List of super duty builds - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2019, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,907
List of super duty builds

After loosing my 4runner and recently having a 3rd kid (all in car seats for a while) I'm tempted to just go full size. It's a horrible idea for the wheelin we have around here, but I guess it's just an extra challenge right

Leaning towards a V10 superduty since they come with such a solid drivetrain and chassis, but can still be had cheap since so many are being retired from work.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding superduty builds on here, maybe we can get a list going.

Welfare Duty

2005 F550 Trail rig

Ultimate superduty (first superduty crawler build?)

part 1

part 2

Part 3?

part 4

recap

Ultimate ranch truck (ultimate superduty rebuild)

Aticles aren't clearly labeled, might be out of order.

Part 1

part 2

part 3

Part 4?

part 5

part 6

Ultimate super dirty

part 1

part 2

part 3

Part 4?

part 5

SuperCrawler

Old Army's crew cab

Duty Calls' Excursion with 44 boggers

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 01-03-2019 at 10:21 AM.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Member # 208306
Location: Jefferson So OR (The liberal beltway)
Posts: 2,677
Why not an Excursion ?
Valley Rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Rock View Post
Why not an Excursion ?
Trying to get 2 side windows past trees is hard enough

I cut my 4runner into a sealed 4 door truck and liked it much better. We do a lot of snow runs, so having a bed separate from the cab is nice to throw we straps, shovels, ect. Plus it's less weight.

I'm contemplating an extra cab to save some wheel base. I'd have to put the car seats in one to see if it would work without being completely cramped. Ot sure how the suiside door setup would like being wheeled, they already are kinda loose on high mileage trucks.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
arickvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member # 188882
Location: Oakley CA
Posts: 232
ultimate ranch truck (the further evolution of the ultimate superduty)

lots of different "parts" to the build, you'll have to do some searching to see all the tech and parts

2009 Ultimate Adventure 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty Fabrication - 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
arickvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God
 
snowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141697
Location: Great White North aka BC Canada
Posts: 2,188
House of Diesel's Supercrawler was one of my favorites back in the day

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford...t-updates.html

old army's crew cab build

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford...pe-thread.html
__________________
PLAN-B F250 on 44s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowracer View Post
House of Diesel's Supercrawler was one of my favorites back in the day

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford...t-updates.html

old army's crew cab build

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford...pe-thread.html
Added!

I've seen the super crawler in person, it seemed like more of a show rig at the time. I guess it got used at some point!

Old army was trying to get me to buy his rig, I haven't seen his build thread yet. Thanks.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 143737
Location: NH
Posts: 2,343
What about the single cab SD with the 6", bushwacker hack outs, and 44s? Got parted for an Excursion IIRC? Can't remember the builder
__________________
POS Ranger on narrow 3/4 tons with a 357w noise maker
posford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
What about the single cab SD with the 6", bushwacker hack outs, and 44s? Got parted for an Excursion IIRC? Can't remember the builder
His truck came up on Google images, but I can't find a pirate link.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God
 
snowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141697
Location: Great White North aka BC Canada
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
His truck came up on Google images, but I can't find a pirate link.
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford...-build-up.html
__________________
PLAN-B F250 on 44s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God
 
snowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141697
Location: Great White North aka BC Canada
Posts: 2,188
know there is a build thread around here for this one i just cant seem to find it right now

2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Flat Black Phoenix - Four Wheeler
__________________
PLAN-B F250 on 44s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God
 
snowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141697
Location: Great White North aka BC Canada
Posts: 2,188
almost forgot about this one 03f350

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford...350-build.html
__________________
PLAN-B F250 on 44s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snowracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 11:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 11,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Trying to get 2 side windows past trees is hard enough

I cut my 4runner into a sealed 4 door truck and liked it much better. We do a lot of snow runs, so having a bed separate from the cab is nice to throw we straps, shovels, ect. Plus it's less weight.

I'm contemplating an extra cab to save some wheel base. I'd have to put the car seats in one to see if it would work without being completely cramped. Ot sure how the suiside door setup would like being wheeled, they already are kinda loose on high mileage trucks.
I personally love the idea of a flat bed, especially for anything you may use on the street. Get the cab corner past it and don't worry about the rest. I'm going flat bed like the '69 Cummins powered F-250 that has a thread in here somewhere if my original loses shape any time soon.

But yeah, it's hard to beat these things as cheap as they're starting to get. V10 makes good enough power, 5R110 is a good transmission, and D60/10.5 with disc brakes is pretty hard to beat.

You'll probably burn as much fuel as a 5.4 on and offroad anyway so I'd hold out for a V10 unless a 5.4 truck is just too cheap to pass up. Brother and I figured that out pretty quick researching the vans.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
I personally love the idea of a flat bed, especially for anything you may use on the street. Get the cab corner past it and don't worry about the rest. I'm going flat bed like the '69 Cummins powered F-250 that has a thread in here somewhere if my original loses shape any time soon.

But yeah, it's hard to beat these things as cheap as they're starting to get. V10 makes good enough power, 5R110 is a good transmission, and D60/10.5 with disc brakes is pretty hard to beat.

You'll probably burn as much fuel as a 5.4 on and offroad anyway so I'd hold out for a V10 unless a 5.4 truck is just too cheap to pass up. Brother and I figured that out pretty quick researching the vans.
Who says I would worry about a sheet metal bed?

Body damage is not a concern, especially on a fullsize





I really like a full factory bed, but I do also like a functional flat bed. One with boxes and places to put things.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Safety third!
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 11,335
Body damage is cool to a lot of folks but the older I get, and the more stupid looking most vehicles get, I cringe watching anything get crumpled anymore. Personal choice. I have a truck full of dents but no major body damage. I try to keep it minimal if I can.

Of course, I don't have a dedicated rock crawler either. It's a wheeler/work truck. I might change my mind for a $500 POS with zero sentimental value.
__________________
-Dave

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Member # 711425
Location: Shuswap BC
Posts: 93
In regards to body damage, if I were to do a full-size rig I wanted to get a 2nd set of panels for the doors and high impact areas, trim them a bit and use the high strength autobody adhesive to build sort of a laminate armor and stop a lot of the smaller dents.
Scoobynorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
mj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 1919
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 9,274
I am looking for full size rear link suspensions.
anyone have some good links saved?
mj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 08:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
YotaAtieToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25632
Location: Magalia, Jefferson State
Posts: 11,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Body damage is cool to a lot of folks but the older I get, and the more stupid looking most vehicles get, I cringe watching anything get crumpled anymore. Personal choice. I have a truck full of dents but no major body damage. I try to keep it minimal if I can.

Of course, I don't have a dedicated rock crawler either. It's a wheeler/work truck. I might change my mind for a $500 POS with zero sentimental value.
For me it's just a "pay to play", a casulty of wheelin. The whole point of wheelin is to have fun, and its more fun when you don't have to worry about body damage. I don't do it on purpose because it looks cool. I still tried to keep it sealed, notice all the glass intact Most of the damage on that 4runner was from winter wheelin actually. Even that little 4runner is too big for a lot of that around here.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.