Plan B, F250 build - Page 26 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #626 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 210244
Diggin the LTB's. I wish I could get them for a 20.

My Diesel Sport Trac Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
69DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2019, 10:04 PM   #627 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Good luck with them in the snow, they are crazy stiff.

A few guys around here have grooved them, broke them in a ton and had OK luck

They are by far my favorite sized big tire though.

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 08-13-2019 at 10:06 PM.
YotaAtieToo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #628 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69DieselLover View Post
Diggin the LTB's. I wish I could get them for a 20.
for a tall tire they are a good size, just wish they came in better sizes and not rock hard rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Good luck with them in the snow, they are crazy stiff.

A few guys around here have grooved them, broke them in a ton and had OK luck

They are by far my favorite sized big tire though.
ya not my first choice for a snow tire but cant complain to much when i won them with lots of grooving and about 2psi i think they will do better then the BFG stickies or the cut boggers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #629 (permalink)

Member # 25632
I totally glossed over that you won them

That's pretty awesome, what was the event?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #630 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
I totally glossed over that you won them

That's pretty awesome, what was the event?
won them off Facebook. it was a group buy and raffle deal. guy wants to sell something they post its up with so many spots at said dollar value. once all spots are filled you pay for your spot and then they raffle the item off. so they cost me $50 for my spot then fuel and hotel to go get them so im not even $500 into a set of tires on rims. they have never been run but are about 10 years old so have some weather cracking ect just from sitting.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:54 PM   #631 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Gotcha, I've heard about people trying to do that with higher dollar items that are hard to sell, like buggies. I feel like it would be hard to get people to actually pay when the time comes on some thing like that where you're selling 300-500 tickets at $100 each.

I guess with tires, he's doing more like ~30 tickets at $50. Probably a lot easier to facilitate.

I wonder how long until someone creates an ap to do this. Everyone pays up front, once the desired amount of tickets are sold, it automatically picks a winner. If x amount of time goes by and the ticket slots aren't filled, everyone is refunded.

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 08-14-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #632 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
Gotcha, I've heard about people trying to do that with higher dollar items that are hard to sell, like buggies. I feel like it would be hard to get people to actually pay when the time comes on some thing like that where you're selling 300-500 tickets at $100 each.

I guess with tires, he's doing more like ~30 tickets at $50. Probably a lot easier to facilitate.

I wonder how long until someone creates an ap to do this. Everyone pays up front, once the desired amount of tickets are sold, it automatically picks a winner. If x amount of time goes by and the ticket slots aren't filled, everyone is refunded.
its kinda crazy how fast stuff goes actually. the group im on has done 3 race ready buggys and they uselessly take about a month to sell out. the 47s took 2-3 days to fill up. just did one for smaller items like 4 link kit and dimple die set and sold out in hours and everyone was paid up in 24 hours. its a pretty cool idea and i look at it like ill spend that much on other stupid crap in my life that wont have any pay back haha first time ive ever won anything so kinda nice

Last edited by snowracer; 08-14-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #633 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowracer View Post
its kinda crazy how fast stuff goes actually. the group im on has done 3 race ready buggys and they uselessly take about a month to sell out. the 47s took 2-3 days to fill up. just did one for smaller items like 4 link kit and dimple die set and sold out in hours and everyone was paid up in 24 hours. its a pretty cool idea and i look at it like ill spend that much on other stupid crap in my life that wont have any pay back haha first time ive ever won anything so kinda nice
That's crazy, I would have guessed like 6 MO to a year for the buggies. How much do they normally ask for tickets?

Sounds like it is nice for the seller. No haggling, "will you trade for......" ect

I wonder how long before this is the standard way of selling things.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:21 AM   #634 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
Quote:
That's crazy, I would have guessed like 6 MO to a year for the buggies. How much do they normally ask for tickets?

Sounds like it is nice for the seller. No haggling, "will you trade for......" ect

I wonder how long before this is the standard way of selling things.
i did the last buggy they had up and it was $150 per ticket and 200 spots, it was sold out and done in months time

all my good luck with winning the tires has been counteracted by my bad luck with getting stuff missing parts. first was the wheels missing the hardware, now i just got the rugged radio that i ordered but it only came with 1 head set and no cables to hook them up. they are sending me the rest of the parts just bit of a piss off that its been twice now that ive ordered stuff and gotten it with missing parts ect

Last edited by snowracer; 08-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in