Plan B, F250 build - Page 23 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 08:55 AM   #551 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
had to try the ramp out last night, daily kinda sucks and is not a ramp champ thats for sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #552 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
got my rad back from buddy and he did an awesome job and really happy with how it turned out

upper and lower mounts

the lower mount with the rad in it just sat on the top of the frame but wanst quite enough so added some C channel to help take the weight

new tube work. little stronger and better rad protection this time

took everything i had to not just leave the front sheet metal off but spent the time and put it back on. the stock rad support did not fit over the new tube work so had to cut it up. keep the side parts that bolt to the fender and header panel. have it so that i can unbolt it from the tube work and take the fenders of easily

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by snowracer; 05-21-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #553 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
moved my steering resi back a bit so should be better for the feed line, also moved the pressure valve over from the frame to above the pump

have to do the upper mount for the rad still but have a solid plan for it but just waiting for my gasket so i can make sure its spaced correct before doing it

had to cut the crap out of the inside of the hood for it to clear the tube work but just clears now. will have to run hood pins as had to cut the latch out. the header panel with headlights and grille does bolt back on so dont worry as just not there in the pics

Last edited by snowracer; 05-21-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #554 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Just noticed the front winch, that's a Warn feet forward style winch isn't it? How has it held up being mounted like that?
Old 05-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #555 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
Just noticed the front winch, that's a Warn feet forward style winch isn't it? How has it held up being mounted like that?
yes its supposed to be mounted with the 4 bolts forward then 2 down. have seen some other people mount it like i have it and no issues. ive only used it once since swapping it onto the truck. have to run new battery cables as was having some issues when i did use it. its way overkill for the truck and the winch mount was built for a shitybuilt 9500 so know if i did a hard pull that works the 15000 im sure it would bend. hope to never need to pull that hard

Old 06-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #556 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
finished up the rad mount. upper hold down has two plates on both sides that hold it to the tub work with a little downward pressure. have rubber and foam on both top and bottom of rad as well

tossed the old 1350/1410 front drive shaft in as dont have the parts to build a new one yet. pulled it out of the shop and gave it a quick wash as lots of shop dust on it. new ride height is about 1 inch lower then beofe as dont have to air down or pull the suspension down to fit out the shop door now

ran it up the ramp and found out pretty quick that needed to trim more front fender. still just touches the front valance but kinda need it to help hold the plastic header panel together. also touch the firewall on the driver side but not bad enought that i have to do something about it right now. will touch hit the heater box for sure on pass side but will have to just run it as is for now till i can pull that out

ran it back up the ramp and much better, still has more in it as was just about to hit limiting straps but was also about to lift the rear tire

Old 06-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #557 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
went for a quick little test run and everything was working great. new cooling system is awesome as truck just stays at 200-208 no matter how hard i beat on it. need to pull the bypasses apart and play with sims for sure, they are ok for crawling but way to stiff for anything else. have the bypass screws all the way out and still real hard. front seem like they could be a tad firmer when hauling ass. thats easy as have the adjusters all the way open on them. new 4.88 gears are awesome, low range i can crawl and not on the converter trying to get it going. can use high range for faster stuff but can tell its working to take off from dead stop. so think if i do the c6 gear set ill be able to play around in high range and crawl in low and be happy with it. only issue i had was steering still suck at lower rpm once warm. did drop my idle down so made the issue even worse. think im going to try running a smaller pulley to speed the pump up as if i blip the throttle it steers fine. will also add a fan to the steering cooler to help with heat soak as well.

not many pics pics as was just myself and buddy in the Welfare

got denied on a hill coming out of a creek on the way back as was just to muddy and had a hard ledge that i just could not get the back tires up. really need to get my wipers working again as sucks not seeing out the window after a little mud bath. good thing i brought a squeegee with me

so with truck running great and everything seeming good we loaded up sunday morning and headed out of town for a nice sunday cruise. was just going to hit some easy trails and get out and get some seat time. unloaded and blasted some gravel roads and was flying. them ultra 4 boys really need to run cut 44s at 7psi for the go fast stuff as they handle soooooo good hit the trail and was crawling some ditches over rock and down trees and having a blast. stopped to let everyone else catch up and buddy could smell atf. look under the truck and just a steady stream from back of the trans. the bolts for the tail housing adapter had backed off and all finger tight at best. tightened them but still leaking bad, so added some more atf and headed back to the trailer. was maybe 15mins from the trailer so hauled ass back and loaded the truck up. hopped in with buddy and meet back up with everyone.

so have to pull the tcase this week and check it out and hope its just a gasket and put it back together as leave in about 3 weeks for some racing.

Last edited by snowracer; 06-03-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:58 AM   #558 (permalink)

Member # 708218
Welcome to the No Wiper Crew

New stance on the truck is and front rad redo turned out super clean as always
Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 AM   #559 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLBILT View Post
Sounds like a rough weekend of camping
Old 06-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #560 (permalink)

Member # 604297
Quote:
Been debating removing mine and after reading these comments I think I'll keep them there for the time being
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #561 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:

New stance on the truck is and front rad redo turned out super clean as always
best part is i have a real nice Idaho squeegee that i stole out of the Welfare so now you and i can match

Old 06-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #562 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
tossed a power steering pulley for a 4.9 on last night as its smaller so will spin the pump faster. at idle it should be close to 200 rpm faster now so that will help

was able to reuse the same belt as well

also moved my cooler closer to the rad to get more air flow over it, do have a fan that will fit the cooler. started to build mounts for it last night as with cooler moved in i can run it as a pusher and still clear the grille

Last edited by snowracer; 06-05-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #563 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
update time as got lots that has happened in the last month or so. will have to bear with me as might take a bit to get it all up today

added bars from my rad support to the light bar, notched the hood to clear them

cut my front boggers up some more

silver flake steering wheel with quick disconnect

then went and did the Fathers day show and shine in support of my buddies business (the big HMF logo on the hood is his)

Last edited by snowracer; 07-03-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #564 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
loaded up and headed out to Houston BC for the local mud races and obstacle course. had a way bigger turn out this year and even had a mega buggy and a race/trail buggy show up and was some good competition

of course i had to take some beauty shots before the races

buddy with the skinny chevy did a new paint job and it turned out so bad ass

night shots

lining up the next day getting ready to race

Old 07-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #565 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
first run

second run

3rd run dont have any pics from it as everyone was in trucks and missed the action. i over sent it on the first big dirt hill and hung the front tires in the air. when i came down tires where turned and did a few back and forths to correct it but ran out of talent and put it over. when it went over i was still on the throttle and stuffed it into the wall/ground hard

Old 07-03-2019, 04:59 PM   #566 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
both myself and buddy ridding with me where ok and truck fired right up and drove it over to camp. took a look at it and made up my mind not to do my 4th run

only upside to it was that i took home the badass award for thundering my truck in front of everyone

got the truck off the trailer on monday morning and washed it up and took a look over it. cab and front clip where a right off, but the truck otherwise looked good. was real happy about that as had another race the weekend after so only had 4 days to get it ready

A pillar took most of it so window is done, door and roof is pushed down. B pillar is pushed back, and heater box was busted. deleted the heater box, beat the roof back up so door would open and close. jumped on the hood and fender a bunch and beat them back into shape. tossed my last header panel on and bolted it all back together

Last edited by snowracer; 07-04-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #567 (permalink)

Member # 67823
I love this build, and truck.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:10 PM   #568 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Truck looks good with dents.

My Diesel Sport Trac Build

69DieselLover is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #569 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
so after half ass fixing the truck on tuesday i put it back on the trailer and left friday for Tail Creek Mud and Music in Alberta. went with the Welfare and the Skinny Chevy, was about 14 hour drive to get there but we all had a blast. the racing was 2 courses, the in field and then a course that was through the trees and up and down hills ect.

course 1

i straight up donkey kicked the throttle off the line and truck died so lost a bunch of time and then killed cones like crazy so was a shit run

the second course was by far the funniest of the weekend as lots of hills and some sections to wind the truck out and haul ass.

Last edited by snowracer; 07-04-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #570 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
in the back section of the second course was a section that they called the mine field. going in wasnt to bad just a bunch of dirt/mud whoops, coming out was same idea but the whoops where knee deep mud holes. i didnt really look at it before running it to see how bad it was. when i hit it i had backed up and hit it with way to much speed as was wound out in 2nd coming out of it. felt smooth but know it was hard on stuff. lost my air filter in there and buddy in the welfare seen it when he ran after me so i had to go get it and clean it for racing the next day

Last edited by snowracer; 07-04-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #571 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
my air filter after team Welfare drove over it

after racing we went and enjoyed the music part of the event

Old 07-04-2019, 09:23 AM   #572 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
day 2 we ran the second course first and i took it a bit easier as first time i got to much mud on the window and couldnt see anything

Old 07-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #573 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
last run of the weekend on the infield i went way harder then i probably should have. knew i had to make up time from first day cause of the stall and killing cones. also knew they had a hoe there to put my broke ass back on the trailer if needed

this was for sure the high light of the weekend for me, and it was smooth as titties too

when i landed it spit the power steering belt off and and i thought i busted something as had no steering and drove off the course. they gave me the option to fix it and finish but knew my time would suck so just called it there. after everyone was done put the belt back on and drove out

Old 07-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #574 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697

and more music

Old 07-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #575 (permalink)
bf
Granite Guru

Member # 131367
Man that thing puts up with a ton of abuse! I hope you find a 60's cab for it, would look sweet!

and congrats on it holding together, sounds like you got the recipe right now. lol

bf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in