91 trail Ranger build - Page 16 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #376 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
3600 on my front........its a fat girl.

are they any better initial drive impression over the old tires?...or can you remember that far back?

for summer use i run the military tires primarily...and shredded quite a few sets.

i am on my second or maybe 3rd...set of yoko i/t winter tires...and those are magnitudes better then the military oz.

my 42's are whooped so the 40 in nittos are on the radar. but damn they are not easy on the wallet.

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #377 (permalink)

Member # 145976
Nice ranger.
Driving your rig on the street i would carry two driveshafts for the rear. Swapping them out before riding sucks but will save you on the ride home.
wheelinxj42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2018, 05:31 AM   #378 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 167342
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelinxj42 View Post
Nice ranger.
Driving your rig on the street i would carry two driveshafts for the rear. Swapping them out before riding sucks but will save you on the ride home.

I will probably retube my old shaft for like 5th time and keep it as a spare. This new shaft has a slightly smaller diameter tube, so that may help save it some in the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywalter View Post
3600 on my front........its a fat girl.

are they any better initial drive impression over the old tires?...or can you remember that far back?

for summer use i run the military tires primarily...and shredded quite a few sets.

i am on my second or maybe 3rd...set of yoko i/t winter tires...and those are magnitudes better then the military oz.

my 42's are whooped so the 40 in nittos are on the radar. but damn they are not easy on the wallet.

These are smoother on the road than the Kevlar MTRs ever were, even when they were brand new. I should get some off-road miles on then here in the next couple weeks, but all I know so far is the sidewall feels bulky in a good way, and they do donuts in the dirt real nice.

He shredded 3 of the military tires. I am very glad we didnít run them too far on the road, they seemed to just disintegrate, they were old though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90FSB View Post
I had a traditional beadlock blow up on the freeway, damn near wrecked the truck. Scared me into buying the BAD wheels I run now. Internal lock system so if locking hardware were to fail you'd keep the bead. When the time comes, consider BAD or Hutchinsons (a friend has them and loves them).

Wow I havenít heard of anyone that has lost a bead on the street with single beadlocks like that, but that has always been my fear. I looked at the BAD wheels and I contacted Hutchinson because those were my #1 wheels I wanted to get, but I just canít swing them in the budget right now. Thanks for the honest info about blowing a bead, I feel like most people are fine on the street on beadlocks, but wouldnít say if they ever had an issue.
grunizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 10:39 PM   #379 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 167342
Just a quick update video with some airborne action and donuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCHpEwwg7xE

Last edited by grunizzle; 12-19-2018 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:54 AM   #380 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunizzle View Post
Just a quick update video with some airborne action and donuts

Link didnt appear but I have superior internetting abilities and found it

Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018, 05:27 AM   #381 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 167342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90FSB View Post
Link didnt appear but I have superior internetting abilities and found it

Thank you, for some reason the video shows up on tapatalk and the mobile site but not on my desktop.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #382 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunizzle View Post
Thank you, for some reason the video shows up on tapatalk and the mobile site but not on my desktop.
I can't stand the enhanced mobile thing and I'm mostly on desktop anyway so that splains my problem.

The videos are good. You guys are naturals!
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #383 (permalink)

Member # 177092
Your weight has me curious how heavy my 5.0L Bronco II is. My tan one weighs right at about 3,900 lbs. with ~2100 lbs. on the front and ~1,800 lbs. on the rear, but the 5.0L one seems a bit heavier on the trailer.

The tire damage looks familiar I did the same thing to my old MT/Rs the last time I ran Narrows. One guy in the group put a hole in the side of one of his brand-new sticky Trepadors.

Last edited by '84 Bronco II; 12-21-2018 at 07:37 PM.
'84 Bronco II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in