My Diesel Build - Page 43 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #1051 (permalink)

Member # 120478
What's the story with your trailer? No fenders? With the width of the explorer I presume you drive over the trailer tires? Where are the rear tires of the explorer when towing? Usually they went to be in between the rear trailer tires, at least mine do and I run into issues with 2 things wanting to occupy the same space which, I believe, there's a rule of physics saying that's not possible (: anyway just looking for some trailer ideas.
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #1052 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90FSB View Post
What's the story with your trailer? No fenders? With the width of the explorer I presume you drive over the trailer tires? Where are the rear tires of the explorer when towing? Usually they went to be in between the rear trailer tires, at least mine do and I run into issues with 2 things wanting to occupy the same space which, I believe, there's a rule of physics saying that's not possible (: anyway just looking for some trailer ideas.
I do drive over the tires to load and unload. Had hinges on the fenders so they could be flipped out of the way but the hinges kept cracking. Not having fenders hasn't been an issue yet but I guess it could be. I'll probably put them back on right after that. Rear tires on the truck are behind the tires on the trailer. Helps to have a long trailer. And a goose neck.
Attached Images

My Diesel Sport Trac Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
69DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #1053 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Boy, that thing looks big when you have something to compare to. You need good tie downs when you slam on the brakes. LOL. If they broke, Would it start up the gooseneck or would the axle hit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waterhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #1054 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69DieselLover View Post
I do drive over the tires to load and unload. Had hinges on the fenders so they could be flipped out of the way but the hinges kept cracking. Not having fenders hasn't been an issue yet but I guess it could be. I'll probably put them back on right after that. Rear tires on the truck are behind the tires on the trailer. Helps to have a long trailer. And a goose neck.
Thanks for the info and pic. I guess the big ass trailer is a must with something that massive. My trailer is fenderless currently and I love it for drive over, maintenance, etc. but I suspect they legally need fenders and I don't like to give anyone a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Boy, that thing looks big when you have something to compare to. You need good tie downs when you slam on the brakes. LOL. If they broke, Would it start up the gooseneck or would the axle hit?
No kidding, the Superduty looks like a toy, and those aren't small trucks! That thing is simply massive.
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #1055 (permalink)

Member # 137042
looks sweet, love seeing unique builds
Danger--Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #1056 (permalink)

Member # 864816
Very cool build!
Niek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #1057 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger--Ranger View Post
looks sweet, love seeing unique builds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niek View Post
Very cool build!

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #1058 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
holly shit that thing is huge
looks nice

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #1059 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
I have been having issues with the transmission heating in the truck since it's been out of the shop. It get's hot after long hard pulls. I was concerned that maybe the torque converter was slipping to much or third gear was slipping. I had previously added an additional cooler that helped some but not enough. So last week I installed a pressure gauge and drove the truck around a little bit and my pressure was good in all gears so I don't think 3rd is slipping. I also looked the coolers over real well with an infrared camera and found out that I was not moving any air through the front stacked cooler. So I have been working on adding some shrouding to the coolers to force air to be drawn through both coolers. It has been a pain in the ass but I think it's turning out okay and should help significantly.

There is another issue with the location of my trans. fan temperature switch setting and location, but that will be easy to remedy.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #1060 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Finished the shrouding for the transmission coolers a couple weeks ago and for Father's Day, me and the boy took it out to the river bar for a couple hours. I ran it pretty hard and the transmission never got over 185*. Pretty happy about it. Problem solved.

But a couple new issues showed up... water pump is going out and the pump can on the front steering pump cracked around the inlet fitting. So nothing major, but will need to be addressed shortly.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2019, 07:53 AM   #1061 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
So what was the result of the cracked can? Just leak, or was there steering issues?

Old 06-19-2019, 06:10 AM   #1062 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Just leaking and making a mess.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:15 AM   #1063 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
i am on my 2nd can.....figured it was a rust belt thing. hmmmm

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

how ya like me now??
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 08:29 PM   #1064 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Hose from reservoir is pretty short and reservoir is attached to shock tower. Hose supplied from PSC is fairly stiff, I got a new can and some silicone hose that is softer than what's there and see how it works. The rear steer pump can has a much longer hose and I've had no issues it with it.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #1065 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Couple weekends ago I had an opportunity to play monster truck during intermission at the local race track. Not sure if the crowd enjoyed it but I had a great time. Was only about 5 minutes or so. My wife got some video but she wasn't in a very good spot. I hit the triple on the motocross track a little to aggressively and bent both rear bump stop pads and damaged one of the bump stops and also managed to break a sway bare arm. Don't know how to embed but here's a link: https://youtu.be/3BOxaSp1shQ
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #1066 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 181868
Cool video. To bad they didn't lock the wheels on those cars.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
wow....

monster truck is fitting.

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

how ya like me now??
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in