2004 f150 solid axle sawp - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Quote:
Originally Posted by F*** ROADS View Post
The rear axle speed sensor plugged right in, truck was all happy with the rear swap.
I have the ABS fuse pulled and was not really planning on dealing with the fron sensors. But i will let you know if it hooks up or not.
That's cool. Somehow the rear is less surprising to me. I'd be a little surprised if the front plays as nice but curious to hear.
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #52 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
Is the radius arm 1.5" sq tubing? What wall? Any issue with bending? Approximately how long are they?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 501233
The radius arms are made from 2" hss .250 wall. I cannot speak to their strength as of yet, but i will post any issues that may arise.. im not too concerned though, they are not light haha. And, eye to eye the lowers are 40". So the "tube" itself is a bit shorter then that.
F*** ROADS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Quote:
Obligitory weld shotzz... sadly not mine, but courtesy of my good friend poo man.
Poo man because his welds look like shit?

You don't just run a straight line with mig, there is almost no penetration. He needs to do circles or c's.

Edit: professional? On what? Mufflers?
When hamered in i left just over a 1/16th brtween full contact, a chicken s*** weld would get 100% penetration.. i am confident it is more then strong enough.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #55 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Lol you can say, or type as it were, the word shit. All other cuss words are ok as well, with about 2 exceptions haha.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #56 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
Quote:
The radius arms are made from 2" hss .250 wall. I cannot speak to their strength as of yet, but i will post any issues that may arise.. im not too concerned though, they are not light haha. And, eye to eye the lowers are 40". So the "tube" itself is a bit shorter then that.
Did you choose 40" for any reason?
Old 10-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
Quote:
keeping it low as possible was definitly something i was striving for.
Quote:
Obligitory weld shotzz... sadly not mine, but courtesy of my good friend poo man.
look like strong welds in these pics to me

plenty of heat.

th

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
how ya like me now??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
looks like these things are begging for this mod.

88 ranger ext cab p.o.s. hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 inch tires depending on the mission at hand

how ya like me now??
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Haha shit! Good to know! And yea, idk what that dudes problem is. Not beautiful but plenty strong. Some of his welds must have craked....
Also iv always read that you want to keep control arms as long and horizontal as possible. Especially for radius arms. And ~40" put the frame brackets right under/behind the trans crossmember. Most things kinda just had to go where i could fit them
Old 10-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Yup, really crowded. PS pump & steering box.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #61 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
Did you tie the coil buckets together?
Old 10-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 501233
I havent tied the buckets together yet. Though that is something on the list.. would like all the buckets & upper shock mounts tied together with some sort of over engine x-member. Though there is a crossmember i put in between the framerails, that restores some frame rigidity.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Haha shit! Good to know! And yea, idk what that dudes problem is. Not beautiful but plenty strong. Some of his welds must have craked....
Also iv always read that you want to keep control arms as long and horizontal as possible. Especially for radius arms. And ~40" put the frame brackets right under/behind the trans crossmember. Most things kinda just had to go where i could fit them
Take it however you want, the welds are garbage, they are not strong, you have no clue what you are talking about. The fact that you are so confident in them is funny.
YotaAtieToo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Lol dude, the fack that YOU think they are shit is funny. Stop being so butthurt and move along, you are unwanted. I dont care what 1 person on the internet thinks, stop pushing your " ideas" as fact. MIG is not TIG, no stack of dimes here.. plus, you were not present for the weld, you have no idea on, position, technique, welder used, wire size. Fu** off. You are not ading to the tech on this page. MOVE ALONG PLEB.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
I've got a little tech again, you can say fuck as well. The only thing that is frowned upon here, and WILL get you banned are racial slurs.
My whole truck was welded with a lincoln 135 plus lol. It's a 110 volt machine, and i did my beadlocks too, no dead nuns as of yet...
Old 10-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Fucin right ! Lol at the dead nuns
Good to know. Everything welded on this was a miller 220v mig machine. .035 wire
Old 10-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Out of curiosity, did you have any troubles with said welder? Like needing to pre heat, or striking an arc or anything like that?
Old 10-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 25632
I'm not butt hurt, just pointing out the obvious, you seemed to be getting worked up though . You posted on a public forum, if can't handle some criticism, then you might want to try Facebook.

You seriously have no clue about welding, you still need to run a pattern with mig, pretty common knowledge.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #69 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Out of curiosity, did you have any troubles with said welder? Like needing to pre heat, or striking an arc or anything like that?
No pre heat, ever, but it would help with thicker metal. Striking an arc hasn't been an issue unless my ground is bad, or I'm trying to weld on dirty metal. The only trouble I've had with it is the liner came undone at the curve before the handle itself. Since i run. .035 Flux core, i don't need argon, so i pulled the liner out from the handle back to just before the curve, and no issues since, but i do need to reline it, and will once i get a new mig. Thinking of going with a larger machine and plasma cutter if i can find a decent buy both for a percentage off deal.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #70 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 141697
back in post #44 you show the coil buckets and looks the coil have some mad bow to them, is that just the camera angle or are they actually like that? as looks like you are using stock F150 buckets?

snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #71 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:

You seriously have no clue about welding, you still need to run a pattern with mig, pretty common knowledge.
You run a pattern on sheet metal and with spray transfer?

A good hot pass can be done with no weave. It really depends on the welder, the machine, the position, etc. No one size fits all rule here, but I agree with you here, dude should have tied that in a lot better.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
You run a pattern on sheet metal and with spray transfer?

A good hot pass can be done with no weave. It really depends on the welder, the machine, the position, etc. No one size fits all rule here, but I agree with you here, dude should have tied that in a lot better.
OK, you got me there.

I used to work in a shop with 20+ mig welders, I did some time as a welder, but I don't claim to be a "professional" not one of those guys would weld anything over 14g in a straight line.

I also built my whole rig with a 120v mig, with argon, including chopping and rebuilding front and rear frame ends.

Not that any of it matters, OP doesn't want to listen to anyone.

Welcome to pirate cocksucker
Old 10-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #73 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Wink

Quote:
OK, you got me there.

I used to work in a shop with 20+ mig welders, I did some time as a welder, but I don't claim to be a "professional" not one of those guys would weld anything over 14g in a straight line.

I also built my whole rig with a 120v mig, with argon, including chopping and rebuilding front and rear frame ends.

Not that any of it matters, OP doesn't want to listen to anyone.

Welcome to pirate cocksucker
OK, we are not too different in the respect of our rigs. I have to admit, i weaved all my welds together. Lately I've been doing circles, i think they're better, both looking and penatrating.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Stock coil buckets, its a bit of both, there is a bit of a bow to them, really not bad though.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 501233
Lol truly not worked up, just find it funny you seem to care so much... at this point im enjoying wasting your time. I thank all for their input. I respect anyone who doesnt start a post with. Urr weldZz looc liek shit hahalololzz. Anywayyy...
Good news for all. The truck never liked not having the front abs wired hooked up. Already knew this, but was an issue. It would go into limp mode once you went above 80kmh. This is the code that pops up.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in