89' F-150 rebuild. - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #101 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
No real updates on the rig... But I did run the Mud run at the local fair.

Raced my Bronco in sportsman class(the lowest one), and ended up with a 3rd out of 15, not bad for just a stock 200K 5 speed bronco with lockers and 34x9's.

The truggy ended up in "outlaw bog" class, because of the 4 link.. Basically an anything goes class. I ended up with a 4rth, and a 4.6 second pass, first was 3.6 seconds, and the three trucks that beat me were all trucks that normaly run superstock(38x11's and 600hp)

I was VERY happy with how it ran for a stock 170K mile fuelie 460.. I dumped the clutch at 4K in 2nd gear low, and it turned 6K all the way through..

https://youtu.be/7p3W0N-PpOo
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2019, 07:52 AM   #102 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 861326
No after pics with all the mud adding weight to the trailer? lol
Old 09-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #103 (permalink)

Member # 13654
love this build thread, thank you

You need more triangulation and mud is for mullets

What headers are you running?

Last edited by LeviGarrett76; 09-05-2019 at 09:24 AM.
LeviGarrett76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #104 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
Quote:
Originally Posted by landen300 View Post
No after pics with all the mud adding weight to the trailer? lol
I shoulda took some.. 2 tanks of gas in the pressure washer to clean them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviGarrett76 View Post
love this build thread, thank you

You need more triangulation and mud is for mullets

What headers are you running?
headman efi headers, modified somewhat to clear the driveshaft, and for non Y-pipe usage.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #105 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
Small lame update..

I hauled it down to Howies mudbog over labor day weekend. Good times, I thought about entering the Mud rythem Hill n' Hole race, but opted against it because I would like to dial the shocks in a bit more first(that and staying sober till 5:30pm would be tough)

Truck ran great, untill the water pumped puked. Being that I have to pull the front of the motor apart do a water pump, I'm tossing a Lunati voodoo 61600 in it as well. Others have reported good gains with it, so we will see..

The lockrite started skipping in the front again as well, so looks like its Detroit time..

Also, the superduty killed a CPS on the way home on the freeway in holiday weekend traffic.. I thought I had a spare in the glove but, but didn't.. The best lessons are hard learned I guess.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #106 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod-13 View Post

Truck ran great, untill the water pumped puked. Being that I have to pull the front of the motor apart do a water pump, I'm tossing a Lunati voodoo 61600 in it as well. Others have reported good gains with it, so we will see..

The lockrite started skipping in the front again as well, so looks like its Detroit time..

Also, the superduty killed a CPS on the way home on the freeway in holiday weekend traffic.. I thought I had a spare in the glove but, but didn't.. The best lessons are hard learned I guess.
What are the specs on the motor otherwise? Still speed density?

After trying an ARB myself and seeing others expirement with various other things I've been a Detroit fan for years. Running a Yukon grizzly front in my 60 and love it.

Those 7.3s will do that... I always carry a CPS just for that reason.
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #107 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90FSB View Post
What are the specs on the motor otherwise? Still speed density?

After trying an ARB myself and seeing others expirement with various other things I've been a Detroit fan for years. Running a Yukon grizzly front in my 60 and love it.

Those 7.3s will do that... I always carry a CPS just for that reason.

Otherwise totally stock, speed density. Others online have ran the 61600 with good results on stock efi. I'll move the IAT sensor to the airbox to fatten it up, and might end up putting a adjustable fpr on it.

I also found that it has e7te heads, and not f3te's... which means at some point either the heads, or whole engine was changed..
Old 09-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #108 (permalink)

Member # 120478
Quote:
Otherwise totally stock, speed density. Others online have ran the 61600 with good results on stock efi. I'll move the IAT sensor to the airbox to fatten it up, and might end up putting a adjustable fpr on it.

I also found that it has e7te heads, and not f3te's... which means at some point either the heads, or whole engine was changed..
Will be interested to hear your impressions on a basically stock engine.
Dan90FSB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2019, 04:39 AM   #109 (permalink)

Member # 13654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan90FSB View Post
Will be interested to hear your impressions on a basically stock engine.

Same here

Nice headers, look like they flow well.

Slap a motorcraft cps in there if you havent already, keep other as spare. they seem to be sort of like ford icm's, most are junk..

Good looking ride
Old 09-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #110 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
Quote:
Same here

Nice headers, look like they flow well.

Slap a motorcraft cps in there if you havent already, keep other as spare. they seem to be sort of like ford icm's, most are junk..

Good looking ride
I'm fairly happy with them, they are kinda a coldwater blacksmith worked header, as they need to clear a cast iron 400M bellhousing, with a 5/8" spacer, and a homebrew slave cylinder setup. I figure the slightly kinked tubes are offset by the 3" snort pipes and "almost mufflers", I had 3 sets of panties hanging on my mailbox that night after I fired it up for the first time, so the neighbors must agree..

As for the CPS, it had a gray one in it, and it now has VatoZone Gray one in it.. The spare that I thought was in my glove box was a ford black one, if I can find that, I'll put it in, otherwise I'll order a IH blue one.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #111 (permalink)

Member # 13654
Quote:
I'm fairly happy with them, they are kinda a coldwater blacksmith worked header, as they need to clear a cast iron 400M bellhousing, with a 5/8" spacer, and a homebrew slave cylinder setup. I figure the slightly kinked tubes are offset by the 3" snort pipes and "almost mufflers", I had 3 sets of panties hanging on my mailbox that night after I fired it up for the first time, so the neighbors must agree..

As for the CPS, it had a gray one in it, and it now has VatoZone Gray one in it.. The spare that I thought was in my glove box was a ford black one, if I can find that, I'll put it in, otherwise I'll order a IH blue one.

did the panties tear the chrome off your mirrors when you took them off?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #112 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
Quote:
did the panties tear the chrome off your mirrors when you took them off?
damn right!
Old 09-27-2019, 09:59 PM   #113 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 17313
I finaly got around to putting the BBK adjustable FPR on it, set to 45psi, it seemed to make a big difference on the big end, it pulls hard to 5K now, and helped all across the rpm range. Personally I thought the bottem end was more than ample before, but wanted a bit more rpm range from it. Now it's almost silly in from 1200 up.. It reminds me of when I was driving truck back in college... Let the clutch out on a 3406B cat @120K lbs, and you swear it lifts the left front tire... It's a shame ford didn't cam them this way from factory..

I drove my 95' f-350(stock aside from a good 3" exhaust) to get some lumber today, the difference is quite remarkable... Sadly I'm now inclined to put a cam/springs/headers on my plow truck..
Old 09-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #114 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 861326
Quote:
Sadly I'm now inclined to put a cam/springs/headers on my plow truck..
Seems like the only logical thing to do Possum!
Old 10-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #115 (permalink)

Member # 13654
Quote:
I finaly got around to putting the BBK adjustable FPR on it, set to 45psi, it seemed to make a big difference on the big end, it pulls hard to 5K now, and helped all across the rpm range. Personally I thought the bottem end was more than ample before, but wanted a bit more rpm range from it. Now it's almost silly in from 1200 up.. It reminds me of when I was driving truck back in college... Let the clutch out on a 3406B cat @120K lbs, and you swear it lifts the left front tire... It's a shame ford didn't cam them this way from factory..

I drove my 95' f-350(stock aside from a good 3" exhaust) to get some lumber today, the difference is quite remarkable... Sadly I'm now inclined to put a cam/springs/headers on my plow truck..
But your probably killing trees and small children with the pollution now.

Hell yea youd be stupid not to do that to the plowtruck

Id like to richen up my 4.9 efi some. they already have higher fpr from factory.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in