Mustang V6 to V8 & Auto to Manual Swap - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #226 (permalink)
FoMoCo MoFo

Member # 79002
Location: My little kingdom of awesome. Near Olympia, Thurston county, Wa
I think you'd have better luck with a vacuum secondary carb.

Quote:
I want everyone to have everything. I want gays to be able to fuck each other in the ass, in the middle of a field of weed while shooting pistols in the air like yosemite sam shouting that there is no god.
Totalled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2016, 08:19 AM   #227 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLBucket View Post
So changing jets didn't make a HUGE difference in eliminating the off idle bog. I'm testing various size power valves now. I started with a step smaller, but that made it worse. One step larger helped a tad, so I'm going even bigger.

There's an absurd amount of conflicting advice on the web regarding a perfect "formula" for determining the size. The best I can extract is that there is no definitive way and every engine is different. So I experiment!
Good deal, sounds like you are getting it dialed in...

The last carb I had on my carb'd combo was a 750 pro-form vac-secondary. Probably too much carb for what I had but it was very forgiving tuning wise.

A bog transitioning to full power is usually a momentary lean condition. A sooner opening PV may help. Don't forget to try playing with accelerator pump shot discharge nozzles and/or accel pump cams too.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 79539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalled View Post
I think you'd have better luck with a vacuum secondary carb.
Maybe on initial tuning, but I'm running a manual transmission and bigger than normal cam. I like the opportunity to fine tune for the performance I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
Good deal, sounds like you are getting it dialed in...

The last carb I had on my carb'd combo was a 750 pro-form vac-secondary. Probably too much carb for what I had but it was very forgiving tuning wise.

A bog transitioning to full power is usually a momentary lean condition. A sooner opening PV may help. Don't forget to try playing with accelerator pump shot discharge nozzles and/or accel pump cams too.
Yep....once I get the nasty bog out I'll be tuning further with jets, nozzles, and cams. Kind of the "fun" of it I guess

Old 08-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #229 (permalink)
FoMoCo MoFo

Member # 79002
Location: My little kingdom of awesome. Near Olympia, Thurston county, Wa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLBucket View Post
Maybe on initial tuning, but I'm running a manual transmission and bigger than normal cam. I like the opportunity to fine tune for the performance I want.
Yeah, but those mustangs are also on the heavy side.

Quote:
I want everyone to have everything. I want gays to be able to fuck each other in the ass, in the middle of a field of weed while shooting pistols in the air like yosemite sam shouting that there is no god.
Totalled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 219275
As stated above try a different cam for the squirters on the secondaries. Get them to open quicker. I run a 650 Holley double pump on my derby cars. Carb has been on everything from a Buick 231, Chevy 305, Chrysler 400, Buick 430 and most recently I have it on a caddy 472. Pretty much each engine has needed a can change to get rid of a stumble, and the 400, 430 and the 472 needed alcohol squirters installed in the secondary ports. They just wanted fuel!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 79539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCrawler View Post
As stated above try a different cam for the squirters on the secondaries. Get them to open quicker. I run a 650 Holley double pump on my derby cars. Carb has been on everything from a Buick 231, Chevy 305, Chrysler 400, Buick 430 and most recently I have it on a caddy 472. Pretty much each engine has needed a can change to get rid of a stumble, and the 400, 430 and the 472 needed alcohol squirters installed in the secondary ports. They just wanted fuel!
Good to know.

My stumble, or seems more like a bog, is right off idle or cruise. It "feels" fine at the point in which I think the secondary is coming in, but I could be wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in