68 power wagon Cummins swap - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Electrical & Wiring
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 860424
68 power wagon Cummins swap

Im having trouble trying to get the fuel solenoid to open in run and start position without back feeding power to the starter. My first attempt was a diode but it burned now i have a relay but it hangs up. Any imput is appreciated.
M92pv4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49159
Run and apply are two different circuits on the solenoid if I remember correctly and Run and start are 2 different positions on your ignition switch. Where is it back feeding? Draw out your circuits and post a picture. This shouldn't be a hard one to straighten out. Post a picture of the power wagon too
Old 04-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 860424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Run and apply are two different circuits on the solenoid if I remember correctly and Run and start are 2 different positions on your ignition switch. Where is it back feeding? Draw out your circuits and post a picture. This shouldn't be a hard one to straighten out. Post a picture of the power wagon too<a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)
</a>
i figured out what i was doing wrong, I don't know how to post pictures.
M92pv4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in