01 f350 tie rod upgrade - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 67823
01 f350 tie rod upgrade

I DD an 01 f350 diesel. I don't think I'm particularly abusive. I don't "wheel" it, but it does get put in 4wd regularly and have to get through some mud and/or ruts, and spends time on blast rock logging roads. I'm aware that it's not a race car, and don't drive it like it's one. Its leveled, on 255/85R16 toyo m55s. The raccoon population in my area is pretty high, but as far as I know, they are not responsible for my issues.
Today when we got home, driving my wife's car, I noticed that my tie rod is, for the third time, looking pretty sad. No scarring or anything on the bottom like I cranked a rock, but it has a solid 3/4" bend in it.

Is there a good aftermarket tie rod that's stronger than factory replacements? Should I just sleeve the next new one? Other solutions?
Old 12-03-2019, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 67823
Well, due to overwhelming response and options, I'm gonna hammer a sleeve over it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in