Plan B, F250 build - Page 15 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #351 (permalink)

Member # 708218
Rad support looks really good, and awfully familiar...
Old 05-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #352 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLBILT View Post
Rad support looks really good, and awfully familiar...
thanks man and ya i might have borrowed the idea from your build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #353 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
worked on it abit again, got the front frame bumper section plated and bumper bar and tow hooks on.

cut up the deck a bit and got the fuel cell mounted. added a lower section to the deck and cell sit on it and will have the batteries beside it on the pass side. not really sure how i feel about the top of the cell being higher then the sides of the old deck. for now will run with it

was also able to re do the one front shock mount that i messed up and also took my one air shock apart that was froze. not really sure what happened to the shock but was locked up and took it apart and could not see anything wrong with it. put it back together and moves just fine now so will run it and see if it does it again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #354 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 329665
Nice work, and thanks for keeping the FORD section alive. Once I finish my damn trailer I will start updating again. Pirate seems to be going downhill, and it's builds/people like this that keep it alive. Pirate seems to be going the way of a chit chat forum vs. a build forum.
The Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #355 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brawler View Post
Nice work, and thanks for keeping the FORD section alive. Once I finish my damn trailer I will start updating again. Pirate seems to be going downhill, and it's builds/people like this that keep it alive. Pirate seems to be going the way of a chit chat forum vs. a build forum.
thanks man and its not just the Ford section and pirtate, as even the local forums im on are dead like a hooker in a ditch. not sure if people are just not wheeling or what. i know the PB and password issues have scared a lot of people off but seems like there is still a lot of views on builds just no one replying ect. please keep your bronco build going as not going to lie i go back through it as lots of good into and pics in it when im looking for ideas ect

Old 05-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #356 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 329665
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowracer View Post
not sure if people are just not wheeling or what.
Millenials are taking over. They don't want to work on or build $hit. They just want to install light bars and bolt on accesories.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #357 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brawler View Post
Millenials are taking over. They don't want to work on or build $hit. They just want to install light bars and bolt on accesories.
easy there..............i like light bars

Old 05-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #358 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 329665
Quote:
easy there..............i like light bars
Ya me too...
Old 05-30-2018, 02:37 PM   #359 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
was actually looking at the front of the truck other night after building the bumper bar. was running 2 light bars but now with the new set up im leaning towards only 1 as new bumper bar is taller as front frame section is higher up then the stock frame. am a little worried about air flow as new rad is little smaller then the old one and now with the big block as well. did score a trans cooler from work out of a 11-16 gas super duty and its fucking huge and was thinking of running for my steering cooler as my set up makes a lot of heat. but once again im worried about it blocking to much of the rad as its about the same width and about 6-8" tall.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #360 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 329665
Quote:
did score a trans cooler from work out of a 11-16 gas super duty and its fucking huge and was thinking of running for my steering cooler as my set up makes a lot of heat. but once again im worried about it blocking to much of the rad as its about the same width and about 6-8" tall.
I didn't notice it in the beginning, but recently on longer trail runs my steering seems to run hot, making the steering a little difficult and noisy at times. I noticed it at KOH when running Wrecking Ball. My Steering cooler worked fine until I put my winch right in front of it. Seems like I need to relocate my steering cooler.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #361 (permalink)
jtr
Rock God

Member # 41068
I'm curious......What size is the reservoir?
Old 05-31-2018, 09:31 AM   #362 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtr View Post
I'm curious......What size is the reservoir?
asking about my steering reservoir? the one i built is larger then what comes with a psc kit but think i need a bigger one as my pump moves alot of fluid so thats something i need to do one day. will run it for now as know it works but also know as the day goes on my steering gets less awesome unless i stop and let it cool down

edit: here is a pic of my resi i built and been running.

Last edited by snowracer; 05-31-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:55 PM   #363 (permalink)

Member # 708218
Quote:
as the day goes on my steering gets less awesome unless i stop and let it cool down
What are you running for fluid? I had steering fade on the trail after awhile also, but switched from a generic PS fluid to Amsoil Synthetic and its now a none issue.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:48 PM   #364 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLBILT View Post
What are you running for fluid? I had steering fade on the trail after awhile also, but switched from a generic PS fluid to Amsoil Synthetic and its now a none issue.
im running a hydo pump not a ps pump so just good old aw32 fluid, nothing but the best

Old 05-31-2018, 05:28 PM   #365 (permalink)

Member # 192237
ebay you up a cheap brazed plate heat exchanger, set it up in the heater hose to cool your p/s fluid

If you got a junkyard nearby with lots of VWs, 2006 and up passats got a real nice big aluminum one by the driver's side headlight for a trans cooler.

Just like on an auto trans, adding capacity only really delays the fluid heating up, unless you've got a lot of airflow over the res and it's got a lot more surface area than the previous one.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #366 (permalink)
jtr
Rock God

Member # 41068
Quote:
asking about my steering reservoir? the one i built is larger then what comes with a psc kit but think i need a bigger one as my pump moves alot of fluid so thats something i need to do one day. will run it for now as know it works but also know as the day goes on my steering gets less awesome unless i stop and let it cool down

edit: here is a pic of my resi i built and been running.

Any baffles? I've found a cooler with a dedicated fan plus a LARGE baffled res. Works for my full hydro
Old 06-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #367 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Any baffles? I've found a cooler with a dedicated fan plus a LARGE baffled res. Works for my full hydro
no baffles in my resi but will add some to my next one for sure, do have a fan that would fit my steering cooler but little worried on the draw on the electrical system having a fan on the ps cooler, trans cooler and then the big fan on the rad plus everything else. also know one of my other issues is that the pump im using has a very high GPH rating so might just be moving the fluid to much before it can cool? so might change it out to one with lower rating and that should help as well.

did get the steering cooler mounted last night, can also see that i got the over engine bar back in as well

had my buddy cut out gussets with his logo in them for my front bumper bar as i had to cover up his old logos on the bumper as winch plate messed them up

Old 06-01-2018, 05:34 PM   #368 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
also know one of my other issues is that the pump im using has a very high GPH rating so might just be moving the fluid to much before it can cool?
moving the fluid too fast for it to cool, no
moving more volume than needed causing extra heat, maybe?
If you go too low of volume you'll notice sluggish steering assist at low engine RPM.

if that's similar to how it was mounted before, get some election-sign plastic and make a shroud around the p/s cooler straight back to the radiator core so your radiator fan also draws air through it instead of around it

Last edited by [486]; 06-01-2018 at 05:34 PM.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #369 (permalink)
jtr
Rock God

Member # 41068
You running a 3G alternator? I'm betting it would not care about that load.

Last edited by jtr; 06-02-2018 at 08:01 AM.
jtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #370 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
You running a 3G alternator? I'm betting it would not care about that load.
the stock alternator should be a 3G and i plan on reusing it on the big block, will have to take a look at it and see what amp it is. this weeks project is figuring out the accessory drive

Last edited by snowracer; 06-04-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #371 (permalink)

Member # 41097
Send a message via MSN to mustange70
you have 3 days to get it finished and come play recovery bitch at havoc . . . .
Old 06-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #372 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustange70 View Post
you have 3 days to get it finished and come play recovery bitch at havoc . . . .
man that would be so bad ass but no way id be done in time, would be funny watching my ghetto fab rig pull out some bad ass rigs

also funny you bring that up as just got a txt from buddy saying its only 12 hours each way so we could make it down there for saturday and half of sunday

Old 06-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #373 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
so was looking at my accessory drive last night and might be able to make the stock p/s bracket work. totally forgot that the alternator on the 351 is a side mount so really dont want to have to build a bracket for that. so what are my options on a 3G alternator that is front mount?

edit: just ordered a 130 amp one for a 94/95 mustang

Last edited by snowracer; 06-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #374 (permalink)

Member # 41097
Send a message via MSN to mustange70
Quote:
man that would be so bad ass but no way id be done in time, would be funny watching my ghetto fab rig pull out some bad ass rigs

also funny you bring that up as just got a txt from buddy saying its only 12 hours each way so we could make it down there for saturday and half of sunday

So you're coming then ? I leave tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #375 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustange70 View Post
So you're coming then ? I leave tomorrow.
found out last night 3 buddys are doing the blitz run down there friday night and coming home sunday. they asked if i want to come but just dont think i can do it. if had planned it a little better and little earlier then 4-5 days then id be there for sure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in