old idea.. motorized light bar that will raise up - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Electrical & Wiring
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 104539
old idea.. motorized light bar that will raise up

well Ive been sharing some thoughts of ideas I have had through the years.. go look in the mud forum if your curious..

anyways.. I used to be a bit of a robotics expert.. and this idea 1st came to me about 20 years ago..

anyone ever see a light bar that would raise up high, when you wanted.. and lower back down (below the roof line) when you need the clearance..

years ago, I had drawn up some plans.. but I never actually got around to building one.. I had like 5-6 kinds which worked different ways..

personally I built a custom mount for 2 KC fog lights, and 2 KC daylighters.. which I mounted to my warn trans4mer kit..

I always figured Id run the same pattern of 4 lights pointing forward.. and 4 pointing to the rear.. and maybe 2 KC fogs (1 on each side) pointing left and right...

I often got myself in trouble.. offroading at night.. when I couldnt see behind me so well..

even on my ranch truck, which needs a new engine we run into this kind of problem, trying to load up heavy deer after a long search runs into the night...
ArTi54N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Im h4veing a h4rd time underst4nding you 4 some re4son.

So you w4nt 4 lights in every godd4mn dirrection 4 you to see better 4t night 4 hunting 4nd claim to be 4n expert 4ming 4nd f4bing robotics but c4nt 4igure out b4sic lin4er 4ctu4tors 4nd a little bit of geometry? Riiiiiiiiight..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 48401
This has been done to death in the desert racing world. And what does being a robotics expert have fuck all to do with rigging lights to an actuator or similar.

Just FYI OP you sell yourself better as a sheep fucker than a robotics expert.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeling 24/7

Member # 22176
My 67 Ford F100 has that. Electric actuator that raises and lowers a 4 light bar. I robbed the parts from the old UA Tacoma.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 104539
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherokeeTerrorist View Post
This has been done to death in the desert racing world. And what does being a robotics expert have fuck all to do with rigging lights to an actuator or similar.

Just FYI OP you sell yourself better as a sheep fucker than a robotics expert.
2 things.. 1st off I had deleted the paragraph that explains the robotics part.. basicly I want to be able to move some of the lights.. the KC daylighters.. not the KC fogs.. there is much more to it.. like being able to turn the 2 pair left to right and up or down.. cuz many times, when you are on an incline or whatever.. your lights arent necessarily pointing where you want them to.. make sense?

the other is I was just wondering if you really are part Cherokee?? Im part Tonkawa..
Old 12-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16751
old idea.. motorized light bar that will raise up

Cop cars have had them for decades on the windshield post

Or of you want a remote controlled one

Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?[Alan Keyes]

For some, Freedom matters, for most, prosperity suffices.[Fred Reed]

74Bronco EFI 5spd

Last edited by roundhouse; 12-27-2018 at 08:08 AM.
roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 104539
yeah Ive seen several brands of those single bulb motorized kits.. like the one pictured above.. they all sucked in brightness.. compared to KC daylighters..

one of the other scenarios I drew is if the lights would turn around completely.. facing forward or rear.. but it would require so many little parts.. the only real problem would be the wiring binding up.. if the lights are turned 360 degrees

Ive never pitched some of these ideas of mine..

Last edited by ArTi54N; 12-27-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wheeling 24/7

Member # 22176
KC daylighters suck. You might as well just shine a flashlight over your roof.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Quote:
I used to be a bit of a robotics expert.

https://youtu.be/c8qGuXCOV0Q

Old 12-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
https://goo.gl/images/VtjrTm

Now go away or i shall taunt you a 4th time

Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 104539
so we were looking at the Shelby Raptor.. and I noticed and asked.. yes they have a moving overhead extension light bar..
Old 01-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
You had a week off to build this, and you didnt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in