Expo Forum: Introduce yourself here - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Expedition Vehicles
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 1889
Hi everybody, my name is Scott, and I like to go places where my cell phone doesn't work while wearing shorts (or pants) with too many pockets. I'm still trying to figure out the goofy hat and cargo shirt things, and my "expedition" rig isn't currently very roadworthy, but hopefully I can learn from you all.

Seriously, just lurking around here for ideas for my 4runner. It's a '92, SAS on 35sp 60's, ARB front Detroit rear, on 39.5 TSL's. 14" coilovers in front, 9 leaf Alcans in back. 22re, 5 speed, dual cases... just a mild camping rig, really. Built it because my two seater buggy was just too small and impractical for two adults, two kids, and two dogs.
Attached Images

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-04-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Scott@Rockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #127 (permalink)

Member # 94126
New Expedition Van

Well Hello! I am new to expedition vehicles, I had a need to take it with me... So here I am with an E350 7.3TD project.

It is a little tired but with the Dana 60 and 271 Transfer case in the cargo area I am off and running with a UJOR conversion soon, just need a shop near Redwood City CA to get started with the plasma cutting etc.

I know it's meek and old however a few hundred hours and a few thousand dollars and all will be well for National Park travel.
[Image]
Hondo78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #128 (permalink)

Member # 124064
Send a message via MSN to Tio Eddie
Hi Folks

Im from Brazil and now Im preparing my new toy for expediitions

Best from Brazil

Old 07-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 691522
Hey guys! Getting my first dedicated rig tomorrow. She's a 1999 GMC Yukon, stock, with a rebuilt tranny and some other miscellaneous things. The goal with her is to turn her into primo camping ground accessing beast. I don't need to climb boulders or do anything crazy so the mods on her are going to be limited.

I'm fairly new to the whole build/modification scene but I'm a geared through and through, just now is the first time I've had all the ducks in a row to get a rig to wrench on.

I'll start a post here about my rig and any questions I have. I really would like any feedback you guys have!
Manswame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #130 (permalink)

Member # 147863
Names Kyle, working on getting my MUTT replica back on the road. I live in Central Florida but I travel the state with my dual sport and aim to make this the ultimate adventure weapon! Anywhere the MUTT wont take me, the dirt bike will!

It was converted to a 12v system from the original 24v and I plan on lifting it for a tad bigger tire size and figuring out how to lpck the diffs. Besides that its all lights, speakers, and "oh shit" accessories.

Just finished cleaning and recoating the gas tank. Should be putting some juice to it withing the next couple weeks to see what I got!
Attached Images

Thumper14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #131 (permalink)

Member # 692713
I am Ryan from the central coast of California. I've been in some form of off-road most of my life. Started out with a rock crawler 4-Runner but found myself and the family doing more "long" day adventure trips and less extreme stuff. We then moved to a Jeep XJ that was more suited for the long days and miles on dirt roads but too small inside. We have since sold that and I am currently working on building up a '89 Suburban for a family adventure rig. I am putting 1-ton axles with Deaver leaf springs under it for a comfy ride. More to follow...
HLR4toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #132 (permalink)

Member # 724850
Hello Pirates. Been lurking here for years, but this site can be a pretty hostile place for anyone without 1000 posts or a tube frame crawler, so I've opted to just stay in the shadows. I just bought a 83 Ford-Collins E-350 4x4 narrow short bus that I'll be building into an expedition rig and so It's time I man up and join the show as I already need more from you all then I can get being silent.

Truck arrives to me with 160k original miles, fresh 351w, Dana44F Dana60 R on the Collins factory conversion, running 36" military tires. I've got a FITech fuel injection in the works, mounting a Ramsey 15k in front and duel spares and tag axle rollers into rear custom bumpers (azz hangs out quite a ways on this short bus) . Plan a pop-top, hoping to intigrate a 14 Jon-boat turtle top into that.

Anyways, site won't let me post pics yet, I'll try to revisit this post with a pic if I ever graduate to pic worthy.
KeyserSoSay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 06:46 PM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 65012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IainU1250 View Post
Hi all, Iain from Brisbane, Australia here.

I'm currently build a Unimog U1250 into an expedition truck for a "round the world" trip.

Here is a few photos of the truck "before" and more recent ones showing progress to date.

The last on is a mock up of the interior - I'm getting a boat builder to do the proper fit-out - carpentry and cabinet making is not one of my strong points.

I have a more detailed build thread is on the Unimog forum on Benzworld.My Camper Project - Mercedes-Benz Forum

I also own a Land Rover Defender 100 - set up for the general short 2-3 week trips.

I'm currently building the roof rack for the Unimog, and came across the very useful article on Bending 101.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start a build thread mate! That thing is soooo coool!!!
Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #134 (permalink)

Member # 733273
Hi all,

My name is Joe and i'm currently building a 1991 Bronco into an expedition rig for my family and I. It's currently getting a new motor and a solid front axle. I look forward to showing some pictures of it when the site deems me to be less noobish. (4th post)
RacersJunkyard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #135 (permalink)

Member # 763066
I'm Kristoffer, used to be in Utah but moved to SoCal earlier this month.

I have an 82 K5 Blazer that I like to take on expedition/moderate wheeling trips. Its nothing special, certainly by the standards around here, but its fun and goes where I need it to go. Site wont let me post pics, but I will get some up when I am able.

Looking for folks in the SoCal area to wheel with on the weekends
SBC_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 790817
hi guys gindy here new to all this i peddle a beat up 81 jeep cj5 just retired
plan on building a small teardrop to rip around with thans for letting me in
gindy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2017, 06:24 AM   #137 (permalink)

Member # 809562
Name:  file__storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20170902_094642.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  file__storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20170904_175905.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  file__storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20171112_123630.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  47.4 KB
dpulido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #138 (permalink)

Member # 851078
Introducing myself

Hey guys, My name is Brendt, and im totally new to this forum. I have recently purchased a 1984 ford e350 Quigly 4x4 460! It was used by the new hampshire fire dept as a rescue/utility vehicle until 2001, when it was purchased by the previous owner who did nothing but let it sit in his yard for 17 years. I just recently bought it and am doing a huge rebuild/tiny home conversion project. I figured id sign up so i could document my project as well ask ask everyone for help lol. This is a cool forum with a wealth of information i look forward to contributing to!
Bnasteezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in