Dana 60 Knuckle Questions??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2003, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13410
Send a message via ICQ to TJ Fan Send a message via AIM to TJ Fan Send a message via Yahoo to TJ Fan
Dana 60 Knuckle Questions???

Okay, I have searched to no avail and have been trying to buy a set(GM knuckles)with no luck. We have a project underway that will hopefully take care of some supply and demand issues shortly .
I need the bolt pattern(bolt circle) for the spindle mounting studs on a GM/Dodge Dana 60 kingpin knuckle. Just to double check also, what size and length(stick out) are the 6 studs? Besides from that difference for the spindle mount bolt circle...the knuckles are identical to Ford units in size and dimension as far as anyone knows, correct? Thanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 330-549-9082
Custom Axles, CNC Machining (Vertical, Horizontal and Lathe Work), Welding and Bending

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2003, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 1926
Might want to check ebay. I've seen knuckles and other Dana 60 parts on there.

Charles
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2003, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 1108
Email me at home: [email protected]

I have mine all torn apart right now (91 Chebby 60) and it'll be easy to check for ya. Can shoot you pics too.

Old 01-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 2587
Location: 38*45.859N 120*34.534W (N. Ca) Future location of beachfront property.
Re: Dana 60 Knuckle Questions???

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ Fan
Okay,
...the knuckles are identical to Ford units in size and dimension as far as anyone knows, correct? Thanks!!
No way dude! Ford vs. chevy/dodge are way different. the only thing the same is they are kingpin.
steering arm (tie rod location) are different
bolt pattern/circle are different (as you seem to know)
i.d. of spindle pilot is different
steering stops...
Aggro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2003, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 1889
Re: Dana 60 Knuckle Questions???

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ Fan
Okay, I have searched to no avail and have been trying to buy a set(GM knuckles)with no luck. We have a project underway that will hopefully take care of some supply and demand issues shortly .
I need the bolt pattern(bolt circle) for the spindle mounting studs on a GM/Dodge Dana 60 kingpin knuckle. Just to double check also, what size and length(stick out) are the 6 studs? Besides from that difference for the spindle mount bolt circle...the knuckles are identical to Ford units in size and dimension as far as anyone knows, correct? Thanks!!
Bolt circle isn't... it would be, but two of the bolt holes are skewed to clear the caliper divot. Get a spindle to measure--I don't have the CAD file here on it.
I'm coming up with a 5 9/16" bolt circle, 4.5" spindle pilot.
The studs are 1/2-20, and 2 1/8" long.

And just to sorta-spill-the-beans... I've already seen the pattern for the new inner "C" that we're making... the pattern shop has moved on to the outer knuckle patterns.
Scott@Rockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2003, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 6804
Just to add a bit more info, the GM and Dodge units are NOT all the same. The location of the tie rod varries a coule inches between different units. I think most of us use high steer so we overlook this but if you mix and match the wrong ones the stock tie rod would run at a angle.
Scoutaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in