120v plugs for vehicles - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Electrical & Wiring
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 24741
Send a message via AIM to Kraqa Send a message via MSN to Kraqa
120v plugs for vehicles

so i need to select a plug for my ZJ build. i want to put a few 120v outlets. There are a few out there. house plugs, OEM parts from modern vehicles or simple plugs.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B008J80J1A/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

or

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0031C11DY/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

i like the OEM style since it has a cover and an indicator light showing that power is flowing. but they are more expensive and require the purchase of a special plug to wire it.

any thoughts?

Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | RCV Performance Shafts | Redwood Plastics & Rubber

Instagram & Twitter: @Kraqa
Kraqa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 788993
seems like presonal preference to me. those "proprietary" plugs with "special" connectors could just consist of 3 blade terminals, which you could easily connect some crimp terminals to. Would have to see more pictures, or the part in person. Or, the special connector could be easily found online as a pigtail, if you know the year/make/model of the vehicle they came in. Could always check junk yards too! in my opinion, i would choose whichever is easier to make the hole in the dash (or wherever) for. that's why i prefer round-bodied switches and lights over square/rectangle-bodied, for example.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in