Anybody got a Crewcab Ford with 14" of lift? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2002, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 10984
Anybody got a Crewcab Ford with 14" of lift?

I have some questions for anybody who's done a 14" or more lift on a crewcab 90's-ish ford. Like, did you have to change drive shaft angles, front and rear.
14AVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2002, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 10990
Send a message via AIM to oletater Send a message via Yahoo to oletater
welcome newbie
lmfao newbie versus newbie bashing..
anyways yeah 14" of lift, pinion angle yeah i'll say you will.. hmm i haven't done it and that is a ridiculously high lift... show truck?

Last edited by oletater; 03-31-2002 at 07:43 PM.
oletater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2002, 08:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 10984
Show truck? No, I just wanted a badass lift, something bigger than the average. Unfortunately I am already starting to realize I made it too big. When I was researching how high I wanted to go, I looked at a lot of picts of my truck, most had 10" lifts on them. So I figured 10" of lift will be fine. It will sit on top of 40" tires. So I order springs that will raise my truck 10" higher from where it is now. The problem is, people call that a 14" lift, because I'm keeping my rear 4" block (street truck, never will haul stuff). That means a factory 1 ton comes with a 4" lift on the back, I never understood that. So, at $100 an inch (pair), you are already at $400 to keep the truck at factory hieght w/o blocks. Anyways, at 10" of lift, people told me it would be easy to lift, now I'm at 14" and I think it will be a bitch to make drive smooth.

Old 04-01-2002, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 10990
Send a message via AIM to oletater Send a message via Yahoo to oletater
ok

well if the aftermarket springs don't compensate for the rear lift block, then do a shackle flip and use an add-a-leaf if you still sag in the ass. who are you buying your lift from? If all else fails try
http://tellico.off-road.com/ubbthrea...cks&PHPSESSID=
oletater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2002, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 1802
Send a message via AIM to emsoffroad
10" of lift and 40" tires or 14" of lift and 40" tires Just to put it in perspective, I have an 86 F-350 with 6" skyjacker. I run 38.5 with no problem. Since you want to use a 90's style truck. You can fit 40" with the 6" lift, cause the front fenders are more open in the front. 6" with cut outs will fit 42s nice. Just a thought. And mine is a pain in the ass for the girl to climb into. Jumping up to get in your truck gets old fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emsoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2002, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 10984
I mean 14" of suspension lift. I have a pair of National springs with 14" lift sitting in my garage waiting to go on my truck but now I'm having second thoughts. It would be 14" if I used my rear blocks, but now I'm thinking of not using the blocks and ordering new front springs, I'll end up with a 10" lift. So, it's a big pain getting in and out of the truck huh? is it your daily driver? I'm afraid such a lift will get old as well, but its only my part time truck. I found some guy selling his 97 f350 with a14" lift, I'm going to go check it out and take pictures soon.

Last edited by 14AVIEW; 04-05-2002 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 3830
Several years ago I used to own a '95 F350 CC PSD 4x4. I was for the most part a playtoy/mud truck/weekend cruiser. At one point I had 10" National Springs front and rear. The rear also had an inverted shackle which was good for about 5" of lift. The front had a custom crossmember/shackle reversal that resulted in just under 5" of lift. The front axle was moved the 2.5" forward and the stock front driveshaft was lengthed 4". The rear shaft had a custom one piece design.

Probably the best mod on the truck was a swapped in D80 so it could run some decent gears (5.13's) for the 44's I was turning. The front axle was a cut and turned (only a few degrees can't recall how much) stock D60 with 5.13's and a Detroit as well. At the time the lowest you could get for the stock Sterling rear was 4.56's.
Zukster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2002, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 29
I can't believe you are even asking this question. You are wasting your time and money by throowing such a massive lift on a truck. I see them around the bay area all the time, and I can't help but laugh. I like the look of a lifted truck on some 38's or even up to 44's, as long as the tires fit the lift. With 14" of lift, the 40's are gonna look SMALL, and it will look

Dimitri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FJ40 crawler, 2006 F250 for tow duties
Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2002, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 10984
No way, the illusion of lift is greatly dependent on wheel well space. It's all a matter of taste though, I have some picts of 40" tires with big lifts I'll try and post em.

Last edited by 14AVIEW; 04-07-2002 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 10984
Dang, Anybody wanna help me out on this one? I cut and pasted a URL from "my moment of fame" website, it should work, right?

I'll try again....
Old 04-08-2002, 05:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 1587
Quote:
Originally posted by Flatty
I can't believe you are even asking this question. You are wasting your time and money by throowing such a massive lift on a truck. I see them around the bay area all the time, and I can't help but laugh. I like the look of a lifted truck on some 38's or even up to 44's, as long as the tires fit the lift. With 14" of lift, the 40's are gonna look SMALL, and it will look

Dimitri
must be a cali thing, on my many trips to vegas we see tons of just ridiculously lifted excursions and pickups. What can these trucks do other than ride extremely uncomfortably around the city? Take one of them wheelin and its gonna tumble down the hill. To each his own i guess, my advice if any, is to find a very good driveline place...cause you're going to have serious vibration problems.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 11206

do you think any of these fag wagons have ever seen dirt?

Last edited by steevil; 04-10-2002 at 11:36 AM.
steevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in