink)

Member # 17632
Quote:
The reason behind rerouting the belt was because when I removed the smog pump I didn't see any way I could run the belt without at least clocking the tensioner pulley, which is what I ended up doing. Simple fix, just drilled out a new hole for the locator pin on the tensioner pulley.

Plans for the motor is to delete everything I don't need, get a tuneable PCM, headers, tuned exhaust(I want the damn thing to sound like a lambo or some shit), big air filter, maybe cam?!?, we'll see where it goes from there, now I just need to find the time away from work to get it all done
I'm pretty sure it's still gonna sound like a UPS truck, but get after it
Travis..
Old 01-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #407 (permalink)

Member # 130644
Trucks badass man, I like the v10 swap, kinda nice to see something other than a cummins swap
Creepycrawler87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #408 (permalink)

Member # 107931
Ok I've been reading though A-SHIT ton of bullshit threads all over pirate and mainly in the dodge section and there is a whole shit ton of pussy talkin motherfuckers out there now.. asking how to fix their fuckin blinker fluid and Whatnot(stupid mother fuckers)!!! What the fuck happened to the old pirate4x4......OH YA!!!! FUCKIN canadians took over pirate4x4.
....originally we would tare the shit outta someone for posting some stupid ass shit like that and make em eat it but no!! I'm really losing faith in this site!!!
Old 01-30-2019, 11:10 PM   #409 (permalink)

Member # 172501
Updates.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in