Shinneyboo rave music, creek is still high and I lost a mud flap - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Fordyce Creek
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Shinneyboo rave music, creek is still high and I lost a mud flap

Camped at pierce last night and barely slept because shinneyboo was hosting another rave or something but it was fawking ridiculous. I had such a hard time getting the kid to sleep. Yes we had a bunch of rigs drive by all night but thanks dudes for turning the beats down and just cruising by. Also I lost one of my removable mudflaps somewhere and tried to find it but no luck. Good trip over all first crossing was deep so we didn't cross.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
kdub0013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 216451
That music was going all night long. I think we were camping by you. Green 4runner? That thing is sick! I lost my go pro up there somewhere also! The first water crossing was pretty knarly. Water was up to my hood.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhafied View Post
That music was going all night long. I think we were camping by you. Green 4runner? That thing is sick! I lost my go pro up there somewhere also! The first water crossing was pretty knarly. Water was up to my hood.
Yeah that was me. Supposed to be a nice relaxing first trip for my daughter and the sleep part was Hell. Thanks just traded my truck on tons for it. And thanks for just idling by our tent and not flying by with music blaring. Sucks about the go pro dude. Folks out there are pretty good about finding stuff and then posting it on here. I didn't see anything on my way out and I was looking for my mud flap. Hope that turns up.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE

Old 08-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 21150
Send a message via AIM to DontStall_RockCrawl
Yeah that music was retarded loud. Last night one of our buddies went and found the rave. Said over 200 people and a bunch of dirty hippies
DontStall_RockCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
It kept getting loud and then quiet and just as I'd doze off bam screaming tweakers and a dj. I guess now it's called stone bear river camp or something. The facebook page screams drugs and hippies

EDIT: it's more like a burning man camp

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE

Last edited by kdub0013; 08-19-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 35485
We were camped there this weekend also. You passed us by the bathroom, we were walking our dogs.
There are some weird people wandering around that place. At least they didn't try to deny me access to Pierce OHV this time like they did a few weeks ago.
We just used ear plugs and adult beverages and slept great!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
We were camped there this weekend also. You passed us by the bathroom, we were walking our dogs.
There are some weird people wandering around that place. At least they didn't try to deny me access to Pierce OHV this time like they did a few weeks ago.
We just used ear plugs and adult beverages and slept great!
Oh yeah I remember you guys. I would have had more adult beverages but having the baby there I needed to be of sound mind usually I would have passed out and slept right through it I must say it was interesting sitting around a lantern instead of a camp fire. Funny you mention the access as we left at 7am sunday I was going to take that route but didn't want to run into that gaggle fawk up there and have some burnout telling me I couldn't pass, we just wanted out of that canyon at that point.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
Old 08-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 6170
What is this rave place? I'm assuming its on private property?

Its been awhile since I've been up there.

Kevo
Ghetto Fab. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 145198
Three of my friends, on three different occasions had that same rave party ruin their family campouts also. Its been going on since spring. My friends and I all visit Fordyce frequent and once in awhile like to enjoy a quiet campout with the wife and kids. The family spot used to be Peirce OHV, but my family isn't into tripping out and partying until dawn, so I guess we'll need to go elsewhere. Bummer.

Last edited by Tadlock; 08-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Tadlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Fab. View Post
What is this rave place? I'm assuming its on private property?

Its been awhile since I've been up there.

Kevo
It's the cabins at the end of eagle lakes past the indian springs trail head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadlock View Post
Three of my friends, on three different occasions had that same rave party ruin their family campouts also. Its been going on since spring. My friends and I all visit Fordyce frequent and once in awhile like to enjoy a quiet campout with the wife and kids. The family spot used to be Peirce OHV, but my family isn't into tripping out and partying until dawn, so I guess we'll need to go elsewhere. Bummer.
yeah dude it sucks. It's such a peaceful family area to camp and relax but with that music blasting all night it's impossible to enjoy your self. The first challenge was getting my 13 month old to fall asleep then the wife and I dozed off here and there. They started up again at 6am and I was so pissed I packed up immediately and left. The only reason we did not leave that night is because I had a couple beers at camp and wasn't going to drive home. Truly an awful experience.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 53528
you guys looking for a peaceful camping place near fordyce should just head on out to fordyce lake, we pretty much always camp there while at fordyce because not many ppl around and we can drive the tow rigs in that are full of spare parts for when we break. great place and very close to some good wheelin
rockyota83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
We will try that. I've only driven through to hit committee. The wife said damn we should have just stayed at first crossing. it was quiet down there.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
Old 08-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 117348
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub0013 View Post
We will try that. I've only driven through to hit committee. The wife said damn we should have just stayed at first crossing. it was quiet down there.

It was! We camped on the beach Friday night and didn't see one other rig all night

1969/2012 Landcruiser FJ40 5.3, 4sp Atlas, 60s, 110"WB, ect...
DoubleXL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
A friend/fellow club member (who isn't on here), had the same expierence a few months ago...

He was camping with his wife & 8yo daughter near Pierce.
Didn't sleep at all.

When they left at 8 or 9am, he made sure they heard his Train Horn every minute or so.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 347
Cool to see consideration between 4x4 folks... I like tunes as much as the next person (and let's face it, some songs NEED high volume), but turning 'em down as you roll past a campsite is good manners.

As for Shinneyboo Returns: The Rave, it seems to me that they'd have to follow the same rules as everyone else *or* get a permit, so maybe a little research is in order? We OHV-ers can be good neighbors, still, that goes both ways.

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
"All Weeee Drive!"

Member # 6450
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/fordy...val-trail.html
Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Yeah I'm livid about it. If we have to follow rules then so do they. I didn't go to war to come back and coward down to these liberal tree hugging drug addicts. enough of our freedoms are being taken away from us by the Karen schambachs of this country and it makes me sick. If we had music cranked and partied all night down at the river, the compound up the hill would have called the Leo for sure. I'm game. if all my extra energy goes too stopping these tweaking drug addict peace loving liberal fawks then I'm down. I'm more of a fighter then thinker so hopefully someone with a little more brain power than someone like me who blew things up can point me in the right direction. I'm bringing this up with my club because this can't happen every weekend. I have honestly had 3 separate texts today alone about this crap happening up on hill. We need to take a stand. I'm calling the county tomorrow to find out as well as the Leo. If anyone cares to join lets do it.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 139150
same shit happened to us last year........
'Boo just doesn't get it. he's going broke catering to the wrong people. he seems to severely dislike us (wheelers) but yet if he would just open up to us he would problably make a decent living. but he's elitist. looks down his nose.

someone needs to get some Eagles to nest near there so that he would be violating several laws by holding the 'music fest'.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 128321
.01 -

Regarding the rights of campers; generally, the right to peaceful enjoyment and privacy are not protected for use related to camping, as opposed to residential use. Though the FS may regulate noise originating from use in the Forest, they will likely not engage noise originating on private property.

Based upon previous threads, if these activities are originating from "Recreation" zoned property, there is likely a county Special Use Permit requirement for this type of business pursuit. Once a year, you may get away with it, but I would doubt that the county would allow it to go on as a regular use.

Filing a complaint as a sleepless camper, probably will not get it resolved; health and safety, traffic, etc.., or a mindful hippie hating bureaucrat is where it's at.

All night music on the trail, kind of ironic. The world - it is a changing.

Good luck.
cjcraig7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 23499
Send a message via ICQ to IceWolf
You folk's need to contact [email protected] and file a formal complaint he is looking for all the info he can get. or call him at 530-470-2746.

SOME GAVE ALL!!!!!!!
IceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
You folk's need to contact [email protected] and file a formal complaint he is looking for all the info he can get. or call him at 530-470-2746.
I will call him tomorrow. I've already got a wealth of knowledge in just 2 days. I don't mind being reasonable and sharing the wilderness but it must be done with respect. My daughter will experience what I did as a young lad in the sierra nevadas and we won't stop because of certain folks. Thanks.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
Old 08-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 23499
Send a message via ICQ to IceWolf
No problem, i went throught the same thing in july music at concert level from 7pm to 8 am. i believe he has the speaker on a rotating system,when there is no rave he just plays the music.

SOME GAVE ALL!!!!!!!
IceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 34516
I guess I should stick to Fordyce. I was on the Rubicon this past weekend and the night time music was terrible. People playing loud music until 0200 on Friday and until after midnight on Saturday night.

The train horn Saturday night was a nice touch as well.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Quote:
No problem, i went throught the same thing in july music at concert level from 7pm to 8 am. i believe he has the speaker on a rotating system,when there is no rave he just plays the music.
Rotating speakers that is exactly what it sounded like. They are a helluva setup though to be that loud across the canyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hoursofNevada View Post
I guess I should stick to Fordyce. I was on the Rubicon this past weekend and the night time music was terrible. People playing loud music until 0200 on Friday and until after midnight on Saturday night.

The train horn Saturday night was a nice touch as well.
Trust me idiots on the trail blasting their music as they roll through late at night is nothing compared to this nightmare up at stone bear river camp.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE
Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
FOF

Member # 103588
Quote:
I just emailed him and also sent him the links to these threads. I am going to find any more mentioning of this gaggle up on the hill and see who I can get to speak up about it.

FRIENDS OF FORDYCE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in