Time do something with the POS - Bronigo? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Time do something with the POS - Bronigo?

OK,

POS: 68 bronco - GREAT running gear, Body is GONE... Dash, dashpad, inner door panels may be the only body parts salvagable.

This is the post thread from 2005: BroncoFix - New member of the herd: rode hard and put away rusty....

The body hasn't gotten any better....

So, I remember a few threads about a body swap with the Isuzu Amigo.... and I am thinking that may not be a bad idea....

That said, I don't know if I have never been in an Amigo, let alone really looked at one.

Anyone know of a good web write-up on this? Anyone here done it?

Thanks!

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.

Last edited by 71PA_Highboy; 11-19-2017 at 06:15 PM.
71PA_Highboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Bronco people are going to kill you. Do it!

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 803361
Do you have an Amigo hanging around? I bet the dimensions are right and it wouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

On the other hand: not that you asked but I would do a single cab Ranger as it'd be easier to find.

Last edited by holdmypocket; 11-19-2017 at 05:06 PM.
holdmypocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Bronco people are going to kill you. Do it!
If they want to buy me a body I will put a Bronco body on it... Dennis Carpenter is local, so no shipping if someone wants to buy it....

I was discussing this with Coby Hughey back in the mid 90's while I was in Japan.. thought is was a great way to get modern creature comforts in a much more capable rig.

The only thing in this rig that is original is the rust...

No Amigo yet. Trying to get a feel for the years and see which will have the right spacing to make it work.

As for the Ranger cab, I already have one of those... I want the space of a back seat too....

Quote:
This country is trying to childproof the world when they should be worldproofing their children.

Last edited by 71PA_Highboy; 11-19-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
RXT

Member # 493505
Oh Jeeze! You have better options. If you have the money and you want to semi or fully restore the truck, (These things can be pretty valuable) you can find entire fiberglass or full steel bodies. Yes, some are pricey but your resale will be much higher in case you want to sell it later.

A cheaper option? Find a good B2. They have identical track width, and wheelbase.

Ed
Old 11-19-2017, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Read sigs much? I already have a restored one... this one gets beat around the woods for fun.

I don't have a title, the frame vin does not match the body vin and I just want to keep my fat ass inside and dry, and the current body does not provide.

Why do I have to justify not restoring a piece of shit for $25-30K when I want a beater for $2k?

As for the B2 - Had a friend do that and he said it wasn't worth the effort.

I will sell it to you the way it sits for $8K and you can restore it if it is such a good idea...

Quote:
Old 11-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
RXT

Member # 493505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71PA_Highboy View Post
Read sigs much? I already have a restored one… this one gets beat around the woods for fun.
Nope, I read the title, came in to offer suggestions

Quote:
As for the B2 - Had a friend do that and he said it wasn't worth the effort.
And an Amigo swap IS worth it???

Quote:
I will sell it to you the way it sits for $8K and you can restore it if it is such a good idea…
Not for $8K. If the body is totally gone, I'll pay you $800 as is and you deliver it.

Ed

Last edited by RXT; 11-19-2017 at 06:55 PM.
RXT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXT View Post
Nope, I read the title, came in to offer suggestions
So where did I ask for alternate suggestions? I asked for info on the Amigo swap.

Quote:
And an Amigo swap IS worth it???
Didn't say it was, only that the B2 was said to not be worth it.

Quote:
Not for $8K. If the body is totally gone, I'll pay you $800 as is and you deliver it.
Wasn't open to counter offer.

Since you don't know anything about the topic at hand, ie Amigo on a Bronco frame, please stay out of the conversation.

Men are speaking.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2017, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
RXT

Member # 493505
Quote:
So where did I ask for alternate suggestions? I asked for info on the Amigo swap.
So you want info on a body swap using an Amigo, lol! Anything can be done, if you're willing to go thru the effort. I know that the B2 measures out to have identical track width and wheel base. The Amigo probably won't. That means more effort to make it fit. Can be done? yes. Worth the effort? Go ahead and do it and tell us if it's worth it to you. Alternate suggestions are on the house. You see, I hate to see something that might have some use be bastardized and the nice thing about EBs is it's very well supported and it's possible to build one from the ground up and never use an original factory part. So as a suggestion (even though you weren't asking) is a replacement body. You can still have your beater, but it doesn't have to look like one….but thats up to you, after all it's your time and money and it doesn't matter to me either way.

Quote:
Didn't say it was, only that the B2 was said to not be worth it.
Maybe you need new friends, like maybe me. The B2 has more in common with the EB

Quote:
Wasn't open to counter offer.
Thats my offer, you can take it or leave it.

Quote:
Since you don't know anything about the topic at hand, i.e. Amigo on a Bronco frame, please stay out of the conversation.
Sure, I've done a few body swaps, maybe not that exact swap, but I have experience with it in general. Swaps using different bodies on a given chassis aren't always as easy as it sounds and I would rate them at the same level as sticking an engine of another make into a vehicle it never came with. Doable but often full of unforeseen issues and costs.

I'll stay out of this conversation, at your request, but you know it's the sad state of this sport now, when fellow off roaders have to be such . It wasn't that way a couple decades ago. Sure, the Chevy boys would rip on the Ford boys and Ford boys ripped on the Chevy boys, but when someone got stuck, they all threw a snatch cord to a off roader in need. Thats not you, is it.

Ed
Old 11-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
Maybe you need new friends, like maybe me.
I do, because that friend is no longer with us.... He used to be a mod here in the ford forum, so I will take a real wheeler over a web wheeler's advice.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...l#post42339698

Quote:
I'll stay out of this conversation, at your request,
Ed
You neither know me nor have any regard for what I asked, you keep regurgitating your position even though I have indicated I have no desire to take that course.

I, however, will accept, without conditions, your offer to stay out of this conversation.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
RXT

Member # 493505
Quote:
I do, because that friend is no longer with us.... He used to be a mod here in the ford forum, so I will take a real wheeler over a web wheeler's advice.
What web wheeler? Oh! You must be calling me a web wheeler! Perhaps, but then again, I'm not on a forum asking about dropping an Amigo on a EB frame

Quote:
You neither know me nor have any regard for what I asked, you keep regurgitating your position even though I have indicated I have no desire to take that course.
Based on your responses, I wouldn't want to know you. All that you said so far speaks volumes.

As mentioned, what ever I've regurgitated doesn't matter to me one way or the other. You don't desire to take that course, so???

Quote:
I, however, will accept, without conditions, your offer to stay out of this conversation.
So you don't want to sell the EB for $800

Ed

Last edited by RXT; 11-19-2017 at 08:36 PM.
RXT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Im a Ford guy(my biggest fault) I love broncos of all shape and sizes (second biggest?) And I can be a blue purist.

That said, if the body is toast put an Amigo body on it just because. I think the cabs are pretty small though. How tall are you? Dirt head Dave aka Dave Chappelle wheeled one at this years ultimate adventure that was pretty sweet.
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 03:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
DKA Motorsports

Member # 15585
Not at all a Ford purist... But you could still use that bronco body and just hack it up. That's what I've done with my 71 that is comp cut, dovetailed, etc. I'm not a fan of switching bodies to a completely different brand on an EB but that's just me. The B2 idea could be pretty rad... or a 2 door explorer? But they're probably quite a bit wider.
#4909 Ultra4 YXZ1000R UTV
#4659 Ultra4 Jeep Comanche
1994 2 door XJ trail rig
Follow our racing adventures on Instagram
tribal4krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
The early Ford Escapes I always thought would be a fun body swap, they have a longer wheelbase, but you can over come that.
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 208624
VehiCross or bust!

Last edited by 93_Fummins; 11-20-2017 at 09:13 AM.
93_Fummins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Jeep body!!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 213911
Quote:
Originally Posted by welndmn View Post
The early Ford Escapes I always thought would be a fun body swap, they have a longer wheelbase, but you can over come that.
That would be cool.
ironfist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 37866
Rogers "Thing" and another Bronco II on EB running gear. I'm in the search right now for a Bronco II to flat tow behind my Class A motor home will more than likely get a EB grille since I have a stack of four of them out in the Barn
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 37866
Or you say fawk the body and weld a F-Toy onto the Bronco frame like I did.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal4krawler View Post
Not at all a Ford purist... But you could still use that bronco body and just hack it up. That's what I've done with my 71 that is comp cut, dovetailed, etc. I'm not a fan of switching bodies to a completely different brand on an EB but that's just me. The B2 idea could be pretty rad... or a 2 door explorer? But they're probably quite a bit wider.
I was going to suggest the 2 door Explorer. No idea the wheel base on them as compared to the Bronco though.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicbronconut View Post
Rogers "Thing" and another Bronco II on EB running gear. I'm in the search right now for a Bronco II to flat tow behind my Class A motor home will more than likely get a EB grille since I have a stack of four of them out in the Barn
Thanks for a pic of Roger's ride!

Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Pavement Challenged

Member # 73465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sicbronconut View Post
Or you say fawk the body and weld a F-Toy onto the Bronco frame like I did.
I am liking that idea... Where did you get the F-toy frame from?

Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 37866
Quote:
I am liking that idea... Where did you get the F-toy frame from?
Hendrix motorsports out in California I bought it when I was still living down in Farmington NM.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 716946
I vote sportrac body swap
1975f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2017, 07:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 113567
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975f100 View Post
I vote sportrac body swap
This! I've been dieing to see a capable SAS'd sport trac. A 44 or 60. Seen a few with D35's and while cool, a little too small on 33's for my tastes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in